- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Magnificent period gentleman's residence
- Stunning woodland gardens of approximately 2.5 acres
- Principal rooms have views to Belfast Lough
- Four reception rooms
- Seven bedrooms (Two with ensuite)
- Kitchen with casual dining area
- Utility room and large pantry
- Double garage
- Oil fired central heating
Additional InformationCraigdarragh Road is one of the most sought after addresses in North Down renowned for unique and high quality properties set within generous gardens which command views to Belfast Lough.
The area in which the property is located is one of North Down's most highly regarded addresses, it is also conveniently situated within 3 minutes of Helen's Bay village, less than 10 minutes from both Bangor and Holywood and 20 minutes from Belfast.
Built in 1907 "Ballycrenan" is a substantial period residence offering spacious accommodation suitable for a number of differing family requirements set amidst generous woodland gardens of approximately 2.5 acres.
The well planned ground floor accommodation comprises of drawing room, dining room, family room, kitchen and utility room, sun room and integral double garage.
On the first floor there are seven bedrooms (two with ensuite), study separate shower room and family bathroom. The principal rooms offer superb views over the woodland gardens to Belfast Lough.
A real feature of the property is the woodland gardens which wrap around the house with many specimen trees and mature hedging providing complete seclusion. To the front of the property there is an additional area of lawn and a gravel driveway leading to the parking and turning area.
All in all one of North Down's finest period residences in a highly regarded residential location.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Double entrance doors with fan light and side light. Corniced ceiling. Ceramic tiled floor.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 4.8m x 3.73m (15' 9" x 12' 3")
Leaded stained glass entrance door and side panels. Stairway to First floor with leaded stained glass landing window. Corniced ceiling.
- Tongue and groove panelled walls and ceiling. Period wash hand basin with brass taps. Separate WC. With tongue and groove panelled walls and ceiling. Ceramic tiled floor. Leaded stained glass windows.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.16m x 5.05m (23' 6" x 16' 7")
Into bay. Attractive period marble fireplace and hearth, corniced ceiling. Views to gardens and Belfast Lough.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.38m x 5.03m (17' 8" x 16' 6")
Period carved fireplace with marble inset and hearth, free standing dog grate, corniced ceiling, picture rail, views to gardens and Belfast Lough.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 6.27m x 4.27m (20' 7" x 14' 0")
Period carved fireplace with marble inset and hearth, corniced ceiling. French double doors to side garden.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Access to Garage.
- KITCHEN WITH DINING AREA:
- 6.1m x 3.35m (20' 0" x 11' 0")
Fitted with a good range of high and low level painted units, polished granite work surfaces, white oil fired Aga. White enamel 1.5 bowl single drainer sink unit with mixer taps, 4 ring ceramic hob and under oven, eye level oven, integrated dishwasher, integrated fridge, ceramic tiled floor. Recessed low voltage lighting. Double doors to:
- GARDEN ROOM:
- 3.73m x 2.44m (12' 3" x 8' 0")
Into bay. Ceramic tiled floor. French double doors to patio and garden. Views to garden and Belfast Lough.
- 4.57m x 2.13m (15' 0" x 7' 0")
Built in high and low level units. Plumbed for washing machine, stainless steel double drainer sink unit, ceramic tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.35m x 2.13m (11' 0" x 7' 0")
Range of high and low level units, ceramic tiled floor. Space for large fridge freezer.
- 7.92m x 7.7m (26' 0" x 25' 3")
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 5.49m x 5.03m (18' 0" x 16' 6")
Excellent range of built in wardrobes. Views to garden and Belfast Lough.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 3.35m x 3.28m (11' 0" x 10' 9")
Contemporary white suite comprising: Fully tiled shower cubicle, vanity unit, low flush WC, ceramic tiled floor, chrome towel radiator, recessed low voltage lighting.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.66m x 4.67m (18' 7" x 15' 4")
Corniced ceiling, vanity unit. Views to garden and Belfast Lough.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.57m x 3.78m (15' 0" x 12' 5")
Corniced ceiling, picture rail. Built in wardrobe. Wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.61m x 3.35m (11' 10" x 11' 0")
Corniced ceiling. Wash hand basin.
- White suite comprising: Panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin, chrome towel radiator, spacious shelved airing cupboard.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising: Fully tiled shower cubicle, wash hand basin and vanity unit, low flush WC.
- BEDROOM (5)/GUEST SUITE:
- 4.34m x 3.4m (14' 3" x 11' 2")
Views to gardens and Belfast Lough. Open to:
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 3.28m x 3.05m (10' 9" x 10' 0")
Fully tiled shower cubicle, low flush WC, vanity unit with wash hand basin, chrome towel radiator, ceramic tiled floor.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 3.58m x 3.4m (11' 9" x 11' 2")
Views to garden and Belfast Lough.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 4.32m x 3.25m (14' 2" x 10' 8")
Wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (7):
- 2.82m x 2.13m (9' 3" x 7' 0")
- STORE ROOM/BEDROOM (8):
- 3.56m x 3.28m (11' 8" x 10' 9")
- Access to external staircase.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- 4.98m x 3.35m (16' 4" x 11' 0")
- BOILER HOUSE.
- The property occupies a magnificent, mature site extending to approximately 2.5 acres with woodland grounds laid in lawns, mature trees, flowers and shrub beds offering a profusion of colour in all seasons. There is also an area of the lawned rear garden that was formerly a lawn tennis court. There is a sweeping gravel driveway with central island to the front of the property and generous parking and turning area.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »