- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Attractive Detached Period Residence Constructed c. 1910
- Superb Site Extending To Approximately 8.5 Acres Including Formal Gardens And Paddock
- Large Yard Area With Garaging, Stables, Barn, Boathouse And Additional Storage Facilities
- Accommodation Requiring General Modernisation Throughout
- Four/Five Bedrooms
- Four Reception Rooms
- Fitted Kitchen
- Bathroom Plus Downstairs Cloakroom
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Additional Fisherman's Lodge Two Bedroom Cottage Approved By Tourism Northern Ireland
- Popular And Pleasant Rural Location Approximately 10 Miles From Coleraine And 1 Hour From Belfast
Additional InformationGarvagh is a pleasant tranquil village approximately 10 miles from Coleraine, 1 hour from Belfast and a short drive from the North Coast and its various attractions and sporting pursuits.
Ballyagan House is an attractive detached period residence constructed c. 1910 and is positioned on an exceptional site extending to c. 8.5 acres, including formal gardens and large paddock, ideal for those with equestrian interests. The property itself has generous accommodation which would now require some general modernisation throughout. In addition, there is a Tourism Northern Ireland approved Fisherman's Lodge adjacent to the property which provides an open plan kitchen/living/dining, two bedrooms and shower room.
Viewing is by private appointment through our South Belfast office on 028 9066 8888.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Tiled floor. Glass panel door with fan and side lights.
- Feature display recess. Storage under. Dado rail. Coving. Centrepiece. Plate rack. Tiled floor.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 4.57m x 4.42m (15' 0" x 14' 6")
Feature wooden surround fireplace, tiled inset and hearth. Mirror over mantel. Picture rail. Coving. Centrepiece. Glass panel door to…
- 3.61m x 3.35m (11' 10" x 11' 0")
Chinese slate floor. French doors to side patio area.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.57m x 3.86m (15' 0" x 12' 8")
Feature slate surround fireplace, cast iron inset, slate tiled hearth, dog grate. Picture rail. Coving.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Tiled floor. Storage under stairs.
- STUDY/BEDROOM (5):
- 3.05m x 2.97m (10' 0" x 9' 9")
Tongue and groove wooden flooring. Book shelving. Picture rail. Dado rail.
- WC. Wash hand basin. Dado rail. Half-panelled walls. Extractor fan.
- BREAKFAST ROOM:
- 4.62m x 3.56m (15' 2" x 11' 8")
Double drainer stainless steel sink unit with storage under. ESSE oil fired range with feature brick surround and tiled splashback. Spice cupboard. Dado rail. Laminated wooden flooring.
- 4.17m x 2.9m (13' 8" x 9' 6")
Stainless steel sink unit. Range of pine fronted high and low level units. Bosch gas hob. Electric under oven. Extractor. Tiled between worktops and high level units. Plumbed for washing machine and dishwasher. Feature half door.
First Floor Return
- BATHROOM & WC:
- Bidet. Vanity unit. Telephone hand shower. Tiled walk-in shower cubicle with mains fitting. Sheeted ceiling. Part tiled around bath and vanity unit. Hotpress and immersion heater.
- ATTIC ROOM (1):
- 4.57m x 3.3m (15' 0" x 10' 10")
Accessed via fixed ladder from landing. Light and power. Velux window.
- ATTIC ROOM (2):
- 6.96m x 3.38m (22' 10" x 11' 1")
Light and power. Velux window.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.42m x 3.84m (14' 6" x 12' 7")
Telephone point. TV point. Double aspect.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.6m x 3.43m (15' 1" x 11' 3")
Feature slate surround fireplace, cast iron and tiled inset. Wash hand basin. Double aspect.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.57m x 3.56m (15' 0" x 11' 8")
Feature slate surround fireplace, cast iron and tiled inset. Vanity unit. Double aspect.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.96m x 3.3m (13' 0" x 10' 10")
Feature cast iron fireplace and mirror over mantel. Recessed vanity unit. Storage. Built-in wardrobe. Telephone point. Double aspect.
‘Fisherman’s Lodge’ - Tourism NI Approved
- OPEN PLAN LIVING/KITCHEN:
- 6.71m x 5.03m (22' 0" x 16' 6")
Feature full height reclaimed brick fireplace, inset beam, 'Mourneview' wood burning stove. Quarry tiled floor. Belfast style sink with brass taps. Wooden draining board with cupboards under. Brick pillars. Storage under stairs. Part tiled around worktops. Original oak beam and support. Part vaulted sheeted ceiling. Recessed lights. French doors to rear garden.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- WC. Wash hand basin. Tiled walk-in shower cubicle with 'Redring Plus Extra' shower fittings. Half panelled walls. Panelled ceiling. Wooden flooring.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 3.61m x 3.4m (11' 10" x 11' 2")
- L-SHAPED ROOM:
- 3.81m x 3.05m (12' 6" x 10' 0")
Accessed via fixed stairs.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 5.08m x 1.7m (16' 8" x 5' 7")
Stainless steel sink unit. Low level units. Plumbed for washing machine and vented for tumble dryer.
- A good working yard lies to the rear of the property with a lined well and an excellent range of outbuildings which include:
- STABLE BLOCK:
- 14.94m x 4.8m (49' 0" x 15' 9")
Four good indoor loose boxes. Water. Light and power.
- GARDEN STORE:
- 4.09m x 1.78m (13' 5" x 5' 10")
- 4.83m x 4.06m (15' 10" x 13' 4")
Three individual stables and light.
- 9.8m x 5.66m (32' 2" x 18' 7")
Double doors. Pedestrian door. Access to half loft. Light and power.
- BOAT HOUSE:
- 12.7m x 4.78m (41' 8" x 15' 8")
Light and power.
- LYING IN SHED (1):
- 5.84m x 5.26m (19' 2" x 17' 3")
- LYING IN SHED (2):
- 5.18m x 4.19m (17' 0" x 13' 9")
- HAY SHED:
- 7.95m x 6.4m (26' 1" x 21' 0")
Feeding trough and light.
- LOG STORE:
- 14.48m x 6.5m (47' 6" x 21' 4")
- 4.34m x 2.9m (14' 3" x 9' 6")
Plus 2 garden stores with loft over.
- Outside and security lighting.
- Spacious well-tended mature gardens laid in lawn surround the property to the front and side and are well stocked with a large variety of indigenous flowers, shrubs, plants and evergreens. There is an additional private garden area in lawn to the rear of the 'Fisherman's Lodge' including an orchard.
A good paddock which extends to c. 5.5 acres lies adjacent to the yard and also enjoys some frontage onto the Carrowreagh Road. There is also a sand arena and woodland area.
The property is approached by a tree lined driveway from the County Road and also has the benefit of two additional rights of way, one onto Movenis Hill and the second also onto the Carrowreagh Road.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
16th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »