"Ash Cottage", 42 Ballyblack Road, Newtownards BT22 2AZ
3 Bed Cottage For Sale
- A Stunning, Extended, Stone Cottage
- Set on a beautiful woodland site of C.4.4 acres
- Including a C.1.5 acre lake with island
- Large Lounge with original stone fireplace
- Large Formal Dining with original brick fireplace
- Family Room with glazed double doors
- Vast Family Entertainment Room measuring 29' x 26'
- Luxury fitted Kitchen in Oak units, slate work surfaces and Rangemaster cooker
- Master Bedroom with Dressing Room and Luxury En Suite
- Good sized Bedroom Two
- Bedroom Three/ Teenagers Annex with stairs to Shower Room
- Luxury Family Bathroom comprising modern white suite
- Steam Room also with thermostatically controlled shower
- Detached Matching Double Garage
- Oil Fired Central Heating System with two boilers, partial underfloor heating
- Upvc double glazed windows, Red Composite front door
- Fabulous Woodland Garden, laid out in formal lawn areas, woodland grass paths surrounding the lake and vast range of native trees
- Extensive, Secluded, Decked Sun Terrace measuring: 40' x 40'
- Accessed via Private Concrete lane flanked by trees, hedging and fencing leading to extensive stone drive with lots of parking
- Both Resident and visiting wildlife including Wild Swan, Mallard, Buzzard, Red Kite, Owl and nesting Otters to name a few!
- The property is FREEHOLD
Additional InformationSeclusion, Nature, Tranquillity!
Offering For Sale this absolutely stunning, extended stone cottage to the open market. Very rarely does an opportunity arise to purchase a property of such a high calibre. "Ash Cottage" represents the chance to buy a property that not only delivers large enough accommodation for a growing family, but also provides a once in a lifetime situation to own your own mini nature reserve.
The property is accessed via a private concrete lane flanked by trees, hedging and fencing. This leads onto the dwelling and extensive stone drive with lots of parking for all the family.
The property rests on the edge of it's own C.1.5 acre lake, complete with it's very own island. Bordering the lake are both formal and informal woodland gardens laid out in extensive lawn area's, grass path's surrounding the lake, an apple and pear orchard and vast range of native trees and foliage. Additionally there is a detached matching garage.
As you can imagine there are phenomenal vista's from the dwelling over the lake, and of particular note from the family entertainment room, which could also be used as a home office to work from.
All in all 42 Ballyblack Road is a property like no other, and as agents we strongly advise arranging a viewing appraisal immediately, to help avoid disappointment.
- Red composite front door to...
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Ceramic tiled floor, dado rail, roof space access, alarm keypad, concealed hot press with 'OZO' unvented hot water cylinder.
- FORMAL DINING:
- 5.64m x 3.89m (18' 6" x 12' 9")
Into bay. Feature bay window with views over orchard, original Belfast Brick fireplace with wood burning stove, sleeper mantle, slate hearth, polished Oak floor.
- LUXURY FITTED KITCHEN:
- 6.58m x 2.95m (21' 7" x 9' 8")
Franke stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, excellent range of high and low level Oak units, slate work surfaces, 110 Rangemaster cooker with feature Oak extractor hood, integrated dish washer, plumbed for American style fridge freezer, plate gallery, wine rack, wall tiling, spotlighting, ceramic tiled floor, Upvc double glazed door to rear.
- 5.69m x 5.38m (18' 8" x 17' 8")
Into bay. Feature bay window with view to orchard, original stone fireplace with wood burning stove, sleeper mantle, wall light point,.
- BEDROOM (3)/ TEENAGERS ANNEX
- 5.03m x 3.28m (16' 6" x 10' 9")
Stunning views over lake, recessed spotlighting, staircase leading to...
- Pitch Pine floor, Velux window, recessed spotlighting, access to roof space and eaves storage.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Comprising traditional style white suite with separate fully tiled shower cubicle, Mira thermostatically controlled shower unit, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush WC, bidet, fully tiled walls, Pitch Pine floor, recessed spotlighting.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.2m x 3.05m (10' 6" x 10' 0")
Polished laminate floor, built in robe.
- LUXURY FAMILY BATHROOM:
- Comprising modern white suite with feature roll top bath and center mixer taps, large separate fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower, floorstand with wash hand basin and mixer taps, push button WC, two chrome towel radiators, recessed spotlighting.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.72m x 3.53m (15' 6" x 11' 7")
Views over secluded, decked sun terrace.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 3.05m x 2.46m (10' 0" x 8' 1")
Excellent range of floor to ceiling built in robes clad in tongue and groove, Polished Maple floor, recessed spotlighting.
- LUXURY EN SUITE:
- Comprising white suite, walk in fully tiled shower cubicle, thermostatically controlled shower, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush WC, two chrome towel radiators, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, tongue and groove ceiling, recessed spotlighting.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.57m x 2.51m (15' 0" x 8' 3")
Solid Maple floor, glazed double doors to...
- FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT ROOM:
- 8.89m x 7.95m (29' 2" x 26' 1")
Range of low level white units, solid Maple work surfaces, twin tub enamal sink unit with mixer taps, solid Maple floor, tongue and groove ceiling, recessed spotlighting, stunning views over lake and gardens. Steam room with thermostatically controlled shower unit, bench seating, extract fan and lighting.
- DETACHED MATCHING GARAGE:
- 5.69m x 5.36m (18' 8" x 17' 7")
Twin up and door's, oil fired boiler, wash hand basin, Upvc double glazed pedestrian door and side window. Approached by extensive stone driveway with vast amount of parking for all the family, a leisure boat and a motorhome!
- Extensive, landscaped woodland gardens of Circa 4.4 acres which incapulates a Circa 1.5 acre lake, and island. With such substantial, mature gardens this property has it's on eco-system in place with an abundance of wildlife both living within and visiting.
There are Wild Swan, Mallard, Buzzard, Red Kite, Owl, a pair of visiting Heron, nesting Otter's and a large variety of insects.
Extensive manicured lawns, well stocked flower beds in shrubs, plants and bushes, Apple and Pear orchard and a full range of native mature trees including Willow, Pine, Oak, Ash Rowan, Birch and Bay. There is also a large wild flower meadow and beautiful grassland paths all around the lake providing the most stunning backdrop for family get togethers, photography, nature observation or for just simply switching off and unwinding.
The property is accessed via it's own private concrete avenue which is flanked by trees and hedging, providing a glimpse of the lake as you lead into the extensive stone drive and ample parking area opposite the gardens and lake.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »