Arundel House, 16A Old Cultra Road,
Holywood, BT18 0AE
6 Bed Detached House
Offers around £1,845,000
Contact the Agent
Colliers New Homes
Offers around £1,845,000
No results, try changing your mortgage criteria below
4,500 sq. feet
Is this your property? Attract more buyers by upgrading your listing
- A substantial detached family home set on a private and mature site on the exclusive Old Cultra Road in North Down
- Private electric gates leading to parking and turning spaces and double garages
- Gracious accommodation set over 3 floors, extending to over 4500 sq ft
- Meticulously designed interior with marble tiling, ornate high skirting boards, cornice ceiling and ornate, restored fireplaces
- Bright and spacious entertaining and reception areas, all flooded with natural light
- Formal drawing room with slate fireplace and hearth, wooden floors and curved bay window, doors to:
- Formal Dining Room / Study / Playroom with doors to SW facing terraces and gardens
- Family room with solid wooden floor and open fireplace, which is across from:
- Bespoke kitchen with full range of built in appliances and island unit open to:
- Casual dining area with space for 6/8 setting table opening to living area with fireplace with feature windows and doors leading to SW facing sun terrace and gardens
- Rear hallway with side door, storage and boot room area leading to utility room with door to rear gardens and terraces.
- First floor landing leading to 3 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms in total :
- The Principal bedroom is designed like a leading hotel suite, solid wooden flooring with fireplace & bay windows, leading to:
- dressing room with customised built in wardrobes leading to shower room
- Bedroom 2 with solid wooden floor, bay window and ensuite shower room
- Bedroom 3 is a double bedroom which could be used as a nursery or dressing room
- Main bathroom with custom free standing bath tub, double shower and designer tiling
- Second floor landing leading to shower room and 3 further double bedrooms and a storage room
- Mature and private site with landscaped gardens and lawns, mature trees and south west facing sun terrace
- Detached double garage with additional utility room and wooden staircase to sail loft with windows and door to side – ideal for office or playroom
- Stunning cobbled and paved seating areas with planted flowerbeds and specimen trees around this stylish and attractive home
- Only a couple of minutes’ walk from the Cultra coastline and beaches whilst also close to Belfast City airport and city centre
- Culloden Hotel and Spa, RNIYC. Royal Belfast GC, leading primary/secondary schools and train halts are all highly convenient
Old Cultra Road is one of the more private and mature avenues in Northern Irelands most exclusive location, only a few minutes’ walk from the shoreline and a ten minute drive from the City Airport.
This fine property was designed by Des Ewing and constructed in recent years with beautiful salvaged brick detailing and exterior. The traditional design over two and a half storeys provide meticulously constructed and generous accommodation with detached garages with sail loft over, all extending to over c.5000 sq ft.
The entertaining areas have a balance and proportion rarely offered in the Northern Ireland market, with large and stylish rooms & private living and sleeping areas which will suit user requirements from the discerning buyer to a large family.
With ample accommodation, a secure site with beautifully landscaped gardens this special home is only a few moments from the coastal walks, beaches and paths of Cultra, with Holywood only a short walk away, the City centre and Airport are easily accessible by road or train.
Few opportunities of this calibre are ever available to purchase in North Down. Please contact us at your convenience to arrange a private appointment to view.
THE PROPERTY COMPRISES:
Solid wooden front door with ornate glazed side panels & glazed fan light. Leading into Porch.
ENTRANCE PORCH: 9' 6" x 5' 3" (2.9m x 1.6m) Marble tiled flooring. Ornate lighting. Cornice high ceilings. Inner vestibule door with glazed panels. Leading into Formal Entrance Hall.
ENTRANCE HALL: 18' 1" x 9' 6" (5.5m x 2.9m) Marble flooring and wall detailing. Cornice ceilings. Wooden staircase to first floor. Door leading to downstairs Cloakroom with WC.
DOWNSTAIRS WC: Cloakroom with solid marble tiled flooring. Low flush WC. Concealed cistern with granite trim. Wash hand basin with mixer taps. Large storage area. Low voltage lighting.
DRAWING ROOM: 16' 9" x 25' 3" (5.1m x 7.7m) Beautiful Wooden flooring. Cornice ceilings, high skirting and picture rails.
Curved bay window to front of property with fitted roman blinds.
Stunning slate fireplace and hearth with inset open fire. Low voltage lighting. Folding glazed doors opening to the Formal Dining Room.
FORMAL DINING ROOM: 16' 9" x 10' 2" (5.1m x 3.1m) Wooden flooring. Cornice ceilings & picture rail. French doors with glazed panels and side panels leading to rear terraces and gardens. Separate door opening to Formal Hallway.
This bright room would also be ideal for a home office or kids playroom.
FORMAL HALLWAY: Marble floor, Cornice ceiling, elegant hallway with Solid wooden door to rear hallway:
REAR HALLWAY: Barrel curved ceiling. Marble Flooring. Leading to rear entrance hallway and side door with glazed panel, fan light and solid wooden door.
Fully shelved wall with built in storage, hanging spaces and home intelligence cupboard. Plenty of hanging shelving and storage space.
UTILITY ROOM: Built in fridge/freezer, Miele washing machine and tumble dryer. Stainless steel Rangemaster sink with ornate taps. Granite worktops and splashbacks. Built in storage. Low voltage lighting.
Door leading to rear South West facing Patios and Gardens.
FAMILY ROOM: 15' 5" x 18' 1" (4.7m x 5.5m) Curved bay window with Roman blinds overlooking front of property. Cornice high ceilings. Light fittings. Solid marble flooring. Open fireplace with granite hearth.
Entertainment area with double glazed doors and side panelling leading to Kitchen/Living/Dining room.
KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING ROOM: 30' 2" x 17' 1" (9.2m x 5.2m) Beautiful bespoke kitchen area with cornice ceilings. A range of high and low level cupboards, drawers, shelves and units. Solid wooden kitchen with a range of built in appliances.
Prep sink with mixer taps within a granite worktop. Double Belfast ceramic sink with mixer taps. Deep filled drawers, shelves, larder units and tall fridge/freezer. Fitted Miele dishwasher.
Central island unit with granite worktop including plenty of storage space and power supply. Lacanche range cooker with a 5 ring gas hob, double oven and warming drawers with extractor fan above with light fittings.
Dining area open to living area with double height cathedral style ceiling, with beautiful windows to sides and rear and large full height fitted gas fire. Views over rear South West facing gardens and patios. Three opening doors to the South west facing terraces and patios.
Staircase Leading to First Floor.
Half landing with large window overlooking rear garden.
PRINCIPAL BEDROOM: 25' 3" x 17' 1" (7.7m x 5.2m) Solid wooden mahogany herringbone floor. Cornice ceiling & picture rail. Wooden fireplace, slate mantle and wooden hearth with book cases on either side of the fireplace. Semi circular panelled bay windows overlooking the front of the property.
Walk in dressing room with 6 double opening wardrobes including built in drawers and shelves with granite detailing. Walk in storage closet with hanging space.
Door to Principle En-Suite.
PRINCIPAL EN-SUITE Marble tiled flooring. Double shower with telephone shower handle and substantial multi function overhead shower. Low flush WC and bidet. Concealed cistern. Stylish Jacuzzi style wash hand basin with mixer taps. Vanity unit with granite trim. Built in cupboard.
BEDROOM (2): 17' 1" x 23' 4" (5.2m x 7.1m) /GUEST SUITE.
Solid wooden mahogany herringbone floor. Cornice ceilings and picture rails. Bay windows overlooking front of property. Panelling on the walls.
ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM: Marble tiled flooring. Fully tiled walk in shower cubicle with watering can showerhead. Vanity unit with built in sink and drawers. Low flush WC. Wall detailing and wall lights. Extractor fan.
NURSERY/STUDY/DRESSING ROOM: 9' 6" x 10' 10" (2.9m x 3.3m) Fully carpeted. Cornice ceilings.
FAMILY BATHROOM: 11' 6" x 10' 2" (3.5m x 3.1m) Fully tiled shower cubicle with overhead shower. Beautiful tiled flooring. Concealed cistern and low flush WC. Stylish wash hand basin with vanity unit with fitted mirror above. Marble and tiled trim. Deep filled free standing bath with mixer taps. Low voltage lighting. Extractor fan. Cornice ceiling.
Stairs leading to Second Floor.
LANDING: Wall lighting.
BEDROOM (3): 17' 1" x 24' 7" (5.2m x 7.5m) Eaves storage. Fully carpeted. Windows to front and side.
SHOWER ROOM: Vanity unit with wash hand basin. Low flush WC. Corner bath with Mira Sport electric shower attachment. Tiled flooring. Extractor fan.
BEDROOM (4): 12' 10" x 17' 1" (3.9m x 5.2m) (Measurements taken from widest points). Eaves ceiling. Low voltage lighting.
BEDROOM (5): 11' 10" x 12' 10" (3.6m x 3.9m) Wood effect flooring. Low voltage lighting. Eaves storage. Walk in storage room with laundry racks and pressurised water system.
Shared cobbled driveway leading to private double opening electric gates with wooden cladding leading to extensive parking and turning areas with loose gravel chip driveways. Mature gardens including planted flowerbeds and tall laurel hedging. circular patio with lighting appreciating morning and evening sun.
Cobbled area to the rear. Extra parking to the rear and boat storage.
GARAGE: 21' 4" x 20' 4" (6.5m x 6.2m) Two electrically controlled up and over doors. Side door entrance. Smooth concrete floor screed. Hanging space. Oil fired central heating boiler.
Separate utility room with fitted hoover,dryer and Samsung washing machine. One and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit. Inset granite effect worktop and fitted cupboards.
Wooden staircase leading to a sail loft or extensive storage room or kids play room (6 metres long x 4 metres wide of usable space). Door to front. Light and power. Double velux windows.
Cobbled parking area to the rear of the Sail Loft. Beautiful seating area and pathway around to the side of the property.
Covered bin store/ wood store / storage area with ornate wooden detailing. Pathway leading around the side of the house with cobbled detailing. Stone path leading to extensive rear terrace and patio area with lighting which is accessed via the Formal Dining Area's French doors and three opening glazed panelled doors from the Kitchen/Living/Dining room.
Overhead wooden pergola with fitted lights.
Ornate rear gardens with beautiful planted flowerbeds, box hedging and mature tree's.
Diamond shaped lawn to the rear which is bordered by private and mature gardens with a South West aspect. Walkway via the planted flowerbeds towards a rear Summerhouse which is ideal for the tranquil setting of this site.
LOCATION: Old Cultra Road runs between farmhill Road and Cultra Avenue.
SPOTTED A PROBLEM? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.
Is this your property? Attract more buyers by upgrading your listing. See options and pricing