- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Magnificent detached home set amidst manicured gardens extendng to circa 7 acres
- Constructed in 2005 by highly renowned builders Gilbert Ash
- Impressive pillared entrance with electronic security gates with a sweeping driveway.
- Stunning reception hall with gallery landing and exposed oak beams
- Three reception rooms, all with beautiful hand carved fireplaces and ornate plasterwork
- Kittle of Toye hand painted kitchen, pantry, separate utility room and cloakroom
- Open plan kitchen, living, dining area with wood burning stove
- Doors from kitchen opening onto breakfast terrace and walled garden
- Within easy commuting distance of Belfast City centre and George Best Belfast City Airport
- Master bedroom suite with dressing room and ensuite bathroom
- Four additional bedrooms, with four ensuites
- Private lane leading to manicured gardens with water features
- Extensive outbuildings including gardeners store, storage sheds and plant room
- Twin high efficiency oil fired heating system and back up generator
- Self contained annex with two double bedrooms with ensuites, open plan kitchen, living, dining area with floor to ceiling glazing
- Opus music entertainment system throughout
- Beam vacuum system throughout/sensor lighting and camera security system around property
- Sought after countryside location with ease of access to main arterial routes
Additional InformationArdnabrac is a magnificent detached country residence with additional self contained annex, range of stone outbuildings, enclosed yard, and manicured gardens measuring circa 7 acres.
Additional land available by separate negotiation
Approached through twin entrance pillars along a winding driveway, 'Ardnabrac' is a truly impressive detached country residence.
The property is set in circa 7 acres including manicured gardens that contain a beautiful walled garden and morning sun terrace. Positioned behind automated gates, the property enjoys considerable privacy whilst the location is convenient to main arterial routes. Finished to an exacting standard by the current owners, the home was constructed in 2005 by highly renowned builders Gilbert Ash, using top quality materials and craftsmanship which is apparent throughout the home. The well-proportioned family accommodation features elegant sandstone fireplaces, bespoke plasterwork detailing and a gracious hand carved oak staircase and flooring throughout. Whilst the setting of 'Ardnabrac' enjoys complete privacy the property is conveniently located between Comber and Dundonald right in the heart of the Co. Down countryside yet within easy commuting distance of Belfast City Centre and less than 10 minutes from Stormont, the Ulster Hospital and some of Belfast's leading schools.
All in all a magnificent country home enjoying all the style and grandeur of a period home, yet benefiting from all the comforts and luxuries of modern day living.
Viewing is strictly by private appointment and is highly recommended.
- COVERED, LIT VERANDAH AREA:
- York Stone paving with granite corbel edging into:
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- 3.07m x 2.92m (10' 1" x 9' 7")
Double solid oak front doors. Hand cut Italian Travertine tiled floor which continues into:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 7.49m x 4.62m (24' 7" x 15' 2")
Hardwood glazed door with glazed side panels. Impressive feature sandstone fireplace surround with dog grate open fire. Vaulted ceiling, wood panelling and exposed beams. Hand cut Italian Travertine tiled floor. Archway through to:
- REAR HALLWAY:
- 4.65m x 1.96m (15' 3" x 6' 5")
Hardwood glazed door opening to walled garden. Hand cut Italian Travertine tiled floor.
- STUDY / SNUG:
- 5.31m x 4.7m (17' 5" x 15' 5")
Ornate sandstone fireplace surround with gas fire, sandstone hearth. Built in solid Oak hand crafted book shelving, ornate corniced ceiling.
- DINING ROOM:
- 7.52m x 4.7m (24' 8" x 15' 5")
Solid oak parquet floor, ornate corniced ceiling, glazed hardwood patio doors to walled garden. Entertainment/ music system. Twin archways through to:
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 9.02m x 5.92m (29' 7" x 19' 5")
Solid oak parquet flooring, ornate corniced ceiling, impressive sandstone fireplace, sandstone hearth, brick inglenook fireplace with dog grate open fire. Entertainment/music system. Solid oak double doors
- BUTLER'S PANTRY:
- 2.51m x 1.55m (8' 3" x 5' 1")
Stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, range of built in units and built in shelving. Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Solid oak parquet flooring. Handcrafted double doors leading from Entrance Hall to:
- OPEN PLAN KITCHEN / LIVING / DINING AREA:
- 16.38m x 5.99m (53' 9" x 19' 8")
Hand crafted 'Kittle of Toye' kitchen with Corian Lava Rock worktops, 4 oven oil fired Aga with dual hotplates and twin gas hob, integrated extractor hood with recessed lighting. Double stainless steel Franke sink unit with mixer taps and Insinkerater waste disposal unit, excellent range of high and low level units, integrated Subzero american style fridge and freezer, large island unit with integrated hardwood chopping block and raised solid oak breakfast bar, integrated wine cooler. Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Solid oak handcrafted strip wood flooring. Integrated sound system. Intercom system for electronic gates. Double doors through to rear porch and hallway. Doors opening onto terraces with views over gardens. Opening into:
- LARDER CUPBOARD:
- 1.75m x 1.73m (5' 9" x 5' 8")
Excellent range of high and low level units, built in shelving, recessed low voltage spotlighting. Solid oak handcrafted strip wood flooring.
- DINING AREA:
- Raised vaulted tongue and groove ceiling with exposed beams. Dining space for 10-12 people. Through to:
- LIVING AREA:
- Feature granite stone fireplace with integrated solid oak mantle and Charnwood cast iron wood burning stove.
- BOOT ROOM:
- 7.29m x 3.33m (23' 11" x 10' 11")
Solid oak rear door. Tongue and groove panelled wall with bench seating and cloaks rack. Quarry tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- STORE ROOM:
- 2.34m x 2.16m (7' 8" x 7' 1")
Quarry tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- ADDITIONAL STORE ROOM:
- Built in fire alarm.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.64m x 2.11m (8' 8" x 6' 11")
Excellent range of high and low level units with single drainer stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, recess for tumble dryer, quarry tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- REAR PORCH / SUN ROOM:
- 11.35m x 8.18m (37' 3" x 26' 10")
Glazed hardwood door with glazed atrium and side panels. Ceramic tiled floor. Aspect over rear garden. Double doors opening onto rear garden. Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Stainless steel wood tread spiral staircase to first floor of annex. Service door into:
- DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 7.47m x 6.76m (24' 6" x 22' 2")
Double hardwood up and over doors with electric motors. Light and power. Steps down to:
- PLANT ROOM (1):
- 5.46m x 2.34m (17' 11" x 7' 8")
- PLANT ROOM (2):
- 5.41m x 4.83m (17' 9" x 15' 10")
Two commercial oil fired boilers. Backup diesel generator, recovery system. Hardwood door to car parking area. Light and power.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.39m x 4.37m (14' 5" x 14' 4")
Range of built in storage units including mirrored sliding robes and shelving drawers.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 2.36m x 2.03m (7' 9" x 6' 8")
White suite comprising: Tongue and groove panelled bath, thermostatic shower unit, glazed shower screen, Sottini sink unit with mixer taps. Closed cistern low flush WC, part tongue and groove wall panelling, part tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spotlighting, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 5.38m x 4.67m (17' 8" x 15' 4")
Range of built in robes with hanging rails and shelving. Mirrored doors.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.92m x 2.34m (9' 7" x 7' 8")
Sottini sink unit with mixer taps, closed cistern low flush WC, part tongue and groove panelled walls, part tiled walls, fully tiled 'wet room' shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit, recessed low voltage spotlighting and ceramic tiled floor. Chrome heated towel rail.
- CLOAKS CUPBOARD / WC:
- 2.92m x 1.4m (9' 7" x 4' 7")
Hand cut Italian Travertine tiled flooring. Part tongue and groove panelled walls. Sink unit with mixer taps.
- SEPARATE WC:
- 1.75m x 1.19m (5' 9" x 3' 11")
Low flush WC, half wall tongue and groove panelling. Hand cut Italian Travertine tiled floor. Bespoke hand crafted solid oak staircase and balustrade to: FIRST FLOOR
- LANDING AREA:
- 9.7m x 2.34m (31' 10" x 7' 8")
Solid oak strip wood floor. Feature vaulted ceiling with exposed beams.
- MASTER SUITE:
- 15.98m x 8.53m (52' 5" x 28' 0")
Incorporating Master Bedroom, Dressing Area, Ensuite Bathroom and Luggage Room:
- BEDROOM AREA:
- Feature ornate fireplace surround and hearth for decorative purposes only, integrated music/entertainment system.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 4.44m x 3.96m (14' 7" x 13' 0")
Traditional white bathroom suite with feature stand alone Hoesch design bath with mixer taps and telephone hand shower, walk in double shower unit with drench shower head and hand shower, thermostatic shower unit, twin feature sink units with mixer taps, twin chrome heated towel rails, closed cistern Duravit low flush WC. Part tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Built in airing cupboard with slatted shelving.
- LUGGAGE ROOM:
- 3.18m x 1.78m (10' 5" x 5' 10")
- DRESSING AREA:
- 4.5m x 2.36m (14' 9" x 7' 9")
Range of hand crafted solid oak built in robes with hanging rails, drawers and shelving, built in lighting, vanity dressing table with integrated mirrors and recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.4m x 4.7m (21' 0" x 15' 5")
Feature vaulted ceiling. Window bench seating with built in storage.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 2.46m x 2.34m (8' 1" x 7' 8")
Hanging rails and built in shelving. Recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 2.84m x 2.44m (9' 4" x 8' 0")
Sunken tongue and groove panelled Showerlux bath with mixer taps and telephone hand shower, Sottini sink unit with mixer taps, half wall tongue and groove panelling. Closed cistern low flush WC. Ceramic tiled floor. Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit, chrome heated towel rail, recessed low voltage spotlighting, extractor fan. Partly tiled walls.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.72m x 4.5m (15' 6" x 14' 9")
Excellent range of built in robes with hanging rails and shelving, mirrored panel.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 3.35m x 2.57m (11' 0" x 8' 5")
Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit, chrome heated towel rail, Sottini sink unit with mixer taps, closed cistern low flush WC, half wall tongue and groove panelling, partly tiled walls. Recessed low voltage spotlighting, ceramic tiled floor.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 3.25m x 1.93m (10' 8" x 6' 4")
Tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- CLOAKROOM / UTILITY:
- 2.59m x 1.68m (8' 6" x 5' 6")
Range of high and low level units, 1.5 drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps. Tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- SEPARATE WC:
- 2.59m x 1.35m (8' 6" x 4' 5")
Granite tiled floor. Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, mixer taps, partly tiled walls, recessed low voltage spotlighting, extractor fan.
- OPEN PLAN KITCHEN / LIVING / DINING:
- 4.34m x 4.19m (14' 3" x 13' 9")
Excellent range of solid wood units, 1.5 drainer Franke stainless steel sink unit, mixer taps, integrated Smeg double oven with 4 ring ceramic hob, glazed stainless steel extractor hood with integrated lighting, stainless steel splashback, integrated Neff dishwasher, integrated Bosch fridge and freezer, island unit with additional drawers and electrical point, glazed display cupboards, granite tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- DINING / LIVING AREA:
- 6.78m x 4.44m (22' 3" x 14' 7")
Vaulted ceiling and exposed beams. Floor to ceiling glazed windows, views over rear garden. Door onto rear terrace.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.67m x 4.55m (15' 4" x 14' 11")
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 2.9m x 2.21m (9' 6" x 7' 3")
White suite comprising: Panelled bath with mixer taps, telephone hand shower, Shower unit, glazed shower screen, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush WC, chrome heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled walls, recessed low voltage spotlighting and extractor fan. Door to rear garden.
- Feature spiral stainless steel and wooden tread staircase off kitchen/Living/Dining to:
- LANDING / SITTING AREA:
- 4.39m x 2.11m (14' 5" x 6' 11")
Tongue and groove wall panelling. Solid wood strip floor. Double doors to:
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.39m x 3.28m (14' 5" x 10' 9")
Double sliding mirrored robes. Built in lighting. Exposed beams/solid strip pine wood floor.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 3.07m x 2.34m (10' 1" x 7' 8")
White suite comprising: Stand alone roll top ball and claw foot bath with mixer taps, telephone hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin, mixer taps, low flush WC, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit, recessed low voltage spotlighting. Ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled walls, extractor fan.
- STORAGE ROOM / BEDROOM (3):
- 8.15m x 4.34m (26' 9" x 14' 3")
Exposed beams. Wood strip floor. Leading back to rear porch with stainless steel wooden tread spiral staircase. Door out to raised terrace and steps to parking area.
- Range of Stone Block Outbuildings:
- LOG STORE (1):
- 2.39m x 2.34m (7' 10" x 7' 8")
Light and power.
- ADDITIONAL GARDENER'S SHED:
- 5.84m x 5.44m (19' 2" x 17' 10")
Barn style sliding doors. Light and power.
- FURTHER STORAGE SHED:
- 5.03m x 4.88m (16' 6" x 16' 0")
Boiler room with Velaire Vitesse oil fired boiler.
- PLANT ROOM FOR ANNEXE:
- 2.24m x 1.42m (7' 4" x 4' 8")
Pump for Artesian well for garden irrigation system. Underfloor heating controls. Electric gate entrance with sweeping tarmac driveway with bordered hedging leading to extensive car parking area to front with granite corbelling and rear stoned courtyard area. Range of outdoor patio terraces including morning terrace and walled garden patio with barbeque area perfect for evening entertaining, landscaped gardens with trees, shrubs, lake and walks through the woodlands.
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »