Apartment 3 Titanic Suite, Ardara House, Comber BT23 5PG
2 Bed Apartment For Sale
- Luxurious Ground Floor Apartment Steeped in Historical Character & Charm
- Originally Victorian Family Residence Constructed and Occupied by the Andrews Family Converted to Six Luxury Apartments
- Former Billiard Room Currently Used as Gracious Drawing Room with Outlook to Gardens
- Fitted Kitchen Open Plan to Dining Room
- Two Well Proportioned Bedrooms
- Double Glazing/Economy 7 Heating
- Victorian Style Family Bathroom with Separate Shower Unit
- Utility Room
- Beautifully Landscaped Mature Communal Gardens With Colourful Array of Planting
- Assigned Covered Car Port
- Location Close To Comber Town Centre Boasting A Range of Local Amenities
- Provides Ease of Access to Road Networks and Public Transport Links for Commuting to Belfast and Newtownards
Additional InformationThis is a unique property steeped in intrigue and history, and oozing quality and comfort. It is one of six apartments which were created from Ardara House, the original family home of the Andrews family. It sits at the end of a winding driveway, in beautifully maintained grounds.
Ardara House was constructed in 1875 by Sir Thomas Andrews for his family. Thomas Andrews Jnr became the managing director, and the chief naval architect, of Harland and Wolff, and was the designer of the world famous RMS Titanic.
The Titanic Suite is the result of a sympathetic conversion from the original house. This luxury two bedroom apartment offers a wealth of character and historical charm, with feature height ceilings and ornate cornicing.
Externally the communal gardens have been beautifully landscaped and are laid in lawns with a colourful array of mature planting and trees. There is also access to an allocated covered carport with light and power to the rear of the property.
The location is within a short distance from Comber town centre which offers a varied range of local amenities, shops and restaurants. The location also boasts ease of access to the main routes for commuting to Belfast, Bangor and Newtownards. George Best Belfast City Airport, The Ulster Hospital, David Lloyd Fitness Centre, Parliament Buildings at Stormont and Dundonald Village only a short drive away.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase a slice of Northern Ireland history with a property which oozes quality, with abundant character and charm, and well-proportioned, easily managed accommodation.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Hardwood front door with semi-circular top light to grand reception hall.
With feature height ceiling, original Victorian beamed and corniced ceiling, picture rail, built-in storage cupboard, large built-in cloaks cupboard with hanging rail and shelving.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Recessed shelving, access hatch to roofspace.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.57m x 5.72m (24' 10" x 18' 9")
into square bay
Original Victorian fireplace with carved and polished mahogany surround mantel, bevelled glass mirror inset above mantel, decorative recessed tiled inset, faux log electric fire, feature mahogany wall panelling with carved floral and shield pieces, original Victorian cornice ceiling, feature double glazed sash windows with hardwood surround, oak parquet wooden flooring, TV point, outlook to front.
- DINING ROOM:
- 2.59m x 3.45m (8' 6" x 11' 4")
Outlook to rear, picture rail, carved hardwood fireplace surrounds with granite hearth, square archway through to kitchen.
- 2.59m x 2.26m (8' 6" x 7' 5")
Fully fitted kitchen with range of high and low level Shaker style units, wood effect laminate work surfaces, inset single bowl sink unit, integrated Indesit electric oven, four ring Indesit ceramic hob, fixed canopy with built-in extractor hood, space for fridge freezer, part tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, access hatch to roofspace.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.5m x 2.92m (14' 9" x 9' 7")
Picture rail, outlook to rear.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.06m x 2.92m (13' 4" x 9' 7")
Outlook to rear, picture rail, built-in recessed shelving, built-in mahogany wardrobe with mirrored door, built-in mahogany high level cupboard with leaded glass door, feature Victorian style bed frame.
- Recently upgraded Oxford Blue suite comprising: low flush WC, feature roll top bath with antique style centre fill mixer taps and telephone hand shower, bidet with brass mixer taps, pedestal wash hand basin with brass taps, fully tiled shower cubicle with Gainsborough electric shower unit, part painted wood panelled walls, vanity mirror with lighting, hotpress with built-in shelving and lagged copper cylinder, tiled flooring, extractor fan.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Built-in shelving, plumbed for washing machine.
- Approached via a sweeping drive, Ardara House is set within its own landscaped communal gardens, beautifully tended and laid in lawns with colourful array of mature planting, residents' communal car parking, covered carport with one assigned space per apartment with overhead light and power.
Travelling from Comber Square along High Street continue along the Ballygowan Road and the entrance for Ardara House will be on your right after passing the entrance to Ardarawood. Take the lane on your right and and continue to the end.
How much will it cost?
12th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »