- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- A rare opportunity to purchase a designated campus style 'Technology Park' comprising a fully landscaped site and substantial car parking facilities.
- Freehold disposal.
- Total site area of 76 acres.
- Currently generating a total rental income of £867,000 per annum, subject to a number of break clauses and lease expiries.
- Of the Current income of £867,000 per annum, £351,250 per annum is under lease until 2029 with no break clause.
- The Technology Park totals c. 153,912 sq ft accommodation, of which c. 22,669 sq ft has previously been sold off via long leasehold titles.
- A net total accommodation of c. 131,243 sq.ft comprises excellent large factory units and a number of own door commercial/office buildings all with extensive carparking, site storage and marshalling provision. There is an extensive quality road network providing unrivalled opportunities for future development (STPP).
- 97% let to Schrader Electronics Ltd. a group company of Sensata Technologies Holding PLC.
- Sold with the benefit of a 3.42 acre fully serviced site.
- Numerous other development opportunities within the park, subject to all required permissions.
- Over 1,100 international investors and a multitude of investors from the rest of the UK have chosen to locate in Northern Ireland and over 70% of new inward investors reinvesting.
- Operating costs average 20 – 30% less than the rest of UK and Europe.
- There are 160 Ferry and Freight sailings per week to Great Britain and Europe.
- Under two hours by road or rail from Belfast to Dublin, the capital of the Republic of Ireland.
- NI has a population of 1.8m people and is one of the youngest and fastest growing in Europe with 53% of the NI workforce under 40 years old.
- The highest availability of superfast broadband and 4G download speeds.
- The regions airports deal with almost 7m passengers per year.
- Queens University is 1st in the UK for entrepreneurial impact and Ulster University is in the top 3% of Global Universities.
Northern Ireland Technology Sector
- A vibrant advanced manufacturing and engineering sector. The region has a depth of expertise across several sectors including aerospace, automotive, materials handling and life & health sciences.
- The world’s top region for FS technology inward investment.
- International companies operating in the region include Spirit AeroSystems, Caterpillar, Linamar, Seagate, Sensata, Terex and Terumo.
- The #1 international investment location for US cyber security firms and is home to the UK’s national innovation and knowledge centre for cyber security, CSIT (Centre for Secure IT), based at Queen’s University Belfast.
Situation / Description
The property occupies an approximately 76 acre site accessed off the roundabout joining the A26 Belfast Road/Belmont Road c. 1.4 miles south east of the Antrim town centre. The site is bounded by the A26 to the north and the Six Mile Water River to the remaining south, east and west boundaries.
The Technology Park is in close proximity to large residential developments situated at the northern side of the Belfast Road/Belmont Road and low density residential dwellings at Oldstone Road.
The estate roads within the park also provide access to the adjoining Muckamore Cricket and Lawn Tennis club which is situated to the south west of the site and there is also access to the public walkway ‘Mill Race Trail’ which is a pathway running beside the Six Mile Water river to Muckamore.
Antrim Technology Park was developed in the 1980s by the Industrial Development Board (one of Invest Northern Ireland’s predecessor bodies) and opened in 1986. The estate was specifically developed for the technology industry to encourage enterprises which make use of high technology, operating in the fields of electronics pharmaceuticals biotechnology, light engineering, research and development and design.
Antrim Technology Park comprises a number of standalone factory / manufacturing / R&D and office units within a designated ‘Technology Park’ including service roads and a substantial level of dedicated car parking to each unit. The park includes a generous amount of landscaping, mature trees and shrubbery throughout.
The vendor’s interest comprises 13no. buildings, car parking and a number of potential development sites, subject to all necessary consents. There are 2 no. large factory units (23,000 sq ft and 50,940 sq ft) within the estate and the remaining own-door units are predominantly office use ranging in size from 1,560 sqft to 10,310 sqft.
Antrim Technology Park also provides a c.3.42 acre fully serviced site along with numerous other development opportunities within the park, subject to all required permissions.
Schrader Electronics Ltd is a private limited company incorporated in Northern Ireland in 1991 whose principal activity is the development and manufacture of Remote Tyre Pressure Monitor Systems. Turnover and profit for 2019 were £390 million and £40 million respectively. Schrader Electronics Ltd is a group company of Sensata Technology Holding PLC who have over 19,000 employees in 13 countries and generated $3 billion in revenues in 2020. Their base at Antrim Technology Park is their primary manufacturing hub for the Sensata TPMS sensor, systems manufacturing and assembly.
The Park has been the location of their manufacturing facility since the mid 1990’s. The company installed the first high-volume automated lines in the year 2000 with second and third automated lines installed in 2002 and 2003 increasing plant capacity to more than 13 million units. In 2006, Antrim was the launch facility for Sensata’s Snap-In sensor product.
*Full tenancy schedule as shown in Gallery images.
The tenant may determine the lease at any time after 3rd December 2021 by serving written notice (‘Break Notice’) on the Landlord of not less than six months nor more than nine whereupon this lease shall determine on the date specified in the Break Notice (Break Date’), time being of the essence in that regard.
Full details within each individual lease, available in the dataroom.
The Technology Park comes under the remit of Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council and development is guided by The Antrim Area Plan 1984-2001 (adopted on 21 June 1989). The subject site is designated as a Technology Park within the Plan which details the following in relation to the property under ‘Industrial Locations’, section 16.5: “Some 32 hectares (80 acres) are being developed at Muckamore as Northern Ireland’s first Technology Park. A proportion of these lands will be reserved solely for amenity space in keeping with Technology Park concept.”
There is also an area within the park that is ‘white land’.
Please Note: All interested parties are required to make their own enquiries into the planning approvals / potential planning approvals of the Technology park.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »