- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- A stunning Period Georgian Residence located in Annsborough area of Castlewellan
- The original house dates back to the early 1700's and is a listed B1 property
- Modified and extended between 1810-1820 by the Murland brothers
- Refurbished in 1998 under the supervision of Historic Monuments
- Wonderful range of period features that are intact and in superb condition
- Surrounding mature gardens of approximately of one acre
- Traditional stone outbuildings to include stables, coach house and grooms quarters
- Impressive entrance vestibule leading to a grand hall with parquet flooring
- Marvellous morning room benefiting from an original black marble fireplace with the Murland family crest
- Spacious drawing room benefiting from an original Italian marble fireplace
- A further two reception rooms - a sun room accessed of the kitchen and a library
- Spacious kitchen/diner with a centre island, granite worktops and a parquet floor
- Utility room with plumbing, a preparation kitchen and a rear hall
- Downstairs bathroom with a feature free standing bath
- Upstairs bathroom and a upstairs shower room
- Six well-proportioned bedrooms - one with access to a bathroom
- Self contained servants quarters comprising a bedroom and living space
- Potential to develop the grounds - subject to planning consent
- Previously six apartments and a registered guest house - potential option for a purchaser
- Within walking distance to everything Castlewellan has to offer
Additional InformationHistory Comes Alive!
Welcome to Annsborough House, a home infused with the history of the quintessentially quaint village of Castlewellan. This fine residence is a grade B1 listed Georgian property that proudly occupies a mature one-acre site offering a private haven, whilst being within walking distance to great range of local amenities. If period features are your taste, you are in for a real treat… with original fireplaces throughout, immaculate cornicing and ceiling roses in abundance. Properties of such class and style are not built anymore, making this an opportunity not to be missed!
Entering the impressive vestibule to arrive in the grand hall where many original features can be found. There are three receptions rooms to avail of with high ceilings and parquet floors, a spacious kitchen and dining room with a centre island and granite worktops that will leads to a beautiful sun room. Completing the ground floor is a bathroom, a utility room and a preparation kitchen.
The original ornate cast iron staircase brings you to the huge landing linking no less than six well-proportioned bedrooms, a shower room and a further bathroom with a separate bath and shower. Finally to what would have been the servant’s quarters, consisting of two spacious rooms, that would have provided a bedroom and living space back the day.
The outdoor space is simply wonderful, nature is in abundance and you can enjoy watching the children play on the extensive green lawns. You are completely secluded and sheltered making it a most pleasurable place to spend time.
The traditional stone outbuildings cement the history and the current vendors have invested money to ensure they retain their original character. The Grooms Quarters, Stables, Coach House, Pig Houses and Hay lofts will provide you with plenty of options.
To arrange a viewing or for further information please contact Neil Murphy on 02890 450 550 or visit www.michael-chandler.co.uk
- Entrance Vestibule 12' 8'' x 7' 5'' (3.86m x 2.26m)
- Entrance Hall 30' 2'' x 7' 6'' (9.19m x 2.28m)
- Morning Room 20' 9'' x 15' 0'' (6.32m x 4.57m)
- Drawing Room 20' 8'' x 14' 10'' (6.29m x 4.52m)
- Library 15' 11'' x 14' 10'' (4.85m x 4.52m)
- Sun Room 17' 0'' x 9' 6'' (5.18m x 2.89m)
- Kitchen/Diner 22' 4'' x 16' 1'' (6.80m x 4.90m)
- Utility Room 14' 3'' x 12' 1'' (4.34m x 3.68m)
- Preparation Kitchen 16' 11'' x 16' 1'' (5.15m x 4.90m)
- Downstairs Bathroom 16' 1'' x 6' 11'' (4.90m x 2.11m)
- Bedroom 1 16' 0'' x 15' 1'' (4.87m x 4.59m)
- Bedroom 2 15' 11'' x 13' 0'' (4.85m x 3.96m)
- Bedroom 3 15' 1'' x 13' 1'' (4.59m x 3.98m)
- Bedroom 4 15' 2'' x 11' 6'' (4.62m x 3.50m)
- Bedroom 5 15' 1'' x 8' 11'' (4.59m x 2.72m)
- Bedroom 6 15' 10'' x 6' 9'' (4.82m x 2.06m)
- Bathroom 15' 1'' x 7' 3'' (4.59m x 2.21m)
- Shower Room 11' 2'' x 5' 6'' (3.40m x 1.68m)
- Guest Bedroom 12' 2'' x 13' 8'' (3.71m x 4.16m)
- Living/Kitchen 16' 8'' x 14' 0'' (5.08m x 4.26m)
- Grooms Quarters 21' 8'' x 15' 7'' (6.60m x 4.75m)
- The Stables 24' 5'' x 15' 8'' (7.44m x 4.77m)
- The Coach House 16' 8'' x 13' 0'' (5.08m x 3.96m)
- Workshop 33' 0'' x 14' 10'' (10.05m x 4.52m)
- The Hay Loft 24' 9'' x 16' 0'' (7.54m x 4.87m)
- The Loft Room 21' 8'' x 15' 9'' (6.60m x 4.80m)
- Michael Chandler Estate Agents have endeavoured to prepare these sales particulars as accurately and reliably as possible for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees. These particulars are given for general guidance only and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller and agents do not give any warranty in relation to the property. We would recommend that all information contained in this brochure is verified by yourself or your professional advisors. Services, fittings and equipment referred to in the sales details have not been tested and no warranty is given to their condition, nor does it confirm their inclusion in the sale. All measurements contained within this brochure are approximate.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »