- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Detached residence
- 6 bedrooms (in total)
- 4 reception rooms
- Shed/garage with wash room
- Large barn with rear yard
- Beautifully landscaped gardens
Additional InformationSubstantial detached residence set in a picturesque rural location, just 2 miles from the Village of Broughshane. This spacious family home has been lovingly modernised and renovated over the past few years, and has only just recently been finished! Hence, the property is in excellent condition and is ready for a buyer to move in and set the furniture down!
There are several reception rooms, offering any growing family the space and flexibility required. The bedrooms are well proportioned and the family bathroom is very luxurious. The unique aspect of this property is the separate living quarters, comprising two bedrooms and an open plan kitchen-dining-living room which enjoys panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and Slemish. This part if the property can be accessed from the main house (stairwell off utility area) or via its own door to the rear. Ideal for those with older children, or returning students, an older relative, or perhaps for visitors.
The exterior of this wonderful home really can only be fully appreciated by personal inspection. There are different sections to the gardens which surround the entire property. There is also the practical aspect in that it offers excellent storage as there is a spacious garage and large barn.
- PROPERTY DESCRIPTION
- The main accommodation comprises of a spacious entrance hall/sunroom, kitchen, snug, play room which is open plan to a family room with cloakroom/wc off, utility/laundry room with separate gym, and on the first floor are four very well proportioned bedrooms and a luxury bathroom.
The additional living quarters comprises of a very spacious open plan kitchen - dining - living area, two bedrooms and a shower room.
Both parts of the property have oil fired central heating, each with their own heating systems and oil tanks. They also both have a separate meter unit for the electric. There is also wifi smoke alarms.
- The property is approximately 2 miles, or a 5 minute drive, from the award winning Village of Broughshane. A range of shops, services and other amenities are available in this pleasant Village, and there is very convenient access to the M2/A26 from the Raceview Road. Situated on a private lane/drive on the Knowehead road, the site enjoys picturesque views over the surrounding countrywide including backdrop views of Slemish. It is a rural location, ideal for those who seek a home in the country, yet want to benefit from being close to Village life.
- GROUND FLOOR ACCOMMODATION
- Entrance hall / sunroom 3.59m x 3.38m (11'9" x 11'1")
- UPvc double glazed front door. Vaulted ceiling. Solid wooden floor (which runs throughout the entire ground floor).
- Kitchen 4.60m x 4.47m (15'1" x 14'8")
- Beautiful country style shaker kitchen with an excellent range of eye and low level units. Under unit lighting. Stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Integrated appliances including 'Bosch' fridge and dishwasher. Range cooker with gas hob and matching extractor hood. Wall mounted electric fire with blow heater. Solid wooden floor. Tiled splash backs.
- Snug 4.52m x 3.81m (14'10" x 12'6")
- Feature fireplace with open fire, wooden surround and tiled hearth. TV point. Solid wooden floor.
- Play room 4.37m x 4.22m (14'4" x 13'10")
- Currently used as a play room, this space could also be used as a dining area or a lounge. Fitted storage and shelves under stairs. Cupboard comprising the thermostatic values. TV point. Open plan to:
- Family room 6.51m x 3.32m (21'4" x 10'11")
- Large family room which is open plan to the play room. TV point. UPvc double glazed back door.
- Cloakroom / WC 2.39m x 0.92m (7'10" x 3'0")
- Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Tiled splash back.
- Utility / laundry room 3.92m x 3.12m (12'10" x 10'3")
- A very cleverly designed utility and laundry room with ample basket storage and worktop space. Plumbed for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer, fridge and freezer. There is also good floor space for ironing etc. Partially open plan to:
- Gym 3.92m x 2.39m (12'10" x 7'10")
- Currently set up as home gym, this space could be used as an office, or it would be ideal for someone who works from home (especially if clients were to visit, as there is easy access outside via a side door where there is also the staircase to the additional living quarters).
- FIRST FLOOR ACCOMMODATION
- Laminate wooden floor. Heating control panel.
- Bedroom 1 5.09m x 4.05m (16'8" x 13'3")
- TV point. Electric stove with blow heater. TV point. Vaulted ceiling with recessed ceiling lights. Laminate wooden floor.
- Bedroom 2 5.03m x 3.20m widest points (16'6" x 10'6" widest points)
- Laminate wooden floor. TV point.
- Bedroom 3 3.90m x 3.75m (12'10" x 12'4")
- Laminate wooden floor.
- Bedroom 4 3.91m x 2.39m (12'10" x 7'10")
- Bathroom 5.04m x 3.30m (16'6" x 10'10")
- Luxury four piece white suite. Raised 8 jet jacuzzi bath and mixer tap, positioned to enjoy views of the gardens and countryside. Low flsuh WC. Wash hand basin. Large walk in shower with rainfall shower, and also a standard shower head. Heated towel rail. Shelved hotpress. Tiled floor and tiled splash backs.
- Additional living quarters
- Positioned at the top end of the site, the additional living quarters are fully equipped and fitted out to run independently of the main residence. Whats more, as the entire site has two entrances/drive-ways, this part of the house can effectively have its own entrance which leads to a parking area and private back door directly into the open plan living-kitchen area.
- Kitchen / dining area 4.35m x 4.23m (14'3" x 13'11")
- Recently installed kitchen with good range of eye and low level units in a homely sage, with a wood effect worktop. Ceramic sink with mixer tap. Integrated fridge and freezer. Dishwasher. Casual breakfast bar. Ample space for a formal dining table. Laminate wooden floor (which runs throughout the annex). Separate 'utility' cupboard which has been plumbed for washing machine with space for tumble dryer.
- Living area 6.51m x 4.91m (21'4" x 16'1")
- Multi-fuel burning stove. Laminate wooden floor. Panoramic windows overlooking the front gardens and surrounding countryside.
- Bedroom 1 3.87m x 2.80m (12'8" x 9'2")
- Laminate wooden floor. Walk-in wardrobe with double doors. Door to hotpress with shelved storage. Recessed ceiling lights.
- Bedroom 2 3.64m x 2.56m (11'11" x 8'5")
- Laminate wooden floor. Recessed ceiling lights.
- Shower room 2.53m x 2.26m (8'4" x 7'5")
- Three piece white suite. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap. Shower enclosure with electric shower unit. Heated towel rail. Tiled floor and tiled features/splash backs.
- Ground floor hall of the additional living quarters 3.45m x 3.02m (11'4" x 9'11")
- Gallery staircase from kitchen/living area to ground floor hall. Door to utility/laundry room of main house. UPvc side door (fire exit).
- Set on a fantastic site, the grounds of this property really do set it apart from anything else on the open market. Around the entire house are beautifully landscaped gardens, with many areas enjoying elevated views of the countryside including lovely views of Slemish. The outside offers plenty of space for kids, with various areas to explore, and would also be ideal for entertaining...perhaps in one of three patio areas, or simply relaxing in the sun house overlooking the garden.
- Front patio
- Flagged patio, enclosed, with access to the main entrance (sun room).
- Front gardens
- To the front of the property there is ample parking for several cars. A gate leads to the walled gardens which has been laid in lawn, with a feature pond.
- Garden terrace & Gazebo
- Positioned to enjoy the surrounding views, this area comprises a flagged patio and wooden gazebo. An ideal space to enjoy with family and friends.
- Views from front garden
- Side gate
- Iron gate leading to parking area, laid in decorative stone.
- Back garden
- There are many aspects of the back garden, which really must be experienced first hand to fully appreciate the space on offer. There is an area currently sectioned off to house chickens, several areas laid in lawn, a flagged patio, sun house and a top garden which is at the entrance to the additional living quarters.
- Steps to top patio
- Steps with neat beds of small shrubs and decorative stone.
- Top patio area
- Flagged patio area with a few steps to a garden in lawn. Stoned path leading to the sun house.
- Views from sun house
- Sun house interior
- Gardens to additional living quarters
- There are low maintenance gardens around the to the additional living quarters. The raised beds have been landscaped with shrubs and decorative stone, and there is a small side garden in lawn.
- Additional living quarters parking
- At the main entrance there is ample parking, which can be access via its own driveway from the road. Large driveway gates provide privacy and security.
- Garage/shed 7.29m x 6.72m (23'11" x 22'1")
- Double doors to a large garage and/or store. With separate:
- Wash room 2.99m x 1.77m (9'10" x 5'10")
- Raised bath with electric shower unit. Ideal for those with pets, or those who enjoy life outdoors and would benefit from convenient washing facilities.
- Barn 18.66m x 7.12m (61'3" x 23'4")
- Substantial barn with both front and rear access. The rear access leads to a yard. Ideal space for keeping animals or storing vehicles.
- Access from the barn. Also with vehicular access to the main road.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »