- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Beautifully finished cottage style home extending to over 2700 sq ft
- Fabulous site extending to around 0.66 of an acre with views to the front of the Irish Sea
- All the reception rooms share the aspect towards the sea
- The house was designed and built around 10 years ago and is in immaculate condition both inside and out
- Cottage style design with traditional internal plastering, thick walls with tapering reveals at windows.
- Dining hall, living room, kitchen/dining and sun room
- Vaulted ceilings in hall, kitchen and sun room
- 'Stovax' cast iron multi-fuel stoves in hall and sun room. 'Stovax' cast iron open fire in living room
- Spacious modern kitchen in traditional style with combination of hand painted and solid oak finish with polished granite work surfaces and island unit.
- Oil fired Aga
- Sun room with feature 'A' frame gable window
- Utility room
- Bedroom accommodation leads of spacious rear hall
- Four bedrooms and study, master with en suite and walk in wardrobe
- Solid oak doors
- U.P.V.C framed double glazing matching sage green colour of front door
- Oil fired central heating
- Traditional cast iron type radiators
- Beam central vacuum system
- Courtyard, patio, flower garden, vegetable garden and lawns
- Double and single garage
- Spacious parking area in loose stone.
- Around 5 miles from Donaghadee and 10 miles from Bangor and Newtownards
This stunning country property combines the looks of a traditional cottage with the accommodation and finish of a modern family home and is located on a pleasant site with views over the Irish Sea and beyond to Scotland.
Built around 10 years ago, the design has cleverly achieved the cottage apearance by dividing the house into two smaller sections, the living accommodation to the front and the bedrooms off a spacious hall to the rear. The overall size is an impressive 2700 square feet.
The rooms are all a great size and the cottage character of the house is evident throughout with open brick faced chimney breasts with Stovax cast iron fires and timber mantles in three rooms, traditional textured plasterwork with tapered reveals and extra thick walls and vaulted ceilings.
It is without doubt a superb example of a traditional design of house with all the modern amenities and the accommodation is all of good proportions. The finish is immaculate and the house has been looked after so well both inside and out that we can genuinely state that it still feels like new.
The site is level and extends to around 0.66 of an acre with views over countryside to the Irish sea and beyond to Scotland on a clear day. There is an enclosed courtyard, enclosed paved patio, flower garden, vegetable garden and lawns with spacious parking areas in loose stone leading to a double and single garage.
Ganaway Road is located on the eastern shore of the Ards Peninsula just 3 miles from Ballywalter, 5 miles Donaghadee and around 10 miles from both Newtownards and Bangor
- Entrance porch:
- PVC front door, with fanlight, tiled floor
- Dining hall:
- 6.32m x 4.78m (20' 9" x 15' 8")
Open brick lined chimney breast with sleeper mantle, cast iron Stovax multi fuel burner stove, tiled hearth. Tiled floor
- With W.C. wash hand basin and tiled floor
- Drawing room:
- 6.32m x 5.18m (20' 9" x 17' 0")
Cast iron Stovax open fire in brick lined open chimney breast and solid oak flooring
- 6.3m x 6.2m (20' 8" x 20' 4")
Modern fitted kitchen in traditional style with combination of hand painted and oak finished units with cupboards, drawers, larder unit and plate rack with polished granite work surfaces and central island unit. Belfast style double sink with round sink in island, Bosch integrated dishwasher, oil fired Aga in chimney breast recess, Velux windows and double French doors to courtyard. Tiled floor. Ample space for large kitchen table
- Sun room
- 4.67m x 4.29m (15' 4" x 14' 1")
Feature 'A' framed gable window, open brick lined chimney breast with Stovax multi-fuel stove and raised tiled hearth and oak mantle, double French doors to courtyard
- Spacious rear hall:
- All bedrooms and study leading off rear hall. Tiled floor and access to floored roofspace with folding wooden ladder
- Utility room:
- 4.09m x 2.95m (13' 5" x 9' 8")
Sink unit and range of cupboards, tiled floor, plumbed for washing machine, Beam vacuum system and half door to patio
- Master bedroom
- 3.89m x 6.55m (12' 9" x 21' 6")
Dual aspect windows, large walk-in fitted wardrobe and en suite shower room
- En-suite shower room:
- 1.65m x 3.28m (5' 5" x 10' 9")
Large shower cubicle with drying area, thermostatic shower with rainfall head, traditional style towel rail radiator, basin in vanity unit, W.C. and tiled floor
- Bedroom 2:
- 3.05m x 4.7m (10' 0" x 15' 5")
- Bedroom 3:
- 3.2m x 3.48m (10' 6" x 11' 5")
- Bedroom 4:
- 3.2m x 3.48m (10' 6" x 11' 5")
- 1.83m x 2.31m (6' x 7' 7")
- 4.95m x 5.72m (16' 3" x 18' 9")
- Double garage:
- 4.95m x 5.66m (16' 3" x 18' 7")
- The site extends to around 0.66 of an acre with loose stone driveway and ample parking areas leading to detached triple garage. Gardens in lawn with trees, flower garden, vegetable garden, courtyard with access from kitchen and sun room and enclosed patio with access from utility room
Heading along the coast road from Millisle to Ballywalter, turn right into Ganaway Road
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
26th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »