8 Ballymenoch Road, Holywood BT18 0HH
5 Bed Detached house For Sale
This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Excellent detached family home occupying a convenient and private setting
- Circa 4000 sq ft of accommodation throughout
- Four reception rooms including drawing room, dining room, living room and sun room
- 'One Touch' cinema entertainment and lighting system to the drawing room
- High quality oak fitted kitchen with large range of integrated Neff and Bosch appliances
- Sun room with double sided log burning fire and concertina doors opening onto rear terrace and patio area
- Five well proportioned bedrooms on the first floor, all with expansive views over Belfast Lough and Co. Antrim Hills
- Master bedroom with ensuite shower room and dressing room
- Family bathroom with contemporary white suite including Jacuzzi bath and separate multi jet shower
- Additional study on first floor
- Self contained cottage to rear with fully fitted kitchen and 2 person sauna
- Double garage with electric doors
- Heated swimming pool, outdoor entertainment/barbecue area and bar
- Extensively landscaped gardens to front and rear with vegetable garden, fruit trees and bordered hedges
- Accessed via shared laneway with electric security gates
- Only a few minutes from Holywood's town centre and the abundance of amenities in the local area
Additional InformationOccupying a superb position in the Holywood Hills and just a few minutes from the bustle of Holywood town, this excellent family home offers a wealth of space and well-proportioned accommodation in a convenient and private setting close to an abundance of amenities in the local area. Comprising circa 4,000 sqft of immaculately finished accommodation this fine home boasts an exceptional specification, including a 'one touch' cinema entertainment and lighting system. Situated on a generous, elevated and beautifully landscaped site, breath taking views are enjoyed from every bedroom and range the length of Belfast Lough and across to the Co. Antrim Hills and beyond, affording a stunning contrast between sea and countryside. Accommodation within the property extends to four reception rooms including sunroom with concertina doors opening to enjoy the range of outdoor facilities incorporating barbeque kitchen area, entertainment area and swimming pool. Upstairs there are five bedrooms and study, including master suite with ensuite shower room and dressing room. In addition, there is a self-contained cottage to the rear, with large open plan living dining area, as well as a fully fitted kitchen and shower with sauna. The property also benefits from large double garage, wine cellar and plenty of outdoor car parking space. Holywood town holds an array of cafes, restaurants and boutique style shops whilst leading schools, Royal Belfast Golf Club and Royal North Yacht Club are just a short distance away. For those needing to commute to Belfast city centre there is a choice of road or rail and George Best City Airport is equally accessible. Accessed via a private lane shared with only two other properties and electric security gates, this is quite simply an opportunity not to be missed.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 6.27m x 3.28m (20' 7" x 10' 9")
Vaulted ceiling with pine tongue and groove panelling. Minstrel gallery over. Storage under stairs. Cloakroom with pedestal wash hand basin, low flush WC, partly tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor. Glass pane doors to:
- 7.85m x 5.94m (25' 9" x 19' 6")
Into bay. Bay window to front. Feature cassette gas, log effect fire, fully integrated media/cinema system with electronically controlled curtains, surround system, TV/DVD/Sky projector, concealed screen and mood lighting control as home cinema room. Recessed low voltage mood lighting.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.88m x 3.89m (16' 0" x 12' 9")
Parquet wood block floor, pine tongue and groove panelled ceiling, double double glazed French doors to covered verandah and rear garden. Service door to garage.
- SUPERB OAK FITTED KITCHEN/DINING/FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.57m x 3.51m (15' 0" x 11' 6")
- 4.04m x 3.43m (13' 3" x 11' 3")
1.5 tub stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, extensive range of oak high and low level cupboards with stainless steel handles, polished 'mother of pearl' black granite worktops, Neff double oven, stainless steel 'American' fridge freezer, Neff microwave, Neff steam oven, centre island with Neff 4 ring ceramic Induction hob and gas wok ring, Bosch stainless steel cooker canopy and extractor, recessed lighting, ceramic tiled floor, Neff dishwasher, Neff plate warmer, double sided Tunnel wood burning fire, laminate and tiled flooring. Open to:
- SUN ROOM:
- 4.42m x 4.04m (14' 6" x 13' 3")
Sliding bi-fold doors to Barbeque terrace, swimming pool, relaxation deck and gardens. Double sided Tunnel wood burning fire, Walnut effect flooring. Recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.51m x 2.13m (8' 3" x 7' 0")
Single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, extensive range of oak high and low level cupboards, laminate worktops, plumbed for washing machine, vented for tumble drier, chrome heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor, tiled walls, bevelled glass door (not double glazed) to rear garden.
- Hotpress with pressurised water cylinder and built in storage.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 6.1m x 3.45m (20' 0" x 11' 4")
Built in wardrobe, superb Lough views over rear garden.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising: Low flush WC, vanity unit with oval wash hand basin, ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled walls, fully tiled corner shower cubicle with Insignia multi jet thermostatic power shower with integrated radio.
- HOME OFFICE:
- 2.06m x 1.45m (6' 9" x 4' 9")
Minimum. Pine tongue and groove panelled ceiling and part panelled walls.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.33m x 3.58m (17' 6" x 11' 9")
Built in robe with sliding mirrored doors with shelving and hanging space. Vanity unit with oval wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.89m x 3.58m (12' 9" x 11' 9")
Built in wardrobe with shelving and hanging space, superb Lough views over rear garden.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.58m x 3.51m (11' 9" x 11' 6")
Built in wardrobe with sliding mirror doors, superb Lough views.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 6.17m x 3.12m (20' 3" x 10' 3")
Superb lough views, separate staircase access (suit teenager, guest or nanny) Small store or wardrobe at top of stairs.
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- Jacuzzi corner bath with mixer tap, telephone hand shower, floating feature Duravit wash hand basin, Duravit low flush WC, fully tiled walls and raised corner shower cubicle with body jets, ceramic tiled floor, electric chrome towel radiators.
- Insulated, floored, good storage.
- DOUBLE INTEGRAL GARAGE:
- 7.16m x 6.71m (23' 6" x 22' 0")
Remote control electric roller doors, light and power. Access to:
- WINE STORE:
- 5.03m x 0.99m (16' 6" x 3' 3")
- SELF CONTAINED COTTAGE:
- LIVING ROOM OR GAMES ROOM:
- 7.04m x 4.34m (23' 1" x 14' 3")
Barn style uPVC front door. Recessed lighting, light projector for 'disco' lighting, white wall for TV/Video/Sky projector, outdoor lighting. Open to:
- 3.66m x 2.82m (12' 0" x 9' 3")
Circular stainless steel sink unit, stainless steel drainer, range of high and low level cupboards, laminate worktops, Zanussi stainless steel oven, four ring ceramic hob, stainless steel cooker canopy, breakfast bar, recess for fridge freezer.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Corner shower cubicle, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail and additional 2 person timber sauna.
- Extensive, mature, landscaped gardens in lawns, flowerbeds with orchard area included, fruit trees, vegetable garden. Bordered by hedges and mature conifers. Timber relaxation deck with built in lighting. Barbecue area with refreshment house and outdoor kitchen area with integrated Belfast sink and worktop.
- HEATED SWIMMING POOL:
- 9.14m x 4.27m (30' 0" x 14' 0")
Separate oil fired heating boiler, pump and filtration units. Depth from 2'6" to 6'0"
- Garden sheds/tool store. Summer house.
- Sweeping brick pavior driveway and parking space for multiple cars, boat or caravan accessed by remote control electric entrance gates.
How much will it cost?
13th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »