- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Stunning, Four Bedroom Period Property Situated In Ballywalter
- B1 Listed With Many Original Features And Full Of Character
- Good Location Within Walking Distance To Local Amenities And Shore Front
- Country Kitchen With A Great Range Of Units And Separate Utility Room
- Three Large Reception Areas, Two With Open Fireplaces
- Private Courtyard Section With Raised Bedding Areas And Mature Shrubs And Trees
- Two Outbuildings With Power And Light
- Early Viewing Is Highly Recommended
Additional InformationSteeped in local history, this stunning building was formerly the Dunleath Arms, used as a hunting lodge/public house and still has many of its original features.
Instantly recognisable, due to its white, rough cast facade and rosemary tile roof, this property has been a landmark on the Ards Peninsula for some time.
Built around 1902, the current owners have restored the home sympathetically, retaining many of the unique features such as wood panelling, cornicing, ceiling roses and tiling.
On entering the home, you are immediately met with the beautiful, original floor tiles leading to the reception rooms.
The dining room has wood panelling and a bay window with feature leaded panels showing the Dunleath Arms crest and overlooks the front garden area.
The drawing room is simply stunning, with a large open fireplace, wood panelling, another bay window, window seats and a side door to the courtyard area and the living room benefits from another open fireplace and leads to the kitchen.
With a good range of units, feature units and a separate utility room the kitchen has a country charm to it, in keeping with the rest of the home.
The first floor has, on the one side, the master suite with balcony and ensuite and another double bedroom. the other side has two further double bedrooms and a large family bathroom with bath and shower.
The outside courtyard has a private seating section, raised bedding areas and mature shrubs and trees and leads to another area with parking for up to two cars and two outbuildings with power and light.
This unique property is B1 listed, and needs some modernisation in parts but would provide an exciting project for anyone looking for a charming, unique home in a seaside location and early viewing is highly recommended.
- Accommodation Comprises
- Entrance Hall
- Feature original door with glazed panel, picture rail, original tiled flooring.
- Drawing Room 28'0 x 13'0 (8.53m x 3.96m)
- Original wood panelling, ceiling rose, open fireplace with tiled hearth and inset with carved wooden surround and mantle, bay window with window seat, access to side yard, original tiled flooring.
- Dining Room 20'0 x 11'0 (6.10m x 3.35m)
- Bay window with feature lead work, ceiling roses and cornicing, wood panelling and original flooring.
- Living Room 16'1 x 13'0 (4.90m x 3.96m)
- Wood panelling, cornicing, ceiling rose, open fire place with slate hearth, cast iron inset with tiled section and carved wooden surround and mantle, original tiled flooring.
- Kitchen 16'0 x 14' 10 (4.88m x 4.27m 0.25m)
- Range of high and low level units with laminate work surfaces, space for large range cooker, 1 ¼ sink with built in drainer and mixer taps, built in extractor fan and hood, feature glazed and display units, built in space for microwave, recessed spot lighting, partly tiled walls, tiled flooring.
- Utility 16'10 x 7'0 (5.13m x 2.13m)
- Range of high and low level units, space for fridge freezer and tumble dryer, plumbed for washing machine, 1 ¼ sink with built in drainer and mixer taps, partly tiled walls and tiled flooring.
- First Floor
- Velux type window.
- Bedroom 1 10' x 12'10 (3.05m x 3.91m)
- Double room, vanity unit with wash hand basin, wood flooring.
- Bedroom 2 15' x 9'10 (4.57m x 3.00m)
- Double room, dual aspect views, access to roof space, wood flooring.
- Bedroom 3 20' x 12'10 (6.10m x 3.91m)
- Master room, glazed door to decked balcony, double room with beams,
En-suite 8' x 3' White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled shower cubicle with "Triton" electric shower, glazed doors, built in storage, vinyl flooring.
- Bedroom 4 13' x 11'10 (3.96m x 3.61m)
- Double room with beams, built in vanity unit with storage and wash hand basin, wood laminate flooring.
- Bathroom 13'1 x 11' (3.99m x 3.35m)
- Coloured suite comprising enclosed walk in shower with "Triton" electric shower and glazed doors, walk in hot press with storage, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, extractor fan.
- Front: Enclosed front area with bedding sections, mature shrubs and trees.
Rear: Archway to parking area for up to 2 cars, outside tap, outside light.
Outhouse 32' x 15'10: Power and light, oil fired boiler, stable door.
Workshop 14' x 12': Work shop with power and light.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »