This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- A Charming Victorian Style Detached Residence
- Conveniently Located Close to the Developing and Bustling Seaside Town Centre
- Four Reception Rooms with Oak Flooring and Period Fireplaces
- Attractive Individually Designed Kitchen with Casual Dining
- Cloakroom with WC and Separate Laundry Room
- Five Well Proportioned Bedrooms
- Striking Luxury Bathroom with White Suite Including Free Standing Bath
- Oil Fired Central Heating with Recently Installed Boiler
- UPVC Double Glazed Window Frames
- Enclosed Mature and Private Rear Garden - a Wonderland for Children
- A Range of Outbuildings and Additional Secure Parking Area
- Sailing, Golf and Tennis are just Some of the Recreational Pursuits Available
- Within Easy Commuting Distance of Belfast, yet a World Apart
Additional Information“The Old Manse” on Millisle Road is part of the historical fabric of this picturesque seaside town, dating back to the early 1900s. The charming Victorian elevation with twin single storey bay windows is entered through an impressive fluted entrance, to reveal a stunning interior sympathetically restored to it’s elegant past, combined with contemporary and tasteful presentation. The accommodation is bright and spacious, with many period features throughout the four reception and five bedrooms.
The property occupies a generous site and on entering the double gates to the side, you are transformed into another serene world of stone walled gardens and expanse of lawns, which benefit from a sunny aspect. There is also a range of outbuilding/stores.
Conveniently situated within easy walking distance of the town centre, seafront and much portrayed harbour with lighthouse, the area offers a variety of social and recreational facilities, yet remains within thirty minutes drive from Belfast. Schooling is facilitated by bus routes to all major towns in North Down and further afield.
This is a beautiful period home and one of the landmark residences in the town.
- Fluted doorcase with wooden front door and glazed fan light to:-
- ENCLOSED ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Terazzo flooring, corniced ceiling, picture rail, glazed inner door, top lights and side panels with stained and leaded glass insets to:-
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Solid oak floor, corniced ceiling, storage under stairs.
- DRAWING ROOM:18' 0" x 12' 9" (5.49m x 3.89m)
- into bay window. Original slate fireplace with tiled inset, tiled hearth and open fire, corniced ceiling and ceiling rose, picture rail, solid oak floor, open archway with pull down original feature wood panelled wall to:-
- DINING ROOM:13' 2" x 11' 6" (4.01m x 3.51m)
- at widest points. Original marble fireplace with tiled inset, tiled hearth and open fire, corniced ceiling, ceiling rose, picture rail, solid oak floor.
- LIVING ROOM:18' 8" x 13' 2" (5.69m x 4.01m)
- into bay, at widest points. Original marble fireplace with tiled inset and open fire, corniced ceiling, ceiling rose, picture rail, solid oak floor, bay window.
- Contemporary white suite comprising low flush wc, wash hand basin with mixer tap, porcelain tiled floor, part porcelain tiled walls, extractor fan.
- FAMILY ROOM:13' 0" x 10' 9" (3.96m x 3.28m)
- Porcelain tiled floor, picture rail.
- KITCHEN WITH DINING AREA:23' 8" x 11' 9" (7.21m x 3.58m)
- at widest points. Recently installed free standing kitchen units, single bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, solid oak work tops, integrated dishwasher, porcelain tiled floor.
- LAUNDRY ROOM:
- Plumbed for washing machine, vented for tumble dryer, extractor fan, porcelain tiled floor.
- Feature arched window, corniced ceiling.
- BEDROOM (5):11' 8" x 11' 8" (3.56m x 3.56m)
- Contemporary white suite comprising free standing bath with mixer tap, walk-in shower cubicle, low flush wc, wash hand basin with mixer tap on display unit, heated towel rail, porcelain tiled floor, part porcelain tiled walls, extractor fan.
- Access to roofspace, corniced ceiling.
- MASTER BEDROOM:14' 10" x 14' 0" (4.52m x 4.27m)
- at widest points. Original period fireplace, sea views to side, corniced ceiling.
- BEDROOM (2):14' 0" x 13' 9" (4.27m x 4.19m)
- at widest points. Original period fireplace, corniced ceiling.
- BEDROOM (3):13' 5" x 11' 3" (4.09m x 3.43m)
- at widest points. Original period fireplace.
- BEDROOM (4):13' 0" x 10' 11" (3.96m x 3.33m)
- at widest points.
- Stone front driveway and forecourt with parking for cars, double wooden gates to additional parking for caravans, boats or horse boxes, impressive mature fully enclosed rear and side gardens with south westerly aspect in lawns with trees, plants, shrubs, feature stone wall, barbeque terrace in loose stones, outbuildings, UPVC oil tank and boiler house with oil fired boiler.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »
(in last 3 days)
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Want to increase your views?
Why not Increase Your Views and get twice the exposure as a regular listing!Increase Your Views