- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Distinguished Period home, fully restored and sympathetically modernised, offering 5 bedrooms and 3 reception rooms
- Retaining many of the original features and an eclectic mix of period charm, character and modern home comforts
- Full refurbishment to include re-wiring, re-plumbing, a new roof, new gas fired central heating, new sash windows and a damp proof course
- Extremely desirable location in the BT9 area of South Belfast
- Within close proximity of the bustling Lisburn Road and Stranmillis village
- Close to a number of local amenities and Premeir Belfast Schools
- Benefits from excellent transport links with easy commuting to and from Belfast City Centre and the surrounding area
- Generous accommodation throughout to include;
- Reception hall / downstairs cloaks and w.c.
- Drawing room and Living room both with feature fireplaces
- Spacious and bright kitchen/dining/family area
- Bespoke German engineered 'Nobilia' kitchen with trendsetting new features
- Utility room with 'Nobilia' units to match kitchen
- Master bedroom with dressing room and ensuite shower room
- Four double bedrooms, two with ensuite shower rooms
- Feature first floor interior Atrium styled skylight
- Family bathroom suite with feature free standing bath
- Extensive floored roofspace
- Newly installed gas fired central heating
- Shared laneway accessed from Sans Souci Park, leading to private off street parking
- Superb South facing gardens with patio area
- Selection of beautiful, mature, trees and perimeter hedging offering privacy
- EPC Rating D64
Additional InformationMcQuoids are delighted to present this classically stunning, refurbished, period residence situated in a superb, location on the Malone Road. Occupying an envious corner site in a prestigious area of South Belfast, the property benefits from the excellent transport routes offered by the Malone Road, Stranmillis Road and the Lisburn Road, offering easy commuting to and from Belfast City Centre. It also benefits from a wide spectrum of first class, local amenities, including some of Belfast's most elite and premier schools.
While the Malone Area has seen the introduction of some modern developments of late, it still retains the traditional styles found within its architecture, building types and landscaping. The inclusion of substantial areas of landscaping ensure that a balance is struck between a setting of suburban townscape and the more urban aspect of the Malone Road itself.
68 Malone Road was originally constructed in 1921 and the developers have been keen to maintain a range of period features typical of a property from that era, whilst ensuring it meets the needs of modern day living. Internally, the original stained glass windows of the front porch have been retained, as have the original doors and staircase which are now complimented by new period style wood panelling and sash windows. The property has also been re-wired, re-plumbed and re-roofed, and benefits from a new gas fired central heating system, new sash windows and a damp proof course.
Extending to c.2820 sq ft, this distinguished property offers spacious and adaptable family accommodation over three floors to include a large reception hall, living room, drawing room, kitchen/dining/family area and utility room on the ground floor. The first floor comprises, Master bedroom with walk-in dressing room and en-suite, three double bedrooms, and family bathroom. The fifth bedroom is on the second floor and also benefits from an en-suite. Externally, the mature grounds have been landscaped to provide a patio area, garden space and private off street parking for up to four cars.
Early viewing is highly recommended with appointments strictly through McQuoids.
1979 Estate Agents Act Declaration: The Directors of McQuoids Estate Agents & Surveyors Ltd have an interest in the ownership of this property.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Original front door and original tiled floor. Wooden inner door with decorative glass and stained glass side panels.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Solid Oak flooring and wood panelled walls. Corniced ceiling. Original staircase to first floor landing. Single panel radiator and double panel radiator.
- W.C., pedestal wash hand basin. Wood panelled walls.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 4.22m x 5.31m (13' 10" x 17' 5")
Corniced ceiling and bay window. Open fire with Sandstone surround and Granite hearth. Double panel radiator.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 4.14m x 5.08m (13' 7" x 16' 8")
Corniced ceiling and ceiling rose. Bay window. Fireplace with gas fire, wooden surround and Granite hearth. Double panel radiator.
- KITCHEN / DINING/FAMILY HUB:
- 5.m x 7.7m (16' 5" x 25' 3")
Kitchen - Bespoke German engineered 'Nobilia' kitchen with superb selection of Laquer finish, handleless units and complimentary Quartz worktops. Sink with mixer tap. Integrated Siemens double oven and dishwasher. Matching island with innovative feature 'Elica' self extracting hob system. Recessed spotlights. Double aspect windows. Solid Oak flooring. Single panel radiator.
Family / Dining - Corniced ceiling and ceiling rose. Bay window. Solid Oak flooring. Double doors to rear. Two vertical radiators and double panel radiator.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.59m x 3.1m (8' 6" x 10' 2")
Selection of low level units to match kitchen. Sink with mixer tap. Space for American style fridge/freezer. Plumbed for washing machine. Space for tumble dryer.
- Corniced ceiling. Original stained glass window. Built in storage. Skylight. Single panel radiator.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.37m x 4.19m (14' 4" x 13' 9")
Corniced ceiling and ceiling rose. Double aspect windows. Two double panel radiators. Walk-in dressing room leading to en-suite shower room.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 3.1m x 2.26m (10' 2" x 7' 5")
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Low flush w.c., vanitory wash hand basin and tiled double shower cubicle with Tropical shower attachment. Stainless steel heated towel rail. Ceramic tiled floor and corniced ceiling.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.44m x 3.91m (14' 7" x 12' 10")
Corniced ceiling and double aspect windows. Double panel radiator.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.22m x 3.86m (13' 10" x 12' 8")
Corniced ceiling and double aspect windows. Built in storage. Double panel radiator.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.04m x 3.33m (13' 3" x 10' 11")
Corniced ceiling and double panel radiator.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Low flush w.c., pedestal wash basin and tiled shower cubicle with Tropical shower attachment. Ceramic tiled floor and double panel radiator.
- 3.43m x 3.38m (11' 3" x 11' 1")
High cistern w.c., vanitory sink unit and tiled double shower cubicle with Tropical shower attachment. De-mist mirror with Bluetooth speaker. Copper effect free standing bath with mixer tap and telephone shower attachment. Double aspect windows. Stainless steel heated towel rail. Extractor fan. Ceramic tiled floor and double panel radiator.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.04m x 3.84m (13' 3" x 12' 7")
Velux window. Access to roofspace. Double panel radiator.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Low flush w.c., wash hand basin and tiled shower cubicle. Ceramic tiled floor.
- Landscaped corner site with mature tress and off street parking for up to 4 cars. Boundary hedge and fencing. Shared laneway, accessed from Sans Souci Park.
Travelling city bound on the Malone Road no 68 is located on the right hand side of the road on the corner of San Souci Park
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »