- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Detached Period Property On Large Private Site
- Large Kitchen Diner With Rayburn Stove
- Two Good Sized, Linked Reception Rooms With Original Fireplaces
- Oil Fired Central Heating And Partially Double Glazed Windows
- Three Double Bedrooms With Split Level Landing
- Large Garden To Rear With Ample Parking And Detached Garage
- Family Bathroom With Separate WC
- Within Walking Distance To Newtownards Town Centre And Its Wide Range Of Local Amenities
Additional InformationThis stunning, period home was built circa 1910 by Lord Londonderry for his cook, and the current owner has lovingly cared for all the beautiful features this property has to offer.
The original tiles and floorboards are in great condition, original fireplaces are unique and the wide hallway and ceilings create a bright, spacious home with opportunity to modernise in certain areas.
There are two linked reception rooms, large kitchen / diner, study, covered yard and coal house on the ground floor. The first floor is split level and offers three double bedrooms, family bathroom and separate wc. Externally there is an enclosed garden to the front of the property with an area in lawn and shrubs and flowers bordering it.
The rear of the property has a parking area with garage leading to a large, sunken garden. This is accessed via an archway of trees and has been planted out thoughtfully and meticulously so that the area in lawn is surrounded by mature trees, shrubs and flowers and leads to a woodland area.
The site is completely private and peaceful and presents someone with the opportunity to modernise this historical house into a fantastic family home with great outside space, within walking distance to Newtownards Town Centre and its wide range of amenities, schools and leisure facilities.
Early viewing is highly recommended for this unique, substantial property.
- Accommodation Comprises:
- Entrance Porch 6'24 x 5'51 (2.44m x 2.82m)
- Original tiles. Glazed door to -
- Entrance Hall
- Original floorboards.
- Study 7'20 x 6'9 (2.64m x 2.06m)
- Previously used as downstairs WC with plumbing still existing.
- Living Room 19'5 x 13'9 (5.92m x 4.19m)
- Original fireplace with tiled hearth and inset, wooden surround and mantle, cornicing.
Door to -
- Dining Room 19'5 x 14'4 (5.92m x 4.37m)
- Original fireplace with tiled surround, mantle and hearth.
- Kitchen 19' x 11'8 (5.79m x 3.56m)
- Range of high and low level units, built in electric four ring hob, coal fired Rayburn Royal range cooker, single drainer one and a quarter bowl sink unit, space for fridge freezer, built in double oven, partly tiled walls and vinyl flooring.
- First Floor
- WC 6'7 x 3'5 (2.01m x 1.04m)
- Low flush wc, fully tiled walls and vinyl flooring.
- Bathroom 11' x 7'6 (3.35m x 2.29m)
- Coloured suite comprising panelled bath, tiled shower cubicle with overhead shower, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled walls, hot press and access to roofspace.
- First Floor Return
- Bedroom 1 16'3 x 14'4 (4.95m x 4.37m)
- Bedroom 2 14' x 12' (4.27m x 3.66m)
- Original floorboards.
- Bedroom 3 10'7 x 10' (3.23m x 3.05m)
- Access to roofspace.
- Front - Raised walled garden, bedding areas with a variety of shrubs and paved area. Driveway for 3-4 cars.
Rear - Steps and tree archway to area in lawn, mature trees, shrubs and flowers and woodland area.
- Garage 16'3 x 10'3 (4.95m x 3.12m)
- Up and over door.
- Covered Yard 13'1 x 12'2 (3.99m x 3.71m)
- Plumbed for washing machine.
Door to -
- Coal house 7'5 x 5'5 (2.26m x 1.65m)
- Used as a larder, space for fridge freezer.
- Stone Outhouse
- Oil fired boiler.
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
How much will it cost?
26th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »