This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Delightful Cottage Home set in the Heart of the Village of Groomsport
- Lounge with Cast Iron Fireplace / Living/Dining Room with Brick Inglenook Style Fireplace
- Modern Kitchen with Belfast Sink
- 2 First Floor Bedrooms - 1 with Wash Room and Dressing Area
- Ground Floor Bathroom with White Suite
- Oil Fired Central Heating System
- Large Garage/Workshop Suitable for a Variety of Uses Including Studio or Additonal Separate Accommodation
- Additional Detached Workshop/Generous Rear Garden
Additional InformationOriginally a fishermans' cottage, this double fronted terrace home was built circa 1830 and offers all the charm and character one would expect from a home of this era. A detached workshop/garage was added approximately ten years ago and ofers the opportunity to have a studio/office or indeed separate living accommodation. The well proportioned accommodation is over two levels comprising lounge, family/dining room, kitchen, bathroom, two bedrooms, one with washroom facilities and dressing area. Outside to the rear, there is a further stone-built workshop and a generous south facing garden of approximately a fifth of an acre. This home has been lovingly restored by the present owners and retains many original features including panelling, tiling and flooring.
Convenient to local churches, shops, restaurants and the harbour with the beach and coastal walks. The main roads to Bangor, Newtownards and Belfast are easily accessed for the commuter.
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a cottage style home within the much sought after and popular village of Groomsport. Internal inspection is a must to appreciate this delightful cottage and early viewing is highly recommended.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Original quarry stone tiles, tongue and groove panelled ceiling.
- LOUNGE:13' 10" x 13' 3" (4.22m x 4.04m)
- Slate and cast iron fireplace with tiled inset, solid maple wood flooring, tongue and groove panelled ceiling, leaded stain glass door to:-
- STUDY:7' 9" x 6' 7" (2.36m x 2.01m)
- Original quarry stone floor.
- LIVING/DINING:13' 4" x 12' 11" (4.06m x 3.94m)
- Brick Inglenook fireplace, quarry stone flooring, tongue and groove panelled ceiling, feature leaded stain glass window.
- KITCHEN:12' 0" x 7' 0" (3.66m x 2.13m)
- Inset Belfast sink, range of high and low level units, solid wood work surfaces, glass fronted display cabinets, integrated extractor hood, quarry stone flooring, tongue and groove panelled ceiling.
- White suite comprising roll top claw foot bath with mixer tap and telephone hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin, wc with high cistern, tiled floor, tongue and groove panelled walls and ceiling.
- 10' 0" x 8' 5" (3.05m x 2.57m)
- Large open landing/studio/office area(possible 3rd bedroom), wood strip flooring.
- BEDROOM (1):13' 3" x 8' 4" (4.04m x 2.54m)
- Plus recess storage area, wood strip flooring, plus:-
- ENSUITE CLOAKROOM/DRESSING AREA:
- Wash hand basin, low flush wc, wood strip flooring.
- BEDROOM (2):13' 7" x 8' 9" (4.14m x 2.67m)
- Wood strip flooring, plus recess storage area.
- GARAGE:26' 7" x 18' 0" (8.1m x 5.49m)
- Ten years old. Cavity wall construction with slate roof. Light and power. Floored attic/storage space. Ideal for home office, etc or could be used as seperate extra living accommodation, subject to necessary approvals.
- Large and private rear garden in lawns with mature trees, hedging and shrubs. Circular paved patio area. Outside wc. Plastic oil storage tank. Boiler house with new (January 2012) condensing oil fired boiler.
- WORKSHOP16' 0" x 13' 0" (4.88m x 3.96m)
- Stone built with slate tiled floor and slate roof. Floored attic/storage space. Large enough for gym or hobby space.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »
(in last 7 days)
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Want to increase your views?
Why not Increase Your Views and get twice the exposure as a regular listing!Increase Your Views