- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Magnificent Period Semi-Detached Family Residence Constructed C. 1866 Retaining Many Original Features Throughout
- Now Requiring Modernisation
- Five Generous Bedrooms
- Four Reception Rooms Plus Four Additional Attic Rooms
- Fully Fitted Kitchen And Separate Utility Room
- Bathroom, Ensuite And Downstairs Shower Room
- Double Garage And Generous Parking Facilities
- Extensive Site Set Within Walled Gardens With Lawns And Patio Area
- Popular And Convenient Location Off Main Antrim Road Close To All Local Amenities, Schooling And Belfast City Centre
Additional InformationNo. 585 Antrim Road is one of a pair of two storey semi-detached red brick dwellings also known as Fortwilliam Villas, constructed in the townland of Skegoneill in c. 1865. The Victorian dwellings were constructed on land that was formerly part of the estate of Fortwilliam House which was broken up in the mid-19th Century. Larmour states that a large number of mansions and villas were erected on the former estate in the 1860s and 1870s, although only a few now survive (Larmour). Fortwilliam Villas were designed by Robert Young (1822-1917), a local architect and civil engineer who had established his independent practice in the city in 1852 before entering into partnership with his former pupil John Mackenzie in c. 1867 to form Young & Mackenzie, which became the most successful architectural practice in Belfast by the end of the 19th Century. No. 585 Antrim Road was designed by Robert Young shortly before he entered into partnership with Mackenzie. The building was first recorded in the Annual Revisions book of 1862-66 which did not note the exact date of construction. The building was first noted in the Belfast Street Directory of 1865 suggesting a construction date of c. 1865 (DIA).
Exceptionally well located off the main Antrim Road the property enjoys a high degree of privacy within its secure walled site with generous gardens and parking facilities.
The location is ideal to take advantage of the close proximity of all local amenities within the area together with a range of excellent primary and secondary schools and Belfast city centre which is a short drive away.
The property itself, which now requires some modernisation throughout, provides extensive accommodation providing five bedrooms, four reception rooms, together with four attic rooms.
Viewing of this exceptional property is by private appointment through our South Belfast office on 028 9066 8888.
- ENCLOSED ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Mahogany storm doors, wood block floor.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Leaded vestibule door, cornice ceiling, under stairs cloaks.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising disabled shower in white suite, wash hand basin, low flush WC, fully tiled walls, panelled radiator.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.11m x 3.86m (13' 6" x 12' 8")
Double panelled radiator, picture rail, cornice ceiling.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.19m x 4.8m (23' 7" x 15' 9")
Hole in wall fireplace, raised marble hearth, 2 double panelled radiators, cornice ceiling, square bay with patio doors to garden.
- 6.32m x 4.98m (20' 9" x 16' 4")
Feature fireplace, raised hearth, double panelled radiator, cornice ceiling.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.14m x 4.01m (13' 7" x 13' 2")
Brick fireplace, wood strip floor double panelled radiator, wall light point.
- 4.83m x 4.57m (15' 10" x 15' 0")
Bowl and a half single drainer stainless steel sink unit, extensive range of high and low level units, formica worktops, built-in double oven and ceramic hob, canopy extractor fan, deep fat fryer, plumbed for dishwasher, glass dress units, half tiled walls, dining area.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.77m x 1.96m (9' 1" x 6' 5")
Single drainer stainless steel sink unit, range of low level units, plumbed for washing machine, fridge/freezer space, partly tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, panelled radiator.
- REAR LOBBY:
- Ceramic tiled floor.
- Feature leaded light windows, panelled radiator, airing cupboard, hot press/copper cylinder.
- 4.19m x 3.99m (13' 9" x 13' 1")
Double panelled radiator, vanity unit.
- 5.64m x 4.8m (18' 6" x 15' 9")
Double panelled radiator, range of built-in robes, vanity unit.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 7.24m x 4.85m (23' 9" x 15' 11")
Double panelled radiator, wall light point, PVC door to balcony.
- White suite comprising shower cubicle, shower unit, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, half tiled walls, panelled radiator.
- 3.71m x 2.29m (12' 2" x 7' 6")
Panelled radiator, pedestal wash hand basin.
- 4.19m x 2.82m (13' 9" x 9' 3")
- White suite comprising corner bath, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush WC, shower cubicle, electric shower, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, panelled radiator.
- 4.65m x 4.55m (15' 3" x 14' 11")
- 4.14m x 2.36m (13' 7" x 7' 9")
- 7.32m x 3.63m (24' 0" x 11' 11")
3 double panelled radiators.
- 5.46m x 3.76m (17' 11" x 12' 4")
Cold water tank, double panelled radiator.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- 7.95m x 3.84m (26' 1" x 12' 7")
Roller shutter door, light and power.
- 5.79m x 4.14m (19' 0" x 13' 7")
Oil fired central heating boiler.
- 6.3m x 4.7m (20' 8" x 15' 5")
- 6.83m x 4.5m (22' 5" x 14' 9")
- 3.38m x 2.18m (11' 1" x 7' 2")
- Extensive site with gardens front and rear in lawns, shrubs and flowerbeds, heavily stocked, car parking bays, patio areas, walled site.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »