- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Detached stone cottage
- Two bedrooms
- UPVC DG
- Off grid living
- Four stone sheds
- Two bedroom caravan
- Peaceful rural location
- Stunning views
Additional InformationDetached two bedroom stone cottage, stone out buildings and a two bedroom caravan set on a stunning 0.33 acre site on the Old Cushendun Road, close to Newtoncrommelin.
The cottage was originally built around 1840 and the vendors have been restoring it with a view to living "off grid" in this beautiful and peaceful setting.
The restoration is almost finished and just needs a bathroom suite installed to make it habitable. It could be a fabulous home or holiday home for those looking for something a bit different.
NO ONWARD CHAIN - CASH OFFERS ONLY
- Property description
- The accommodation in the cottage comprises hallway, lounge, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. The property is almost habitable as it still needs the bathroom suite to be installed. Central heating by way of a multi-fuel stove, water piped from nearby flooded mine, electricity from solar panels and diesel generator and waste managed by a septic tank. UPVC double glazing and aluminium guttering. Four stone outbuilding and two bedroom caravan which vendors had been living in whilst doing the renovations and refurbishment. Circa 0.33 acre site with gardens mostly to the front.
- Hardwood front door and tiled floor.
- Lounge 4.35m x 3.7m (14'3" x 12'2")
- Double aspect living room with tiled inset and brick fireplace with over mantle and multi-fuel stove which heats the water and radiators. Slate tiled floor.
- Kitchen 3.35m x 2.85m (11'0" x 9'4")
- Good range of floor and eye level kitchen units with one and half bowl stainless steel sink, drainer and mixer tap. Space for cooker and fridge / freezer and plumbed for washing machine. Slate tiled floor and tiled walls. Hotpress. Hardwood and glazed rear door.
- Bathroom 2.1m x 1.75m (6'11" x 5'9")
- Slate tiled floor and tiled walls. Plumbed for WC, wash hand basin and bath.
- Bedroom 1 4.25m x 2.9m (13'11" x 9'6")
- Double aspect bedroom with brick fireplace and laminate strip wood flooring.
- Bedroom 2 4.35m x 2.8m (14'3" x 9'2")
- Double aspect bedroom with laminate strip wood flooring.
- Stone outbuildings
- Four stone outbuildings, one housing the diesel generator.
- Two bedroom caravan
- Stoned driveway to parking area at front of cottage. Front garden in lawn with vegetable patches, raised planters, poly tunnel and mature trees. Built into the hill at the rear. Stunning views over surrounding countryside to front and rear.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
*Note: Dataset is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here. The data has been cleansed to remove anomalies and statistical analysis undertaken by PropertyPal to comprise a backdated time series to 2005.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »