- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Magnificent unique Colonial-Revival style detached home built in 1925 by Blackwood & Jury and superbly positioned in the exclusive and much sought after Broomhill Park
- Set on a generous, private South facing and mature corner site between the Malone and Stranmillis Roads
- Impressive and graciously appointed accommodation extending to approximately 3800 sq. ft. and retaining a host of beautiful period features
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 3 receptions
- Unique Colonial columns accenting the front entrance
- Spacious reception hall with imposing carved wooden staircase and solid wood flooring
- Three elegant reception rooms, two with open fires and views to the rear gardens
- Bespoke fitted kitchen with Brazilian granite island, stainless steel worktops and dining area
- Study, cloakroom and utility rooms
- Five first floor bedrooms, three with ensuite Marble bathrooms, the master with a dressing room, plus a family shower room
- Original refurbished sash windows/Oil fired central heating
- Detached garage, glazed summer house and potting shed
- Beautifully manicured lawns and surrounding gardens with an abundance of mature colourful plants and trees and enjoying privacy, seclusion and all day sunshine
- Rates: £3160.40
- EPC: F32
Additional InformationMcQuoids are delighted to present to the market 5 Broomhill Park, a magnificent, Colonial-Revival style detached residence, designed in 1925 by Blackwood and Jury. The property occupies a mature and extremely generous South facing corner site in the prestigious Broomhill Park which is characterised by mature trees and distinctive cobbled gullies. The original residents were among Belfast's wealthiest citizens at the time.
This millionaire's home stands proudly within private sprawling gardens and is a fine example of Colonial Revival architecture. The origins of this style date back to 1876 when America celebrated its centennial, which inspired many Americans to wistfully and romantically look back to the colonial period for design inspiration. During this decadent era the revival movement gained nationwide momentum at the turn of the century when traditional yet modern homes became the ultimate des res for the rich and famous.
The imposing wide façade is beautifully ornate with a symmetrical central bay and art-deco influenced door with rounded steps down into the gardens. The refurbished original sash windows are adorned with pretty pale blue shutters and the distinctive red roof tiles bring the glamour to this fairy-tale home. The generous accommodation is everything a growing or established family will have dreamed of.
The property exudes character and is bursting with period features. It has been sympathetically modernised over the years to provide a home that couldn't fail to impress. It benefits from a very private, spacious and enviable location between the Malone Road and Stranmillis Road where a great range of schools, restaurants and shops can found within the vicinity. This is an exquisite family home with a host of benefits which are sure to meet the demands of the most discerning purchaser.
Downstairs comprises a welcoming and impressive reception hall with a carved L-shaped staircase winding to a charming semi-circular galleried landing. A grand and stylish drawing room with dual aspect windows a feature fireplace and a door to the side garden. An airy sitting room with open fire and bay window with access to the rear gardens. A modern fitted kitchen with a matching island unit and a formal dining room with utility rooms adjacent.
The striking first floor landing with triple aspect bay windows leads seamlessly to the master bedroom suite benefitting from a walk in dressing room and ensuite bathroom. A further double bedroom with modern ensuite bathroom tiled in Carrera Marble. And additional two double bedrooms and a family shower room tiled in Italian Marble. Plus, an additional guest suite with its own bathroom and separate loo.
The South facing gardens are mature offering colour across the seasons with a wealth of purple, whites and pinks, and an ambling wisteria adding vibrant leafy foliage. Blooming rhododendrons and a variety of specimen trees including a magnificent Japanese maple, create this breath taking and rambling rear south facing garden.
It is simply an absolute delight, with the spacious level lawn which children will put to good use. The adults can spectate, whilst enjoying the privacy and space to lounge, sunbathe and relax. The large paved patio area is ideal for some al fresco dining and entertaining. If serenity is required the glazed summer house provides a welcome place to retreat for a quiet read or afternoon snooze, an ideal venue to work from home. The front offers ample off-street parking leading to the detached garage, with an art-deco inspired folding door. The mature hedging and trees bordering the property, provides excellent privacy.
Viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only.
- RECEPTION ENTRANCE HALL:
- 5.m x 4.55m (16' 5" x 14' 11")
Solid wood front door to reception entrance hall. Solid wood floor. Under stairs store cupboard. Staircase to gallery landing.
- 3.01m x 1.68m (9' 10" x 5' 6")
Access to the cloakroom is via a small hall with hanging space for coats and a housemaid's cupboard. Traditional white suite comprising wash hand basin and a W.C. Solid wood flooring. Cupboard housing the oil fired boiler..
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.05m x 5.43m (19' 10" x 17' 10")
Stained wood flooring. Rear and side aspects, with access to the garden via a traditional glazed door. Open fire with a sandstone surround, cast iron inset and a granite hearth.
- 3.08m x 2.56m (10' 1" x 8' 5")
Floor to ceiling book shelving.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 4.56m x 4.52m (14' 12" x 14' 10")
Solid wood flooring. Open fire with a brick surround and hearth. Large bay window with glazed door out to the gardens.
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.m x 3.08m (19' 8" x 10' 1")
Range of painted floor to ceiling wood store cupboards. Plumbing for an Aga. Currently used as a gym.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- 3.56m x 3.16m (11' 8" x 10' 4")
Terracotta tiled floor. Comprising pantry, WC and a laundry room. Side door.
- MODERN FITTED KITCHEN WITH DINING AREA:
- 6.08m x 5.45m (19' 11" x 17' 11")
Bespoke modern fitted kitchen with a range of fitted units including a matching island unit, with Brazilian granite and stainless steel worktops. Large stainless steel sink with mixer tap. Solid wood flooring.
- RECEPTION LANDING:
- 6.82m x 4.53m (22' 4" x 14' 10")
Spacious landing area incorporating the bay window to the front.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 5.7m x 5.4m (18' 8" x 17' 9")
Rear and side aspects. Feature fireplace with a rounded brick surround. Built in robe and cupboard.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- Range of fitted wardrobes.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 2.6m x 1.7m (8' 6" x 5' 7")
White suite comprising vanity wash hand basin with mixer tap, W.C., cast iron bath with telephone hand shower and overhead Triton electric shower. Marble tiled floor and at splashback. Chrome heated towel rail.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.1m x 3.08m (20' 0" x 10' 1")
Front aspect. Feature fireplace with rounded brick surround. Hanging and shelving space.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.06m x 1.65m (6' 9" x 5' 5")
White modern suite comprising vanity wash hand basin with mixer tap, low flush W.C., and a glazed shower cubicle with a waterfall and hand held shower. Marble tiled floor, splashback and shower. Chrome heated towel rail.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.54m x 4.54m (14' 11" x 14' 11")
Rear aspect incorporating the bay window. White wash hand basin with mixer tap. Fitted wardrobe with cupboard over.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 5.6m x 2.36m (18' 4" x 7' 9")
Rear aspect. Fitted wardrobe with cupboard over. Wooden floor.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.67m x 2.15m (8' 9" x 7' 1")
White suite comprising vanity wash hand basin with mixer tap, W.C, and glazed shower with a rainfall shower and a hand held shower. Marble tiled floor, splashback and shower. Wood panelled walls.
- BEDROOM SUITE (5):
- 5.44m x 3.21m (17' 10" x 10' 6")
Side and rear aspect. Wood floorboards.
- White W.C.
- 3.29m x 2.05m (10' 10" x 6' 9")
Traditional white suite comprising cast iron bath with overhead Triton electric shower and wash hand basin. Chrome heated towel rail. Hotpress with unvented pressurised water cylinder.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- 5.6m x 3.4m (18' 4" x 11' 2")
- Pebbled driveway with ample parking facilities leading to a detached garage. Beautiful manicured gardens with a host of mature planting. Good sized lawns and patio areas to enjoy the south facing enclosed rear gardens.
Coming out of town on the Malone Road turn left onto the Stranmillis Road, then right at the traffic lights into Broomhill Park and number 5 is on the right hand side.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
15th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »