49 Myra Road, Walshestown , Strangford BT30 7JX
6 Bed Detached house For Sale
This agent has listed the accuracy as: Exactly Right
- Modern country home in a stunning setting
- Panoramic views over Strangford Lough and its islands towards Killyleagh and Delamont Country Park
- One of the area’s most beautiful country lanes adjacent to Myra Castle and regularly used as a film location
- Impressive reception hall with antique marble fireplace and high ceiling
- Drawing Room with large windows enjoying panoramic views and antique marble fireplace surround
- Well proportioned dining room with serving hatch from kitchen
- Well fitted country kitchen with island unit and open plan to casual dining area and family room with multi fuel stove
- Separate utility room, study, cloakroom and guests washroom
- Master suite with bedroom, dressing room and large ensuite bathroom
- Five further bedrooms (two with ensuite shower rooms) and a family bathroom
- Oil fired under floor heating, mahogany double glazed window frames
- Large double garage and ample parking for a boat or horse box etc.
- Grounds extending to approximately one acre in lawns, patio, trees etc.
- A few minutes from the National Trust estate of Castle Ward with excellent walking and cycling paths etc.
- Close to Strangford Sailing Club approximately 10 minutes from Ardglass and Downpatrick golf clubs
- Approximately 5 minutes from Strangford village with its restaurants, shops, primary school etc. and 10 minutes from Downpatrick
- Within commuting distance of Belfast and other areas
Built in the 1990s this impressive home occupies a magnificent site with breath taking views in one of County Downs most sought after locations. Myra Road has been described as one of the most beautiful country lanes in the area. Turning off the Downpatrick to Strangford Road it takes you through mature trees and past the entrance to Myra Castle towards the shores of Strangford Lough. It is here that St Patrick is believed to have first set foot on Ireland. This unique property has been designed to take full advantage of the views. The main rooms all look over Strangford Lough and its islands towards Killyleagh. The sunsets here are truly amazing! The heart of the home is the spacious country style kitchen which is open plan to a casual dining area and family room. From the impressive reception hall a couple of steps lead down to the drawing room with its picture windows and attractive fireplace. The adjoining dining room also looks out over the lough and is a great room for entertaining. On the lower level you will find a superb master suite and five other bedrooms one of which is currently used as a dressing room. In total there are three ensuites as well as a family bathroom and a guest cloakroom. The beautiful Castle Ward Estate is just around the corner as is Strangford Sailing Club, making this a excellent choice of home for those who enjoy the great outdoors. The picturesque coastal village of Strangford with its restaurants, pubs, shops and ferry to Portaferry is a five minute drive away. Downpatrick is less than 10 minutes in the other direction and is home to some excellent schooling, larger shops a cinema, arts centre and hospital. This magnificent home combined with its idyllic location offer and enviable lifestyle. Viewing is strongly recommended.
Mahogany entrance door
Reception Hall – 17’0” x 16’6”
Impressive antique marble fireplace with slate hearth and open fire, tiled floor, vaulted pine ceiling with double glazed skylight, arched recess with spot lighting.
Drawing Room – 18’0” x 17’10”
Glazed double doors and two steps down from hall. Large windows with panoramic views over Strangford Lough, antique marble fireplace surround with cast iron inset, polished granite hearth and open fire, high ceiling with cornicing, spot lights and wall light point.
Dining Room – 15’6” x 13’8”
Panoramic lough views, oak flooring, cornicing, glass panels to hallway and serving hatch from kitchen with leaded stained glass.
Study – 10’4” x 8’0”
Built in cupboards and shelving
Pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Wall and floor tiling.
Family Room – 15’0” x 14’6”
Exposed brick wall and chimney breast with multi fuel stove and stone hearth, quarry tiled floor, painted tongue and groove ceiling with recessed spot lights and sliding patio doors to outside. Open plan to –
Kitchen with casual dining area – 24’0” x 19’0”
Panoramic lough views, good range of limed oak high and low level fitted units with polished granite work surfaces and large island unit incorporating a traditional butchers block. Single drainer twin sink with mixer tap. Space for range style cooker with exposed brick chimney breast and extractor fan. Integrated dishwasher and housing for American style fridge/freezer. Quarry tiled floor and wall tiling, painted tongue and groove ceiling with spot lights. Casual dining area with sliding patio doors to patio and gardens.
Utility Room – 12’0” x 6’8”
Belfast sink, built in cupboards, plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer. Quarry tiled floor and door to outside.
Lower Hallway leading from Reception Hall
Tiled floor, cornicing and wall light points
Cloakroom – 8’0” x 7’2”
Tiled floor and built in storage cupboards
Master Suite -
Bedroom with sitting area – 22’4” x 11’6”
panoramic lough views. Two steps up to -
Dressing Room – 13’6” x 8’10”
Excellent range of built in wardrobes with cupboards above
Ensuite bathroom -
Contemporary white suite with chrome fittings comprising free standing bath on wooden base with mixer tap and hand shower, shower enclosure with fixed head and hand showers, vanity unit and low flush toilet. Wall and floor tiling and recessed spot lights.
Bedroom 2 – 13’6” x 10’2”
Panoramic lough views, laminate wood effect flooring
Ensuite Shower Room -
White suite with chrome fittings comprising corner shower enclosure, corner wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Wall and floor tiling.
Bedroom 3 – 13’6” x 10’6”
Panoramic lough views, laminate wood effect flooring and access to roofspace
Bedroom 4 – 13’6” x 7’9”
laminate wood effect flooring
Ensuite Shower Room -
White suite with chrome fittings comprising shower enclosure with Mira electric shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Wall and floor tiling and wall light points.
Bedroom 5 (currently used as dressing room) – 13’6” x 8’4”
Bedroom 6 – 11’4” x 7’8”
Wooden parquet flooring
white suite with chrome fittings comprising panelled corner bath with mixer tap and hand shower and vanity unit. Wall and floor tiling and wall light point.
Separate Toilet -
White suite comprising low flush toilet and vanity unit. Tiled floor
Tarmac driveway with pebble border leading to ample parking with space for boat or horse box
Double Detached Garage
Twin doors, light and power and oil fired boiler
Gardens in lawns bordered by ranch fencing and estate railings. Ornamental trees and shrubs.
Leave Downpatrick on the Strangford Road. After approximately 6 miles pass the crossroads saying Raholp to the right. Continue to the second entrance into Myra Road on left. Drive through the beech trees and past the entrance to Myra Castle. Number 49 is on the left hand side.
How much will it cost?
21st Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »