This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Substantial Detached Residence
- Spacious Reception Hall/Dining Hall With Feature Staircase And Gallery Landing
- Drawing Room With Feature Fireplace
- Family Room With Fireplace and Multi Fuel Burning Stove
- Generous Kitchen With Mark Wilkinson Hand Painted Units And Dining Area
- Sun Room With Double Doors To Rear Garden
- Master Bedroom Suite Including Walk In Dressing Room And En-Suite Shower Room
- Three Further Double Bedrooms (One with Ensuite)
- Large Utility Room
- Family Bathroom With B.C. Sanitan Suite
- Cloakroom With WC And Additional Ground Floor Wetroom
- Office/Additional Ground Floor Bedroom
- Extensive Grounds Extending To Circa 1 Acre
- Garden In Lawn With Paved Patio
- Sweeping Driveway And Car Parking Area
- 'Refurbished' Cast Iron Radiators Throughout Ground Floor
- Dual Oil Fired Heating System With Underfloor Heating Throughout Ground Floor including Ensuites and Bathrooms on First Floor
- Sliding Sash Wooden 'Marvin' Double Glazed Windows (aluminium clad on the outside)
- Superb Rural Setting With Aspect Over Open Countryside
- Excellent Location Convenient To The A1, Hillsborough, Dromore, Belfast And Lisburn
- Planning Permission Previously Granted For Two Storey Detached Double Garage And Games Room (now expired)
- Exceptional Views Over Lagan Valley To Belfast, Cavehill, Lough Neagh And Sperrin Mountains
Additional InformationThis magnificent detached property occupies an exceptional elevated site, which benefits from unsurpassed views down the Lagan Valley panning from Belfast to Lough Neagh and the Sperrin Mountains.
The property was constructed by the current owners to the most exacting standards with careful consideration given to the layout, proportions of each room and finish throughout. The generous accommodation can only fully be appreciated on internal inspection.
The high quality of finish is evident in the architectural detailing externally also, with stone details accenting the traditional rural rough cast render finish. The hardwood 'Marvin' windows with external aluminium cladding further compliment this along with the ornate portico and columns and Bangor Blue slate roof.
This fine home is surrounded by circa 1 acre of landscaped grounds with mature trees and boundary hedges and fencing. The tree lined driveway adds to the sense of arrival on approach.
Internally the accommodation includes five reception rooms in addition to a very generous dining kitchen with 'Mark Wilkinson' hand painted fitted units. All the principle reception rooms are accessed off the spacious and impressive reception hall/dining hall with feature staircase leading to the sleeping accommodation and gallery landing.
- Portico with ornate columns leading to hard wood front door, glazed fan light and matching side lights.
- ENCLOSED ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Tiled floor, door with glazed panel and side lights leading to
- GRACIOUS RECEPTION/DINING HALL:
- 7.14m x 4.62m (23' 5" x 15' 2")
Feature Chesney fireplace with stone surround, cast iron inset and slate hearth, gas fire inset, tiled floor, cornice ceiling, solid Oak stairs to first floor and gallery landing
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.97m x 5.36m (19' 7" x 17' 7")
at widest points Ornate stone Country Manor chimney piece in punch faced sandstone fire surround with dog grate, cornice ceiling.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.34m x 4.24m (14' 3" x 13' 11")
Reclaimed brick fireplace with raised hearth, railway sleeper mantle, multi fuel burning stove inset. Solid Oak flooring, cornice ceiling.
- 4.47m x 2.77m (14' 8" x 9' 1")
Solid Oak flooring, wired for wall mounted television.
- DINING KITCHEN:
- 9.5m x 5.49m (31' 2" x 18' 0")
at widest points Stunning hand painted Mark Wilkinson Kitchen with range of high and low level units, granite work surfaces, twin Belfast sink units with mixer taps. AGA with pewter finish with electric module incorporating electric oven and gas hob, stainless steel vegetable prep sink with mixer tap. Island unit with breakfast bar, matching granite work surfaces and integrated butchers block. Pantry store cupboard, integrated fridge/freezer, dresser unit with glazed display cabinet, integrated dishwasher, tiled floor, tiled splash backs, recessed low voltage spotlights. Glazed double doors to
- SUN ROOM:
- 4.47m x 3.78m (14' 8" x 12' 5")
Feature vaulted ceiling with exposed bespoke Oak roof trusses, exposed stone wall detailing, tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlights, tiled floor, double patio doors to sun terrace and gardens.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Tiled floor. Hardwood stable door to rear garden.
- White B.C. Sanitan suite comprising low flush WC, wash hand basin, tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 4.52m x 2.46m (14' 10" x 8' 1")
At widest points Range of high and low level fitted units, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, granite effect work surfaces. plumbed for washing machine, vented for tumble dryer, granite upstand splash back, tiled floor, plumbed for American style fridge/freezer, integrated microwave oven.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Tiled floor. Door to side and car parking area.
- 4.52m x 2.92m (14' 10" x 9' 7")
Range of built in Walnut effect storage units and shelving with desk, tiled floor.
- WET ROOM:
- Walk in shower cubicle, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, tiled walls, recessed low voltage spotlights, stainless steel towel radiator.
- GALLERY LANDING (WITH SEATING AREA):
- Walk in hotpress with pressurised water tank and linen shelving. Access to roofspace.
- MASTER BEDROOM SUITE:
- 4.85m x 4.52m (15' 11" x 14' 10")
- DRESSING ROOM:
- Walk in dressing room with bespoke fitted wardrobes, recessed low voltage spotlights
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Traditional white suite with Villeroy and Boch sanitaryware comprising walk in shower cubicle with drencher head and telephone hand shower, low flush WC, hand painted bespoke mirrored dresser unit with marble top and twin wash hand basins, recessed low voltage spotlights, tiled floor, stainless steel towel radiator, under floor heating.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.5m x 4.34m (14' 9" x 14' 3")
Solid Oak flooring.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Modern white Villeroy and Boch suite comprising enclosed shower cubicle, low flush WC, wash hand basin on raised tiled plinth with hidden wall mounted taps, tiled floors, tiled walls, recessed low voltage spotlights, stainless steel towel radiator, under floor heating.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.6m x 4.44m (15' 1" x 14' 7")
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.6m x 3.76m (15' 1" x 12' 4")
- Generous grounds extending to circa 1 acre in lawns with mature trees and fences. Approaching by a tree lined driveway. Beautiful elevated setting benefiting from breathtaking views over Belfast, Lisburn, Lough Neagh to the Sperrin Mountains and Cavehill. Sheltered sun terrace with natural stone paved patio area. Fully planning permission granted for the construction of a two storey detached double garage with rooms above.
Travelling from A1 carriageway turn into the Ballygowan Road at 'Graham Construction' offices. Continue along Ballygowan Road and turn right into Ballyknock Road, travel past Hardy Hill Garden Centre and No. 49 is approximately 1/2 mile further on left hand side.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »