- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Most Attractive Detached Residence Designed in 1925 by Godfrey Ferguson & Set in Grounds of Circa 0.75 of an Acre
- Impressive Drawing Room with Bay Window Overlooking Gardens, Double Doors to Entertaining Size Dining Room
- Sitting Room with Woodblock Flooring, Door to Patio Sitting Area
- Kitchen Open Plan to Breakfast Room, Separate Utility Room & Pantry
- Master Bedroom with Ensuite Shower Room
- 4 Further Bedrooms & Family Bathroom Plus Shower Room
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Detached Double Garage with Basement Storage & Carport
- Magnificent Gardens to Front & Extensive South Facing to to the Rear Laid in Lawns with a Variety of Trees & Shrubs
- The Property now Requires Modernisation & Refurbishment
Additional InformationThis most attractive detached residence was designed in 1925 as an Elizabethan inspired Arts and Crafts style house. The property has twin entrance gates and is set in magnificent gardens of around 0.75 of an acre that benefits from a southerly orientation.
Internally the accommodation is well proportioned, complemented by the many fine architectural features synonymous with a home built in this era including bay windows, corbels, high cornice ceilings, decorative ceiling roses and magnificent mahogany staircase.
Whilst the mature setting enjoys considerable privacy and seclusion the location could not be more convenient for access to the city centre, Lisburn Road, main arterial transport routes, leading schools and academic institutions, shops, parks and golf clubs.
- Double hardwood front doors to . . .
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Terrazzo floor. Hardwood door with glazing to . . .
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Wooden floor, panelled walls, window seat, storage cupboard.
- Wash hand basin, feature leaded glass window.
- Low flush wc, leaded glass window.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.53m x 6.45m (21' 5" x 21' 2")
(into bay). Mahogany fireplace with marble inset and hearth, gas coal effect fire, cornice ceiling, picture rail, bay window, doors with glazing to side. Doors with glazing to . . .
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.66m x 4.06m (18' 7" x 13' 4")
(at widest points). Cornice ceiling, picture rail, bay window.
- Double doors with glazing to . . .
- SITTING ROOM:
- 5.54m x 4.57m (18' 2" x 15' 0")
Wooden floor, cornice ceiling, picture rail, marble fireplace with gas coal effect fire, double doors with glazing to paved patio sitting area.
- FITTED KITCHEN:
- 4.34m x 3.94m (14' 3" x 12' 11")
Range of high and low level units, work surfaces, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, Aga cooker, integrated hob, integrated oven, space for fridge, part tiled walls, tongue and groove ceiling. Open plan to . . .
- BREAKFAST ROOM:
- 4.06m x 2.74m (13' 4" x 9' 7")
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 4.14m x 3.76m (13' 7" x 12' 4")
Range of units, work surface, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, oil fired boiler, part tiled walls, hardwood door to rear.
- Extensive storage cupboards.
- Picture rail, shelved cupboard, feature leaded glass window.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 6.63m x 4.93m (21' 9" x 16' 2")
Extensive range of built-in robes and storage, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 4.78m x 4.11m (15' 8" x 13' 6")
Bathroom suite comprising low flush wc, bidet, fully tiled shower cubicle, sunken bath with surrounding tiles, vanity unit with wash hand basin, extensive range of built-in robes.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.56m x 4.5m (18' 3" x 14' 9")
(at widest points). Picture rail, wash hand basin, built-in robes.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.75m x 3.81m (15' 7" x 12' 6")
Attractive mahogany fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, wash hand basin, picture rail.
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, bath with surrounding tiling, part tiled walls, cupboard, leaded glass window.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 6.02m x 4.98m (19' 9" x 16' 4")
Picture rail, vanity unit housing wash hand basin, built-in robes with mirrored doors.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 5.54m x 5.23m (18' 2" x 17' 2")
Painted cast iron fireplace.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising low flush wc, shower with uPVC sheeting.
- Stunning mature landscaped front gardens with sunken lawns with beds in shrubs and bushes, mature hedging and trees. Twin entrance gates to large driveway parking and turning area for several cars.
- DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 7.14m x 4.42m (23' 5" x 14' 6")
(external measurements). Up and over door. Basement storage below garage.
- Fabulous south facing and super sized rear gardens in lawns with mature hedging and trees for excellent screening and privacy. Sunken beds in shrubs and bushes and crazy paved paths.
Right hand side off Malone Road before the junction at the top of Balmoral Avenue.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
12th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »