- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Charming Detached Period Home
- Extensively Refurbished and Extended Over Recent Years
- Finished to an Exceptional Specification and Beautiful Presentation
- Lounge with Cornice Ceiling and Period Style Fireplace with Gas Fire
- Ground Floor Home Office/Family Room
- Ground Floor WC
- Hand Painted Style Kitchen Open to Dining and Living Space
- Separate Matching Utility Room
- French Doors from Living Space to Patio and Garden
- Four well Proportioned First Floor Bedrooms, One with En Suite Contemporary Shower Room
- Luxurious Family Bathroom
- Parking to Front and Enclosed Parking Behind Double Gates
- uPVC Double Glazing
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Mature Enclosed Garden with Southerly Aspect, Laid in Lawns, Ideal for Outdoor Entertaining or Children at Play
- Enclosed Exposed Blue Stone Courtyard
- Sought After Convenient Location
- Within the Catchment Area to a Range of Local Schools
- Walking Distance of Holywood's High Street
- Direct Access to Main Arterial Routes for City Commuting
Additional InformationThis charming detached period family home occupies a secluded position close to Sullivan Upper Grammar School just off Belfast Road, Holywood. The location offers direct access for the commuter to the main arterial routes while the city centre is within ten minutes' drive and George Best City Airport within five minutes. Holywood's bustling town is within a short stroll and all Holywood's amenities and a range of pre-school primary and grammar schools lie within the catchment area. This unique home has undergone extensive refurbishment and renovation over recent years. The property has been extensively extended, re-wired, re-plumbed and re-roofed. The result created is a most comfortable living environment with period detail and cornice ceilings.
Of particular note is the fitted hand painted style kitchen, with range of integrated appliances, open to dining and living space with French doors to the patio and garden, and a spacious lounge, with period style fireplace, overlooking the gardens. The attention to detail and high quality fixtures and fittings are evident throughout the property.Four well proportioned bedrooms to the first floor, one with luxurious en suite shower room, family bathroom and ground floor WC. There is also a separate utility room and office to the ground floor. The enclosed garden enjoys a south facing aspect and great maturity.
Rarely do properties of this nature present themselves to the open market. We therefore recommend your earliest inspection.
- Front door with etched glazed inset, glazed top light.
- SPACIOUS RECEPTION HALL:
- Cornice ceiling,wood panelling walls and ceramic tiled floor.
- 4.78m x 3.58m (15' 8" x 11' 9")
Oak wooden flooring, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, period style painted fireplace surround, cast iron and polished inset, tiled hearth, gas fire, mature outlook to garden.
- HOME OFFICE/GROUND FLOOR BEDROOM
- 3.48m x 2.01m (11' 5" x 6' 7")
- GROUND FLOOR WC:
- Victorian period style white suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, chrome mixer taps, floor to ceiling, tiled splashback with inset glazed mosaic detail, ceramic tiled floor, extractor fan.
- KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING SPACE:
- 9.75m x 3.12m (32' 0" x 10' 3")
Hand painted style kitchen with pewter fittings, laminate work surface, single drainer sink and a half stainless steel sink unit with chrome mixer taps, built-in wine rack, concealed down lighting, integrated larder fridge, integrated dishwasher, range style cooker with five ring gas hob, electric warming plate, electric ovens below, fixed canopy extractor hood with tiled recess and inset tiling detail, mantel above, ceramic tiled floor, island unit with additional cabinetry, ceramic tiled floor throughout with inset tiling detail, open to living and dining space with uPVC double glazed French doors to patio and garden, feature double glazed stained glass window, outlook from kitchen to courtyard with exposed blue stone wall, access to utility room.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.49m x 2.24m (8' 2" x 7' 4")
Matching range of high and low level hand painted style units, pewter fittings, laminate work surface, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, chrome mixer taps, plumbed for washing machine, space for dryer, space for freezer, concealed gas fired boiler, ceramic tiled floor.
- FIRST FLOOR LANDING:
- Cornice ceiling and corbels, ceiling rose x two, spacious landing with access to roofspace via folding timber ladder.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.75m x 3.66m (15' 7" x 12' 0")
Mature outlook to front.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.56m x 3.12m (11' 8" x 10' 3")
Mature outlook to front, vaulted ceiling with exposed beam, recessed spotlighting.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Modern white suite comprising: low flush WC, circular ceramic basin, chrome mixer taps on timber stand, walk-in glazed shower enclosure, fully tiled, with chrome thermostatically controlled shower unit, ceramic tiled floor, part tiled walls, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.15m x 3.61m (10' 4" x 11' 10")
- BEDROOM (4):
- 2.46m x 3.61m (8' 1" x 11' 10")
- Period style white suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback and inset tiling detail, period style heated towel rail, free standing cast iron ball claw foot bath, built-in fully tiled shower cubicle, built-in chrome thermostatically controlled shower unit, part tiled walls with border detail, ceramic tiled floor, semi vaulted ceiling, recessed spotlighting, extractor fan, Velux window.
- Floored for storage, electric light, suitable for conversion subject to usual planning permissions.
- Allocated parking space to front of property, double gates to rear of property where vehicles can also be parked, gardens laid in lawns, paved patio areas, barked flowerbeds, southerly aspect, mature tree, bounded by gates and mature hedging, outdoor light, enclosed courtyard with exposed blue stone wall, outdoor light and water tap, access door for refuse bins.
Travelling from the Maypole in Holywood along the High Street, in the direction of Belfast, continue out past Sullivan Upper School. Number 31 is located on the right hand side just before Sullivan Upper School.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »