- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Stunning Gentleman's Residence On Circa 0.7 Of An Acre
- Fantastic Location Within Walking Distance Of Newtownards Town Centre
- Period Property Retaining Many Original Features Such As Sash Windows And Cornicing
- Landscaped Gardens With Mature Trees And Well Established Shrubs And Plants
- Five Well Proportioned Bedrooms, Master With Dual Aspect Views
- Modern Kitchen With Part Orangery Roof And A Fantastic Range Of Units
- Six Reception Areas Including Sunroom, Office And Games Room
- Luxury Bathroom On Ground Floor With Separate Sauna Area And Shower Room On First Floor
Additional InformationThe Old Belfast Road in Newtownards is well known for its stand alone, prestigious homes and this property will not disappoint. Located on a private site, surrounded by mature trees and approached by a sheltered driveway, this fantastic gentleman's residence offers privacy and space whilst benefitting from being only minutes from Newtownards town centre and the main arterial routes to Belfast. Newtownards is a busy town with a vast array of retailers, restaurants, coffee shops, leisure facilities and amenities and in the recent past, has become increasingly popular due to its range of housing, spacious sites and choice of local schools, most notably, Regent House Grammar School.
As soon as you enter this period property, you will immediately appreciate the current owners efforts to retain as many original features as possible, which can be seen from the original tiling through to the cornicing and sash windows. The main entrance hall allows access to the first three of the reception rooms, two with open fireplaces and one being used as an office. The walk through library area leads you to the sunroom extension which has a door out to the patio area and has a part orangery roof. The modern kitchen has a great range of units, space for a large range cooker, good work space and has access to the games room and dining room. The main family bathroom on the ground floor has a white suite, storage and has a fully fitted sauna area.
The first floor of the home has a shower room and wc on the return landing and off the wide, bright main landing are the five bedrooms. The two largest bedrooms benefit from dual aspect views and the further three bedrooms are of a good size, one with feature cast iron fireplace and has access to roofspace storage.
Externally, the mature grounds are simply stunning with a plethora of plants, shrubs and mature trees bordering the property to allow privacy and shelter. There is a raised patio area for entertaining, multiple bedding areas and the original coach house is located to the front of the site and gives the opportunity for storage or as a useable room.
This type of property doesn't come to the market often and we would recommend viewing at your earliest convenience to fully appreciate this fabulous period home.
- Accommodation Comprises:
- Entrance Porch
- Original tiled floor, feature stained glass window light and stained glass door.
- Entrance Hall
- Cornicing, picture rail and storage under stairs.
- Drawing Room 6.1 x 4.8 (20'0" x 15'9")
- Open fireplace with tiled hearth and inset, wooden surround and mantle, sash windows, dual aspect views and cornicing.
- Office 3.6 x 3.1 (11'10" x 10'2")
- Cornicing, picture rail, dual aspect views and sash windows.
- Living Room 6 x 4.8 (19'8" x 15'9")
- Open fire with tiled hearth and inset, wooden surround and mantle, dual aspect views, picture rail, sash windows and cornicing.
- Walk Through Library 2.5 x 1.8 (8'2" x 5'11")
- Built in shelving and storage.
- Dining Room 4.2 x 3.5 (13'9" x 11'6")
- Double glazed doors through to kitchen.
- Kitchen 6.5 x 3.7 (21'4" x 12'2")
- Ash kitchen with range of high and low level units with laminate work surfaces, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, space for range cooker, space for fridge freezer, plumbed for dishwasher, space for additional cooker, stainless steel extractor hood, double height orangery ceiling, feature lighting, partly tiled walls and tiled floor.
- Utility Room
- Plumbed for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, velux type window and oil fired boiler.
- Sunroom 4.9 x 3.9 (16'1" x 12'10")
- Part Orangery type ceiling and double doors to patio area.
- White suite comprising panelled bath with jacuzzi style jets, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor and door through to sauna.
- Games Room 7.3 x 5 (23'11" x 16'5")
- Solid wood floor, two velux type windows and double doors to patio.
- First Floor
- Sash windows and hotpress with storage.
- Bedroom 1 6.2 x 4.6 (20'4" x 15'1")
- Dual aspect windows, sash windows, picture rail, cornicing and lough views.
- Bedroom 2 5.7 x 4.8 (18'8" x 15'9")
- Dual aspect windows, lough views, sash windows, picture rail, cornicing and built in storage.
- Bedroom 3 3.7 x 3.7 (12'2" x 12'2")
- Picture rail, cornicing and sash windows.
- Bedroom 4 4 x 2.3 (13'1" x 7'7")
- Dado rail, cornicing, feature fireplace with cast iron surround and access to roofspace.
- Bedroom 5 3.1 x 3 (10'2" x 9'10")
- Picture rail and cornicing.
- Shower Room
- White suite comprising walk in shower enclosure with 'Jacuzzi' overhead shower and glazed shower screen, vanity unit with storage and mixer taps, wall mounted radiator, partly tiled walls and tiled floor.
- Separate WC
- Traditional wc and tiled floor.
- Stone driveway with parking for multiple vehicles and turning area, mature trees, plants and shrubs, areas in lawn, stone pathways, paved seating areas, veranda with space for seating, raised patio area with access to sunroom and games room, outside tap and light.
- Coach House
- Original outhouse.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »