- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Well presented Semi-Detached Villa with an abundance of character and charm
- Gracious Dining Room, Living Room & Sitting Room
- 4 Conservatories including unique Rooftop Conservatory Studio
- Family Kitchen with Casual Breakfast Area
- 4 Well Proportioned Bedrooms
- White Bathroom Suite with original cast iron and white porcelain Royal Doulton 'parallel shower & spray bath'
- Further Bathroom on 2nd Floor
- Yoga Room
- Oil fired central heating / uPVC double glazed
- Attractive Separate Annex providing living accommodation
- Delightful gardens laid in lawns, trees, shrubs & flower beds providing an array of colour
- South facing and quiet location.
Additional InformationDating back to circa 1910, this exceptional three-storey, semi detached villa has been comprehensively restored over the last few years whilst retaining all of the character, warmth and, above all, style expected from a home of this era. The workmanship is spectacular and the contrast between the rich carvings and the simple 'arts & crafts' style of the rest of the house is stunning.
Of particular note would be the roof top conservatory, the original stained glass windows and also the more church-like circular windows which light the passageway up the five flights and 48 steps of solid oak staircase. With bright, spacious rooms - 23 in total, high ceilings and adaptable accommodation all combined with the tasteful decor, will ensure that this home will appeal to a varied and wide range of purchasers.
Just a short stroll from the coastal path, Bangor's bustling town centre with its vibrant atmosphere and restaurants, and also within commuting to Belfast and beyond by road or public transport as the railway halt is only a few minutes walk away.
- COVERED PORCH:
- Double Hardwood Front Doors.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Solid wood flooring, corniced ceiling, hand carved architraves.
- Solid oak staircase which is located through one of the spectacular doorways off the hallway. Feature stained glass window in hallway and further circular stained glass windows on Ground and First Floors.
- DRAWING/DINING ROOM:
- 8.74m x 3.53m (28' 8" x 11' 7")
(Into bay) Feature stained glass window, corniced ceiling, picture rail, exposed and treated solid wood floor, carved mahogany fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, open fire. Double doors to long Conservatory, feature hardwood double doors with leaded glass to . . .
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.31m x 3.48m (17' 5" x 11' 5")
Carved black oak fireplace with ornate inset and hearth, corniced ceiling, feature stained glass window, exposed and treated solid wood floor.
- 7.14m x 3.89m (23' 5" x 12' 9")
Space for Range cooker, Belfast sink unit, oil-fired Aga with feature housing, beamed ceiling, original tiled floor, feature bevelled door to long Conservatory.
- KITCHEN CONSERVATORY:
- Feature tiled flooring, Belfast sink unit, plumbed for dishwasher.
- BOILER HOUSE:
- Oil fired boiler, plumbed for washing machine.
- SEPARATE WC:
- High flush wc.
- LONG CONSERVATORY:
- Sliding aluminium doors to rear patio.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 5.41m x 4.7m (17' 9" x 15' 5")
(Into bay) Stained glass window, carved wood fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, corniced ceiling, picture rail.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.42m x 3.4m (14' 6" x 11' 2")
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.68m x 2.64m (12' 1" x 8' 8")
- Edwardian cast iron white porcelain Royal Doulton 'parallel shower and spray bath', shower screen, pedestal wash hand basin, part wood panelled walls, separate walk-in shower unit, Mira electric shower unit, laminate wood flooring. uPVC window.
- SEPARATE WC:
- Low flush wc.
- Hotpress with built-in shelving.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 5.41m x 4.27m (17' 9" x 14' 0")
Corniced ceiling, picture rail.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.88m x 3.43m (16' 0" x 11' 3")
(Currently used as a studio) Wood panelled walls.
- Access to . . .
- ROOFTOP CONSERVATORY:
- Ball and Claw foot bath with telephone hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, separate tiled shower cubicle, Redring shower unit, wood flooring, feature wall tiling.
- YOGA ROOM:
- SEPARATE ANNEX:
- Living Accommodation with its own heating to include:
- LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN:
- 6.63m x 4.95m (21' 9" x 16' 3")
- BEDROOM (1):
- SHOWER ROOM:
- TO FRONT:
- Brick paviour driveway with ample parking for 2-3 cars, flower beds etc.
- TO REAR:
- Private, mature rear garden laid in lawns, mature hedging, shrubs and flower beds that provide an array of colour.
- Patio areas ideal for summer BBQs.
Travelling from the Bryansburn Road roundabout turn left into Maxwell Road. Take 4th road on right and Downshire Park is on the left hand side just after Raglan Road.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
14th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »