- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Stone built station house
- Detached barn and carport
- Three bedrooms
- Large vaulted sun room
- UPVC DG and OFCH
Additional InformationAn exquisite detached house, detached barn and car port, mature gardens and adjoining paddock on Quarrytown Road outside the village of Broughshane.
Ballycloghan Station House was originally built in 1858 and its stone walls, slate roof and Victorian internal doors still provides the character and charm of that period. Its sympathetic garden room extension and significant investment over the years has created an updated and upgraded home in keeping with its era.
Located in a mature rural setting within a short drive of the local amenities in the village and quickly into Ballymena with all it has to offer.
- Property description
- Ground floor accommodation comprises porch, hallway, lounge, garden room, kitchen with utility closet, bathroom and rear porch then three bedrooms and shower room on the first floor. The property is beautifully presented and in superb decorative order combining Victorian character with modern essentials such as uPvc leaded double glazing, uPvc fascia and guttering and an oil fired central heating system. Detached barn and carport, mature gardens and paddock all within a peaceful rural setting of circa 0.75 acres.
- Porch 1.9m x 1.12m (6'3" x 3'8")
- Double aspect porch with solid wood front door, vaulted ceiling and tiled floor.
- Tiled floor and stairs to first floor. Through to:
- Lounge 5m x 3.8m (16'5" x 12'6")
- Comfortable, double aspect living room with feature inset fireplace and surround with slate hearth. Currently houses an electric cast iron stove but can be opened up for back to back fireplace with kitchen. Porcelain tiled floor and recessed spot lighting. TV point.
- Garden room 8.34m x 4.8m (27'4" x 15'9")
- Bright and spacious reception room with vaulted ceiling. Triple aspect with views of the garden. Four velux windows create an abundance of light. Porcelain tiled floor, recessed spot lighting, TV and telephone points.
- Kitchen / Utility 5m x 4.8m (16'5" x 15'9")
- Country kitchen with good range of floor and eye level honey pine kitchen and display units. Single bowl powdered stone resin sink and drainer and Pegler taps. Integrated electric hob and double oven, plumbed for dishwasher and space for fridge freezer. Inset brick fireplace and slate hearth with electric cast iron stove. Can be opened up for back to back fireplace with lounge. Recessed spot lighting. Built in utility closet which is plumbed for washing machine and space for tumble dryer. Tiled floor.
- Bathroom 2.06m x 1.9m (6'9" x 6'3")
- Victorian style bathroom suite comprising WC, wash hand basin and stainless steel bath with gold Pegler taps. Tiled floor and walls. Double aspect.
- Rear porch
- Solid wood door and tiled floor.
- First floor
- Pine stairs to first floor. Feature window. Hotpress.
- Bedroom 1 3.85m x 3.85m (12'8" x 12'8")
- Carpeted master bedroom with built in wardrobe and 9ft ceiling.
- Bedroom 2 3.8m x 2.45m (12'6" x 8'0")
- Double aspect bedroom with carpet and 9ft ceiling.
- Shower room 1.9m x 1.5m (6'3" x 4'11")
- Victorian style suite comprising WC, wash hand basin with gold Pegler taps and shower cubicle with electric shower. Tiled floor and walls with 9ft ceiling and velux window.
- Bedroom 3 3.2m x 2.45m (10'6" x 8'0")
- Double aspect bedroom with carpet and 9ft ceiling.
- Through wooden swing gate onto stoned driveway and approach through to stoned rear yard. Front garden in mature shrubs and trees. Side garden with lawn, flowerbeds with mature shrubs and trees through to "secret" garden with working well.
- Stoned rear yard with concrete patio area. Boiler shed and oil tank.
- Side garden
- Private side garden with paved patio area and garden in lawn with mature shrubs and hedging.
- Barn 8.5m x 3.5m (27'11" x 11'6")
- Detached barn and wash room with WC and Belfast sink and hot water geyser. Wooden doors for vehicular access and two single doors.
- Substantial car port on concrete base.
- Rear paddock 23m x 15m (75'6" x 49'3")
- Neat paddock at rear of the property enclosed by mature hedging and 5 bar gate.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
35th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »