- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Charming detached cottage dating back to the early 1900s
- Beautiful rural aspect
- Deceptively spacious accommodation
- Stable door to entrance porch to hallway
- Dining Room with feature open fire with attractive carved pine surround, mahogany parquet flooring & open plan to:
- Lounge with feature wood burning stove & mahogany parquet flooring
- Kitchen with arch to Breakfast Room
- 4 Bedrooms (1 upstairs and 3 on ground level)
- Modern Bathroom
- Utility room with oil fired boiler (installed in July 2017)
- Home Studio - Extending to 9.7 x 5.3m (This space is fully insulated with light, power and a separate heating system from the cottage)
- 2 x Workshops / Barn Store / Stone Outbuilding
- Good sized garden in lawn plus immaculately presented, picturesque landscaped area to the rear featuring several seating areas, a pond, firepit area, various raised flower bed boxes and pathways
- Rural location yet convenient to neighbouring towns and villages
Additional InformationThis is a rare opportunity to purchase a charming detached cottage dating back to the early 1900s. Occupying a generous site, the property affords a beautiful rural aspect.
From the exterior façade, the property appears to be a quaint country cottage. Only upon internal inspection can one see the deceptively spacious accommodation on offer. Extending to over 1700 sq ft, the layout offers a great degree of flexibility and could be adapted to suit the occupier's requirements. Currently in the form of hallway, dining room open plan to lounge, separate kitchen open plan to breakfast room plus four bedrooms, modern bathroom and utility room.
Externally, the site extends to just under half an acre. With a large garden to the side in lawn, there is also an immaculately presented, picturesque landscaped area to the rear featuring several seating areas, a pond, firepit area, green house, various raised flowerbed boxes and pathways. Complimented by a range of outbuildings, the primary being an impressive Home Studio which could accommodate various uses. This space is fully insulated with light, power and a separate heating system from the cottage. There are also two good sized workshops, a barn store and an additional stone outbuilding.
Affording a wonderful, rural location – the property enjoys an open rural aspect with a few off road walking trails close to hand. The location is convenient to Newtownards town with it's variety of local amenities including various schools, shops, restaurants, churches and sports facilities. The Ards Peninsula is an area renowned for its natural beauty, combined with the convenience of only a short commute to Newtownards, Bangor and a pleasant drive for those wishing to commute to Belfast.
- Stable door to . . .
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Panelled walls, glazed hardwood door to hallway.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- 4.6m x 4.3m (15' 1" x 14' 1")
at widest points. Feature wood burning stove, recess shelving, mahogany parquet flooring.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.2m x 3.3m (13' 9" x 10' 10")
Attractive carved pine fireplace with cast iron inset and tiled hearth (open fire), exposed beams, mahogany parquet flooring.
- 4.4m x 2.2m (14' 5" x 7' 3")
Modern fitted kitchen with range of low level units, stainless steel 1.5 sink with drainer and mixer tap, plumbed for dishwasher, space for fridge freezer, Flavel range cooker with 8-ring gas hob, double electric oven, grill, laminate work tops, suspended 2 tone low voltage spot lights, larder cupboard.
- OPEN PLAN TO BREAKFAST ROOM:
- 3.6m x 2.4m (11' 10" x 7' 10")
UPVC double glazed door to exterior.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Oil fired boiler (installed July 2017). Plumbed for washing machine, light and power.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.5m x 3.3m (11' 6" x 10' 10")
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.m x 3.m (13' 1" x 9' 10")
2 lots of wall to wall range of built-in robes.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 5.2m x 1.9m (17' 1" x 6' 3")
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Modern white suite comprising panelled built-in shower cubicle with drencher shower and telephone hand shower, vanity unit with wash hand basin and mixer tap, low level cupboards, mirror with light and cupboard, concealed cistern wc, heated towel rail, panelled walls, resin flooring.
- Fixed staircase to . . .
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.4m x 2.4m (14' 5" x 7' 10")
- 9.7m x 5.3m (31' 10" x 17' 5")
Fully insulated and sound proofed, separate heating, re-wired 5 years ago, storage in roofspace, light and power.
- L-SHAPED WORKSHOP:
- 7.m x 5.3m (22' 12" x 17' 5")
Light and power, oil fired boiler.
- FIREPIT AREA
- GREEN HOUSE
- STONE OUTBUILDING:
- 3.3m x 1.8m (10' 10" x 5' 11")
- BARN STORE:
- 7.8m x 3.7m (25' 7" x 12' 2")
Take Movilla Road and turn right into Loughries Road.
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
How much will it cost?
14th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »