- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Stunning recently renovated family home
- Set in an idyllic situation with beautiful views over Strangford Lough and the surrounding countryside yet within easy commuting distance to Belfast
- Drawing room with marble fireplace, formal dining room, sun room and living room with cast iron fireplace
- Refurbished kitchen with excellent range of units and island
- Veranda leading from kitchen to the sun room overlooking the rear garden and Lough
- Five bedrooms including master with ensuite shower room and dressing room
- Large games room on lower ground floor and potential for granny flat
- Large integral garage with ample storage
- Underfloor oil fired central heating
- Double glazed throughout
- Charming gardens surrounded by mature hedging and electronic gates
- Please note: Some images show virtual furniture
Additional InformationSituated on the Ballydorn Road, this superb recently renovated detached home is located in an area of outstanding beauty offering stunning views over Strangford Lough and the surrounding countryside. Although set in the idyllic countryside the property is only 15 minutes from Comber, 30 minutes from Belfast and within easy access to some of the surrounding towns including Newtownards, Killyleagh, Downpatrick and Ballygowan.
This stunning family home is deceptively spacious, extending to approximately 5000 sq. ft. On the ground floor the property comprises Drawing Room, Sun Room with stunning views over the Lough, formal Dining Room, Sitting Room with cast iron fireplace, beautifully appointed Kitchen with a balcony to the side, 3 Bedrooms including Master Bedroom Ensuite with Walk in Dressing Room and Main Bathroom.
The lower ground floor features a large bedroom/childrens playroom, a further bedroom, shower room and utility room leading to a large integral garage. The garage leads to excellent storage space and another large games room with connecting WC. With separate access off the garage into the lower ground floor, it lends itself well to being converted into a separate granny annex/teenagers hideout.
Outside the property is surrounded by stunning well established gardens and enclosed by mature hedging and remote controlled gates. To the rear is a patio area, overlooked by the veranda which is accessed through the Kitchen and Sun Room. This charming home is perfect for enjoying summer evenings overlooking the Lough and winter nights by the fire.
The property is conveniently located to Balloo village which offers a variety of local amenities including the renowned Balloo House Restaurant, local farm shop and butchers, convenience store, post office and coffee shop along with the Crafty Fox gift shop. The Old Post Office Tearooms and the Poachers Pocket in Lisbane are equally as close. With stunning walks around Strangford Lough and Daft Eddys and Strangford Lough Yacht Club nearby this exceptional and individual home is an opportunity not to be missed.
Viewing is highly recommended and by private appointment only.
- Composite front door with glazed side panel and semi circular top light. Mosaic tiled floor.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Solid oak floor, wood panelled walls, cloaks cupboard, feature light wall, velux window, access to loft storage.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.87m x 5.56m (19' 3" x 18' 3")
Solid oak floor, marble fireplace and hearth, inset gas fire, ornate corniced ceiling and ceiling rose.
- SUN ROOM:
- 4.5m x 3.73m (14' 9" x 12' 3")
Travertine tiled floor, vaulted ceiling and recessed low voltage spotlighting, views over garden to Strangford Lough, 2 doors to balcony.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.9m x 3.45m (16' 1" x 11' 4")
Solid oak floor, corniced ceiling, views to Lough.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 5.23m x 5.03m (17' 2" x 16' 6")
(Into bay). Solid oak floor, cast iron fireplace with tiled inset, corniced ceiling, recessed low voltage spotlighting, views over Strangford Lough.
- 6.17m x 4.5m (20' 3" x 14' 9")
Excellent range of high and low level units, granite work surfaces, inset 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, housing for range cooker and integrated extractor hood, integrated Neff dishwasher, integrated microwave, and marble work surfaces and wooden breakfast bar, integrated fridge and freezer under counter, additional storage units, tiled splashback, recessed low voltage spotlighting, polished marble floor, views over garden and Strangford Lough, French door to balcony.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.95m x 4.34m (16' 3" x 14' 3")
Recessed low voltage lighting, French door to balcony, views to Strangford Lough.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 2.92m x 1.96m (9' 7" x 6' 5")
Excellent range of built in robes and drawers, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Luxury white suite comprising: Low flush WC, vanity unit with rice bowl sink and mixer tap, fully tiled walk in shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit, rain shower head and telephone hand shower attachment, chrome heated towel rail, fully tiled walls, wood effect tiled floor.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.45m x 3.51m (11' 4" x 11' 6")
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit, heated towel rail, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.34m x 3.51m (14' 3" x 11' 6")
- Luxury white suite comprising: Low flush WC, vanity sink unit with marble plinth and rice bowl sink with mixer tap, free standing bath with mixer tap and telephone hand shower attachment, walk in shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit and telephone hand shower attachment and rain shower head, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting, feature lighting to shower and bath.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Ceramic tiled floor, under stairs storage cupboard.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 7.47m x 4.72m (24' 6" x 15' 6")
Solid wood floor, views to Strangford Lough.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 5.99m x 4.5m (19' 8" x 14' 9")
Solid wood floor, views to Strangford Lough.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising: Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit, fully tiled walls, chrome towel rail, recessed low voltage lighting.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.35m x 2.36m (11' 0" x 7' 9")
Range of high and low level units, bowl and a quarter single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, ceramic tiled floor, door to:
- INTEGRAL DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 7.62m x 6.81m (25' 0" x 22' 4")
Beam vacuum system, oil fired boiler, light and power, electric up and over door and service door.
- 2.97m x 1.63m (9' 9" x 5' 4")
- ENTERTAINMENT/GAMES ROOM:
- 9.14m x 6.83m (30' 0" x 22' 5")
At widest points. Solid pine floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- White suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, half tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- Electric entrance gates leading to stoned driveway with parking and turning space to front, further parking to rear and access to garage.
- Site of approximately 1 acre of well manicured lawns with view over Strangford Lough bordered by hedging with mature trees and fruit trees.
From Balloo House turn into Whiterock Road signposted Killinchy. Continue to the end and pass Strangford Lough Yacht Club and the red Lightship. Ballydorn Road is on the right hand side.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »