- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Imposing Red Brick Period Residence
- Bright and Generous Accommodation Throughout
- Retaining Many Original Features
- Four Reception Rooms Including Lounge with Marble Columned Fireplace and Bay Window
- Drawing Room with Square Bay Window and Original Slate Fireplace and Double Doors to Dining Room
- Separate Family Room
- Fitted Family Sized Kitchen with Ample Dining Area
- Four Double First Floor Bedrooms
- Two Further Attic Rooms to Second Floor
- Family Bathroom with Free Standing Slipper Bath and Double Shower Cubicle
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- uPVC Double Glazing
- Mature Generous Site with Well Tended Front and Rear Gardens, Ideal for the Family or Children at Play, with Barbecue Areas and Patios
- Large Detached Double Garage
- Off Road Parking
- Convenient Location Within the Catchment Area to a Range of Local Schools
- Close to Fortwilliam Golf Club, Local Shopping, Links to Main Arterial Routes for Commuting and Motorway Networks
Additional InformationThis handsome detached double bay fronted residence is a fine example of a Victorian home on a mature, well established and generous site within this highly desirable location. Both internally and externally this property has been well maintained by the current owners and boasts bright and spacious family accommodation over three levels. This location has a proven track record for high demand due to its convenient position within the catchment area to a range of schools, public transport, Fortwilliam Golf Club, country parks, local shopping and main arterial routes.
The property retains many original period features, including high cornice ceilings, period fireplaces and the original bell board. The magnificent reception hall opens to a gracious lounge, with magnificent marble columned fireplace and bay window, and generous drawing room with slate fireplace and opening through glazed double doors to the dining room. The accommodation is completed with a family room and fitted kitchen with ample dining space. To the first floor there are four double bedrooms and a family bathroom, complete with shower unit, and a separate WC. There are also two further attic rooms to the second floor.
With mature gardens to the front and rear, barbecue areas, patios, off-street parking and large double garage, this home is sure to appeal to a wide range of potential purchaser. Further benefits include uPVC double glazing and gas fired central heating.
Property of this calibre rarely presents itself to the open market and we therefore recommend early internal inspection.
- Front door with stained glass inset, arched top light.
- RECEPTION PORCH:
- With original Victorian tiled floor, cornice ceiling, picture rail, etched inner door with matching side lights and glazed top light.
- SPACIOUS RECEPTION HALL:
- Carved newel post and turn spindle staircase to first floor, cloaks and storage cupboard under stairs, cornice ceiling and ceiling rose.
- 4.95m x 3.86m (16' 3" x 12' 8")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail and magnificent columned marble fireplace, cast iron and polished inset, granite hearth and gas coal fire.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.46m x 3.86m (17' 11" x 12' 8")
Mature outlook to front, picture rail, cornice ceiling, slate columned fireplace, cast iron and tiled inset, tiled hearth, open fire, glazed double doors to dining room.
- DINING ROOM:
- 3.86m x 3.33m (12' 8" x 10' 11")
With cornice ceiling, picture rail, glazed access door to kitchen.
- UTILITY/FAMILY ROOM:
- 3.84m x 3.56m (12' 7" x 11' 8")
Range of built-in cupboards, plumbed for washing machine, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, columned mahogany fireplace, cast iron polished inset and tiled hearth, picture rail, cornice ceiling.
- 4.29m x 4.01m (14' 1" x 13' 2")
Modern fitted kitchen with excellent range of high and low level units, granite effect work surface, single drainer sink and a half stainless steel sink unit with chrome mixer taps, part tiled walls, concealed lighting, space for range cooker with stainless steel extractor hood, integrated fridge freezer, built-in pantry cupboards, integrated combination microwave, ceramic tiled floor, recessed LED spotlighting, ample family dining area, access door to patio and rear garden, access door to pantry with gas fired boiler, through to utility room.
- With double glazed stained glass window.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.5m x 3.25m (14' 9" x 10' 8")
With wall to wall range of built-in robes, cornice ceiling, picture rail, outlook to front.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.99m x 3.81m (13' 1" x 12' 6")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail, outlook to front.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.81m x 3.56m (12' 6" x 11' 8")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail, outlook to rear.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.89m x 3.3m (12' 9" x 10' 10")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail, outlook to rear.
- With Victorian style white suite comprising: vanity unit, Villeroy and Boch basin inset in granite, cabinets below, free standing ball and claw foot cast iron slipper bath, floor mounted antique style mixer taps and telephone hand shower, low flush WC, double built-in fully tiled shower cubicle with electric shower unit, ceramic tiled floor, tongue and groove ceiling with recessed spotlighting, hotpress with lagged copper cylinder and built-in shelving, access hatch to roofspace, built-in display alcoves.
- Additional separate WC with ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled walls and low flush WC.
- With built-in storage cupboard.
- ATTIC ROOM (1)/GAMES ROOM:
- 4.29m x 3.71m (14' 1" x 12' 2")
Velux window, views to Antrim coastline and the mouth of Belfast Lough.
- ATTIC ROOM (2)/PLAYROOM:
- 3.71m x 3.43m (12' 2" x 11' 3")
Light, heat and power, fully sheeted, storage into eaves, excellent views to Belfast Lough, County Down coastline, mouth of Belfast Lough and the Antrim Hills.
- DOUBLE GARAGE:
- Twin up and over doors, light and power, Jawbox sink unit and separate WC, staircase to first floor, floored and sheeted, light and power.
- Tarmac driveway with ample parking, secure gate to side, mature garden to front laid in lawns, rear enclosed garden with timber decking, mature gardens laid in lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs, mature trees, outdoor lighting, water tap, barbecue hut.
Travelling country-bound along the A6 Antrim Road, continue past junction for Fortwilliam Park and past the Lansdowne Hotel. Waterloo Gardens is located on the right hand side after Donegal Park Avenue. Number 20 is located on the left hand side.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »