- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Spacious entrance hall with staircase to first floor
- Three generous reception rooms
- Kitchen with informal dining area
- Scullery and ground floor W/C
- Four well proportioned bedrooms to the first floor
- Family bathroom with free-standing bath an separate shower cubicle
- Two further bedrooms to the second floor
- Mix of original sliding sash and replacement windows / Oil-fired central heating / Fully refurbished in 1998
- Extensive range of outbuildings
- Large site with formal gardens, tarmac parking and former nursery business
Additional InformationThis is an incredibly rare opportunity to purchase a beautifully presented and fully re-furbished, B1 listed "Gentleman's Residence" built in the early 1800's and described by the Ulster Architectural Society as a "fine five-bay Georgian style farmhouse with stone quoins and surrounds to the windows" and makes particular reference to the "...pleasant fanlighted door" gracing the front elevation. It's worth noting that the current owners carried out a substantial renovation project in 1998 which has thankfully stayed true to the character of the original style and in doing so ensured that any future owners should have the minimum amount of maintenance and upkeep..
Located on the edge of Antrim town in a rural but very accessible area, the property occupies a generous site extending to circa 2.5 acres complimented by an extensive range of agricultural and stone outbuildings that could be used for a multitude of uses (subject to necessary approvals) and in particular an attached wing to the rear of the property, helping to form a pleasant courtyard, that would be ideally suited to holiday accommodation, home office, granny annex or entertainment suite for those in need of self contained additional space. The adjoining lands comprise formal gardens, large greenhouse and sheltered enclosure with beautiful stone wall creating the perfect environment for the former market garden and nursery business that was successfully run by the owner up until their recent retirement. The substantial on-site tarmac car-parking facility makes this an ideal opportunity for anyone wishing to run a business from this superb location close to Antrim Area Hospital and the M2 motorway.
Only on full internal and external inspection can one begin to appreciate the quality of this superb period dwelling and recognize the potential opportunities that it presents. Early viewing very strongly recommended.
- 4 panel entrance door with fretted half moon over and sidelights to:-
- Entrance hall
- Staircase to first floor with moulded mahogany hand rail and turned ballustrading. Feature newel post. Corniced ceiling. Under-stair storage. Double radiator.
- Lounge 4.90m x 4.22m (16'1 x 13'10)
- Open fire with feature marble surround, tiled inset and hearth. Dual aspect sliding sash windows. Picture rail. Corniced ceiling. Double radiator.
- Living room 4.24m x 2.87m (13'11 x 9'5)
- Open fire with feature tiled surround. Dual aspect sliding sash windows. Picture rail. Corniced ceiling. Small storage cupboard. Single radiator.
- Scullery 2.79m x 1.17m (9'2 x 3'10)
- Range of high and low level units with contrasting work surfaces. Partially tiled walls to work surfaces. Fully tiled floor. Access to:-
- Ground floor W/C
- White low flush W/C. Wall mounted wash hand basin. Fully tiled floor and walls. High level cupboards with sliding doors.
- Snug / Dining room 4.22m x 3.23m (13'10 x 10'7)
- Feature brick fireplace with 'Stanley' wood burning stove. Dual aspect windows. Fully tiled floor. Picture rail. Storage cupboard. Hard wood double glazed window to rear with low level window seat. Meter cupboard.
- Rear hall
- Partially glazed hard wood door to vehicular yard. Partially double glazed door to garden area. Fully tiled floor.
- Kitchen with informal dining area 4.62m x 3.05m (15'2 x 10)
- Full range of oak "Shaker" style high and low level units with feature handles and contrasting work surfaces. Glazed display cabinet. One and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps. Integrated 4 ring halogen hob with black glass splash back and pull-out overhead extractor fan. Low level combination oven and grill. Slimline dishwasher. Oil-fired 2 door 'Aga' linked to hot water system. Partially tiled walls to work surfaces. Fully tiled floor. Plumbed for washing machine. Hard wood double glazed windows.
- First floor
- Split half landing. Steps up to:-
- Bathroom 3.23m x 2.44m (10'7 x 8)
- Original free standing roll-top, ball and claw bath. Low flush W/C and wash hand basin. PVC clad corner quadrant shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit and sliding cubicle door. Mostly wood strip walls. Panelled ceiling. Sliding sash windows. Single radiator.
- Inner hall
- Access to hotpress with copper cylinder and shelving above.
- Split landing
- Bedroom 1 5.82m x 3.07m (19'1 x 10'1)
- Hotpress with copper cylinder and "Willis" type immersion heater. Single radiator.
- Bedroom 2 4.27m x 2.54m (14 x 8'4)
- (into wardrobe recess) Additional built-in storage. Gable side sliding sash window. Single radiator.
- Full landing
- Staircase to second floor. Sliding sash window.
- Bedroom 3 4.27m x 3.94m (14 x 12'11)
- Open fire with ornate painted wooden surround and cast iron inset. Picture rail. Storage cupboard. Sliding sash windows. Single radiator.
- Bedroom 4 4.27m x 3.61m (14 x 11'10)
- Open fire with tiled surround and hearth. Sliding sash window. Picture rail. Single radiator.
- Second floor landing
- Exposed timber beams.
- Bedroom 5 5.11m x 4.72m (16'9 x 15'6 )
- (max) Exposed timber beams. Gable side window. PVC tank.
- Bedroom 6 4.70m x 4.29m (15'5 x 14'1)
- Exposed timber beams. Gable side window.
- Attached stone shed
- Single glazed door to:-
- Entrance hall
- Staircase to first floor.
- Main Room 4.85m x 3.76m (15'11 x 12'4)
- Open fire with feature painted marble surround and slate hearth. Under-stair storage. Double radiator.
- Office Room 4.80m x 3.18m (15'9 x 10'5)
- Plumbed for washing machine. Door to rear. Double radiator.
- First floor split landing
- Steps up to:-
- Storage room 1 4.83m x 3.89m (15'10 x 12'9)
- (max) Full range of storage units. Mostly glazed door to external staircase. Double radiator.
- Storage room 2 4.98m x 4.88m (16'4 x 16)
- (max) Open fire with slate fire surround. PVC double glazed window to rear. 2No. double radiators. Steps up to:-
- Storage 3 6.27m x 4.90m (20'7 x 16'1)
- Vaulted ceiling with exposed timber beams. 2No. double radiators. (including wash area and W/C)
- Outside storage 6.32m x 4.93m (20'9 x 16'2)
- Power and light. Double doors.
- Dual entrances comprising iron double entrance gates and feature pillars with tarmac drive to front. Laurel hedging and well stocked borders in mature plants and shrubs. Established rockery. Decorative wrought iron gates to main courtyard area.
Additional tarmac drive and cast iron electric gates with access to substantial tarmac parking / courtyard. Access to rear with outdoor cattle pens and crush.
- Car port 5.51m x 4.75m (18'1 x 15'7)
- with corrugated tin roof. Tap and light.
- Attached garage 4.55m x 4.24m (14'11 x 13'11)
- Roller shutter door. Door to:-
- Storage 4.62m x 2.87m (15'2 x 9'5)
- PVC double glazed windows.
- Hay shed 12.40m x 6.53m (40'8 x 21'5)
- Round corrugated tin roof. Power and light.
- Attached stick shed 12.24m x 7.39m (40'2 x 24'3 )
- New pitched corrugated tin roof. Light.
- Cubicle house 26.21m x 5.08m (86 x 16'8)
- Pitched corrugated tin roof. Door to:-
- Second hay shed 13.56m x 7.19m (44'6 x 23'7)
- Corrugated tin walls and curved roof. Large sliding door.
- Fuel store 4.98m x 2.24m (16'4 x 7'4)
- Monopitch corrugated tin roof.
- Lean-to shed 8.94m x 4.29m (29'4 x 14'1)
- Enclosed oil-fired boiler. PVC tank for storage building. Open to:-
- Open fronted shed 1 6.10m x 4.22m (20 x 13'10)
- with corrugated mono-pitch roof. Paved for patio for barbecue/recreational use.
- Open fronted wood shed 2 6.53m x 4.67m (21'5 x 15'4)
- Pitched corrugated tin roof. Gate to;
- Outside continued
- Side garden in neat lawn, paved pathways, well stocked borders and paved patio. Mature conifers. Prefabricated oil-fired condensing boiler. PVC tank. Outside toilet with low flush W/C and wash hand basin. Timber pedestrian gates to front. Ornate gate to;
Formal mature gardens extending to circa 0.4 acres in paved pathways and raised displays. Conifer hedging. Pergola walkways. Complimentary mixed planting with seated area.
Greenhouse 73'10 x 14'3. Water and power. Large and small timber shed.
Large enclosed area extending to 0.57 acres with stone wall and mature conifer hedging. Poly tunnel (tunnel may be available by separate negotiation).
Extensive tarmac parking area extending to 0.18 acres. Water tank with pumps for irrigation.
- IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL POTENTIAL PURCHASERS;
- Please note none of the systems or appliances have been tested in this property.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »