- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Fantastic Detached Family Home
- Magnificent Mature Site Extending to Circa ¾ of an Acre
- Many Attractions Close by Such as Mount Stewart, Exploris Aquarium and Kirkistown Castle Golf Club
- Versatile, Flexible and Bright Accommodation on Both Levels
- Living Room Which is Open Plan to Dining Area
- Kitchen Which Spans the Full Width of the House, Kitchen has Range of High and Low Level High Gloss Units, Granite Work Tops and Integrated Appliances
- Separate Utility Room
- First Floor Sitting Room with Excellent Views, which could be Potential Fifth Bedroom
- Four Well Proportioned Bedrooms, Two on the Ground Floor, One of Which has En Suite Shower Room
- First Floor Bathroom with Four Piece White Suite
- Additional Downstairs WC
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- uPVC Double Glazed Windows
- Tree Lined Driveway in Loose Stones Leading to Additional Parking Area with Facilities for Cars, Caravans, Boats and Horse Boxes, etc
- Extensive Timber Decked Terrace with Barbecue Hut
- Private Secluded Site with Excellent Convenience to Main Coast Road
- Early Viewing Essential
- Please Note
- Plans have been passed to build a double garage with self contained apartment above.
Additional InformationOccupying a magnificent semi-rural site extending to circa 3/4 acre, this is a great opportunity to acquire a fantastic detached family home! Clever design maximises a gorgeous setting with the flow of natural light highlighting a stunning open plan layout - the result, a modern, adaptable living space on both levels.
The ground floor comprises an open plan dining/living area with a contemporary wood burning stove set into a white marble alcove, an inviting sun room overlooking and leading to the rear garden via French doors, two beautifully decorated, well-proportioned ground floor bedrooms (one with ensuite shower room), a stunning high gloss fitted kitchen boasting granite worktops, and an adjoining utility room with attached WC.
Progressing upstairs, this fine home continues to impress with its fantastic open plan theme - the vendors currently use the 'landing' area as an extremely functional and attractive fifth bedroom/living room. Views across the nearby fields and Strangford Lough underline the sheer beauty of this captivating area. A second contemporary wood burner and LED-lit glass brick section promote a comfortable, modern lifestyle. Two well-proportioned, theme-led children's bedrooms and a luxury travertine/dark wood bathroom with four-piece suite complete the internal layout.
Outside, the property is one of three similarly constructed private residences set back from the Ballygelagh Road. 2, Rectory Close is entered via its own sweeping, tree-lined driveway. Recently laid with attractive stones, it compliments a stunning new Tier-walled patio and front entrance steps. A twisting wooden deck path leads to a superb BBQ hut (floored with American dark oak hardwood) and large wooden deck area. Three beautifully landscaped lawns are bounded by a feature stone garden wall adorned in various types of Ivy. There is more than ample parking for cars, caravans, boats and/or horseboxes, etc . A further point of interest- the owners have obtained passed plans for the addition of a self-contained flat with integral double garage.
This property is located on the Ards Peninsula, an area which is renowned for outstanding natural beauty. New occupants will have the opportunity to enjoy the semi-rural setting, coastal walks and the close proximity of Kirkistown Golf Club & Racetrack , National Trust's Mount Stewart and Castle Ward to name but a few local attractions. All in all, this stunning and easily accessible property really needs to be viewed to be fully appreciated.
- uPVC double glazed front door with uPVC double glazed side panels to spacious bright reception hall.
- SPACIOUS BRIGHT RECEPTION HALL:
- Part tiled floor, part solid wooden floor.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 7.09m x 3.3m (23' 3" x 10' 10")
at widest points
Solid wooden floor, Aduro cast iron wood burning stove with tiled recess, cornice ceiling, archway to sun room, open plan to dining area and modern fitted kitchen.
- SUPERB FITTED KITCHEN OPEN PLAN TO DINING AREA:
- 4.27m x 3.3m (14' 0" x 10' 10")
Range of high and low level high gloss units, granite work surfaces, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink unit with matching granite drainer, integrated Neff double oven, integrated dishwasher, large island unit with Baumatic five ring gas hob, extractor fan above, breakfast bar, granite work top, integrated wine rack.
Kitchen, dining and family area spans the whole width of the house, which is 36'.
- SUN ROOM:
- 3.18m x 4.01m (10' 5" x 13' 2")
Solid wooden floor, uPVC double glazed French doors to outside.
- BEDROOM/LIVING ROOM:
- 4.22m x 4.01m (13' 10" x 13' 2")
Cornice ceiling, dual aspect windows, private aspect.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.01m x 3.68m (13' 2" x 12' 1")
- White suite comprising: built-in fully tiled shower cubicle, floating wash hand basin, chrome mixer tap, low flush WC, fully tiled floor, extractor fan.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.36m x 2.06m (7' 9" x 6' 9")
Work top, plumbed for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, space for fridge freezer, fully tiled floor, door to outside.
- DOWNSTAIRS WC:
- White suite comprising: low flush WC, floating wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap.
- FAMILY AND SITTING AREA OR BEDROOM FIVE:
- 7.24m x 3.3m (23' 9" x 10' 10")
at widest points
Solid wood floor, beautiful views over rolling countryside to Strangford Lough, cast iron wood burning stove (?), shelved hotpress with pressurised water system.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.19m x 4.01m (13' 9" x 13' 2")
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.99m x 3.68m (13' 1" x 12' 1")
- Four piece white suite comprising: tiled panelled bath with mixer tap, built-in fully tiled shower cubicle, wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap on display unit, low flush WC, fully tiled floor, fully tiled walls with glass block detail.
- Magnificent mature semi rural site extending to circa ¾ of an acre with beautifully presented formal gardens laid in lawns, tree lined driveway in loose stones leading to ample parking area for cars, caravans or boats, feature boundary stone wall, gardens continue along the side and to the rear of the property, wooden pathway leading to extensive timber decked terrace, barbecue house at timber decked terrace area, large storage shed, uPVC oil tank, oil fired boiler in boiler house, raised terrace area to front in attractive stone work and cracked slate.
Heading out of Kircubbin in the direction of Portaferry along Rowreagh Road turn left onto Loughdoo Road. Take the first on your left onto Ballygelagh Road and Rectory Close is on your left.
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »