How much will it cost?
Contact Mark Crawford Financial For No Obligation Advice
Thank you for enquiring through Mark Crawford Financial. A member of our team will be in contact with you.
We will charge a broker fee of between £0 and £250, payable on receipt of mortgage offer. The amount we will charge is dependent on the amount of research and administration that is required.
This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Delightful Extended Farmhouse Dating Back to the Early 1900's
- Deceptively Spacious and Retains Many Charming Features
- Three Formal Reception Rooms to Include Inglenook Fireplace
- Large Drawing Room with Reclaimed "Guinness Brewery" Floorboards
- Four Double Bedrooms And One Single Bedroom with Master, Guest and Single Ensuite Bathrooms
- Traditional Country Style Kitchen set in Pippy Oak and Solid Black Granite Worktops
- Comfortable Snug Area with Feature "Esse" Range
- Generous Master Bedroom and Contemporary Ensuite Bathroom
- Rolling Gardens with Paddock Area Set Within a 1.7 Acre Site
- Excellent Range of Outbuildings Complete with Self Contained Apartment
- Idyllic Setting with Easy Access to Saintfield, Lisburn and Belfast
Additional InformationSimon Brien Residential are truly delighted to offer for sale this charming detached farmhouse, which has been extensively renovated and occupies an enviable 1.7 acre site set within an idyllic country setting. Set in the rolling drumlins of County Down, yet only twenty minutes from Forestside, this luxury, extended, 1900's farmhouse is a truly unique purchase and filled with character and charm. Features are abundant throughout this magnificent five bedroom family home. The room sizes are more than generous - it really is a property that should be viewed to be appreciated. The eight metre drawing room has reclaimed 'Guinness Brewery' floor boards, a large Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, bay windows with seating and patio doors, opening onto a landscaped front garden with patio area and feature pond. The formal dining room currently hosts an antique dining/snooker table set on wooden floors reclaimed from Staffordshire Mills. An exquisite antique stain glass window gives this room real elegance and can also be appreciated from the traditional farmhouse country kitchen, set in Old Pippy Oak which benefits from granite worktops and walk in pantry. The 'Snug' area provides any new owner with a cosy sitting area with traditional "Esse" range. The Master Bedroom has a contemporary ensuite wet-room and again boasts floors reclaimed from Staffordshire Mills. Whether looking at the metre thick walls or traditional beams, this property reflects the charm of a farmhouse yet is extended to provide the luxury of space and is ideal for families or those wishing to move to the country for a quieter, more relaxing life. Externally, the extensive range of outbuildings, include a small self-contained apartment with central heating, a courtyard with ample parking and views over the beautiful countryside. The whole property has a picture postcard feel and grounds extend to approximately 1.7 acres. There is the added advantage of a landscaped front garden and mature trees and feature pond. To the rear one can bask in a large back garden and small paddock. The house is accessed via a quiet country road and laneway yet is within 5-10 mins of Ballynahinch, Carryduff and Lisburn and within the catchment of some excellent schools. We would encourage early viewing of this County Down farmhouse.
- Via private sweeping stone driveway. Entered via Solid Oak Panelled Door.
- Quarry tiled flooring. French pine staircase to raised reception area with pine flooring.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.9m x 4.57m (25' 11" x 15' 0")
Large drawing room with dual aspect windows. "Guinness Brewery" reclaimed floorboards. Inglenook Fireplace with feature Multi fuel burning stove and quarry tiled hearth.
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.15m x 4.39m (20' 2" x 14' 5")
Well-appointed room for entertaining, Hosting an antique dining and snooker table set on reclaimed wooden flooring sourced from Staffordshire Mills. Feature stained glass window leading to….
- KITCHEN WITH CASUAL DINING AREA :
- 6.65m x 4.09m (21' 10" x 13' 5")
Traditional country style kitchen with a superb range of Pippy Oak low level units and black granite worktops. Stainless steel extractor canopy above inset induction hob and antique tiled back splash. Built in double oven and grill and integrated dishwasher. Feature reclaimed quarry tiled flooring. Beamed ceiling and recess spotlights. (AWP)
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 4.47m x 3.61m (14' 8" x 11' 10")
Quarry tiled flooring. Large Belfast Sink with antique taps. Walk in pantry. Beamed ceiling. Stable door to rear hallway.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 6.63m x 5.64m (21' 9" x 18' 6")
Spacious master bedroom finished in reclaimed flooring.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled suite with walk in double shower, pedestal wash hand basin, high flush WC and bidet.
- SNUG ROOM:
- 4.65m x 4.62m (15' 3" x 15' 2")
Accessed off kitchen. Feature "Esse" Range. Carpeted.
- 4.5m x 1.83m (14' 9" x 6' 0")
Entrance hall leading to ... Cloakroom with WC and pedestal wash hand basin, boiler and partially tiled walls.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.7m x 4.6m (15' 5" x 15' 1")
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- Free standing Clawfoot bath. Pedestal wash hand basin with low flush WC. Partially tiled walls.
- Staircase accessed via the Snug Area.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.6m x 2.77m (15' 1" x 9' 1")
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.62m x 2.82m (15' 2" x 9' 3")
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- Free standing Clawfoot bath. Pedestal wash hand basin with low flush WC. Corner shower cubicle. Partially tiled walls. Ceramic tiled floor.
- This stunning home is complimented by a private tarmac sweeping drive and is accessed via a shared lane. It has the benefit of a manicured and bordered lawn to the front filled with mature shrubs feature pond and stoned pathways. Any potential purchaser will benefit from ample parking to the front side and rear and indulge in plentiful landscaped gardens, greenhouse, garages and a superb range of outbuildings. One has the potential to become self-contained accommodation to the first floor.
- 7.11m x 3.51m (23' 4" x 11' 6")
- OUTBUILDING 1:
- 6.73m x 5.94m (22' 1" x 19' 6")
Water and electric.
- OUTBUILDING 2:
- 7.14m x 4.52m (23' 5" x 14' 10")
- DETACHED OFFICE/WORKSHOP/APARTMENT:
- 4.44m x 3.05m (14' 7" x 10' 0")
Oil Fired Central Heating.
- SELF-CONTAINED ACCOMMODATION:
- 4.93m x 2.54m (16' 2" x 8' 4")
Open plan sitting area and kitchen facilities. Could be modernised and adapted once the relevant planning permissions have been obtained.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »
(in last 30 days)
12th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Want to increase your views?
Why not Increase Your Views and get twice the exposure as a regular listing!Increase Your Views