16 Bar Hall Road,
Portaferry, Newtownards, BT22 1RQ
3 Bed Cottage
Contact the Agent
Templeton Robinson (North Down)
Last listed at Offers around £315,000
- Beautiful Cottage enjoying a Rural Location yet only a few minutes drive from the town of Portaferry
- Enjoys a Calming Ambience Throughout
- Living Room with "Morso" Cast Iron Stove, Dining Room
- Solid Cream Kitchen with Casual Dining Area leading to Sun Room
- Stunning Countryside & Views over Strangford Lough - "An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty"
- Ground Floor Bathroom & Bedroom
- Two First Floor Bedrooms, Dressing Room & Shower Room
- Art Studio or Home Office
- Double Glazed Windows / Oil Fired Central Heating
- Country Cottage Style Gardens in lawns, shrubs, fruit trees & several seating areas to absorb the tranquil lifestyle
- To Summarise - This is an ideal position to "get away from it all" and yet be close to fabulous facilities
The property enjoys an outstanding tranquil location with panoramic views across Strangford Lough.
Internally the layout provided flexible accommodation depending on your needs. Of particular note would be the living room with 'Morso' multi fuel stove, kitchen with casual dining area and sunroom which is perfect for listening to the wildlife and capturing the view. With the option of a downstairs bedroom and two first floor bedrooms, this makes the property perfect for the young family or retired alike.
The cottage occupies a generous site, in lawns, mature shrubs, trees and many delightful patio areas ideal for al fresco living. If the tranquillity of a home in the country with that extra space both inside & out is what you require, this splendid home will undoubtedly be the answer to an idyllic environment for many purchasers.
- Hardwood front door to . . .
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Glazed door with bevelled glass to . . .
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.49m x 4.75m (18' 0" x 15' 7")
Carved fireplace with Morso cast iron multi fuel burning stove, cornice ceiling, built-in bookshelves with cupboards below. Glazed double doors to . . .
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.51m x 4.47m (18' 1" x 14' 8")
Open fire, built-in bookcases, cornice ceiling, countryside views.
- CLOAKS AREA:
- Hotpress with built-in shelves, broom cupboard.
- White suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor, part tiled walls, low voltage spotlights.
- KITCHEN WITH CASUAL DINING AREA;
- 4.8m x 3.53m (15' 9" x 11' 7")
Cream solid wood kitchen with excellent range of high and low level cupboards, laminate work surfaces, 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, plumbed for washing machine and dishwasher, space for range, extractor fan and canopy, space for fridge freezer, low voltage spotlights, concealed lighting, casual dining area, views over lough. Door to . . .
- SUN ROOM:
- 3.84m x 3.38m (12' 7" x 11' 1")
Walk-in larder cupboard, ceramic tiled floor, low voltage spotlights, uPVC door to outside sun terrace, excellent views over lough.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.62m x 3.56m (15' 2" x 11' 8")
Views over the countryside.
- PRINCIPAL BEDROOM:
- 4.75m x 4.6m (15' 7" x 15' 1")
- DRESSING ROOM:
- Range of built-in robes, drawers etc.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.8m x 3.99m (15' 9" x 13' 1")
Excellent range of built-in robes, drawers etc, excellent views over Strangford Lough.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled shower cubicle with Aqualisa shower unit, low flush wc, bidet, twin pedestal wash hand basins, fully tiled walls, Velux window, built-in cupboard.
- STUDIO/HOME OFFICE:
- 4.72m x 2.26m (15' 6" x 7' 5")
Wooden Structure, fully insulated with heating, light and power.
- BOILER HOUSE:
- Oil fired boiler, uPVC oil tank.
- Sun terrace enjoying breathtaking lough views. Greenhouse. Beautiful country gardens laid in lawn, pathways, raised flower beds with mature shrubs, woodland area. Circular sitting area with pebbles and paving, fruit bushes.
From the Port Hotel on The Strand drive out towards the end of the Peninsula and this becomes Bar hall Road. No 16 is on the left hand side and is approached by shared laneway.
SPOTTED A PROBLEM? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.
Property For Sale in BT22 1RQ | Property For Sale in BT22 | Property For Sale in Newtownards Area | Property For Sale in Portaferry | Property For Sale in Newtownards | Property For Sale in County Down | Property For Sale in Ards Peninsula | Templeton Robinson (North Down) * Rates information is provided for guidance purposes only, as the information source is subject to change. Please check the LPSNI website for further detail.