- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- 'Scottish Baronial' style detached residence with 5 bedrooms and 3 reception rooms.
- Underfloor heating on ground floor.
- Beam vacuum system.
- Two person lift from the ground to the first and second floors.
- Spacious oak-panelled entrance hall with ornate period oak fireplace and staircase.
- Large mullioned windows to the main reception rooms.
- Period white marble fireplace in the spacious lounge room with bay window.
- Oversize 6 panel oak doors with ornate oak architraves and high oak skirting throughout the ground and first floors.
- High ceilings (9'8") throughout the house.
- Substantial plaster cornices and lighting roses on the ground and first floors.
- Large games/exercise room which currently accommodates a full-sized snooker table and accessories.
- Telephones wired to all rooms with advantage of Cat 5 cabling throughout whole house.
- Kitchen with feature 4-oven Aga and hand painted kitchen with island.
- Dining Room and Family Room.
- Integrated double garage.
- Purpose built Workshop (1950 sq.ft) with Mezzanine floor level and three phase electricity.
150 Ballymoney Road, Banbridge
An elegant ‘Scottish Baronial’ style gentleman’s residence of over 6500 sq. ft. set within spacious landscaped grounds of 1.25 acres in an idyllic setting just outside Banbridge, Co. Down. This striking property offers a homely feel throughout. It has a double integral garage and a large workshop of almost 2000 sq. ft adjacent to the property. The property has many distinguishing features internally and externally. The external walls are faced with random coursed square cut Scrabo stone with deep sill windows, and a Westmoreland green slate roof, all of which add greatly to the beauty and appeal of the house. Internally, the property combines many features in keeping with the style of the property and has been tastefully decorated and exceptionally well cared for throughout. The ground floor has has many appealing rooms each of which has been well thoughtfully designed and decorated with careful attention to detail throughout. Entering the home is an inviting hallway with many distinctive features such as the large period oak fireplace, oak panelled walls and feature oak staircase to the first floor. Also of particular mention are the lounge and dining room overlooking the Japanese garden located to the West. The kitchen/diner has hand painted kitchen units complemented by granite work surfaces and features featuring an oil fired, four oven Aga. The dining area opens out onto the large patio to the rear of the property where you can enjoy views of the surrounding countryside and is an ideal entertaining area. The first floor landing has a feature stained glass window and attractive oak flooring which is present largely throughout the five bedrooms, (two of which have en suite). There is also a Snooker room and stairs leading to the second floor. The second floor accommodates a reception area, an administrative office and a separate executive office and boardroom. The property has the unique advantage of a lift which serves all three floors. In all, a remarkable property undoubtedly sure to appeal to the most discerning of purchasers who will be seeking a top calibre family home in a sought after location.
150 Ballymoney Road is located in a quiet part of the countryside with a property sitting on an elevated site just 2.7 miles from Banbridge town centre and 2 miles from the A1 dual carriageway. Banbridge is well town for it's various bars, restaurants, cinema, gyms, supermarkets and outlet complex. The area further benefits from an excellent selection of leading primary, secondary schools and colleges and its central location makes it an ideal location for accessing other parts of the province:- 12.3 miles from Craigavon 18.3 miles from Newry 23 miles from Belfast 13 miles from Sprucefield M1 Motorway and 1hr 30 mins to Dublin
- Via front door to an entrance porch with internal glazed door and side panels leading to the hallway which features an individually detailed antique oak fireplace, oak panelling throughout and cloakroom with WC. Solid oak ornate period style staircase leads to the first floor.
- Lounge 22' 3'' x 23' 11'' (6.78m x 7.28m) at widest points
- Feature bay window (10' x 7'1") and attractive matt white marble fireplace with 'Sienna' marble inserts. 'Adam' cornicing and centre ceiling roses trimmed with gold leaf.
- Dining Room 13' 5'' x 17' 11'' (4.09m x 5.46m) at widest points
- Side aspect overlooking Japanese garden, 'Adam' style corniced ceiling with decorative ceiling roses.
- Family Room 20' 6'' x 20' 6'' (6.24m x 6.24m) at widest points
- Rear aspect casual reception room with fitted window seats and views over the gardens and countryside. Also benefiting from a feature multi fuel stove, oak flooring, corniced ceiling with centre ceiling roses, 9'8" ceiling and double doors leading out to patio area.
- Kitchen/Diner: 15' 11'' x 23' 4'' (4.85m x 7.11m) max
- Large open kitchen/diner with kitchen units of hand-painted tulip wood, granite work surfaces and an island with wine and spice racks. Integrated appliances include a four-oven oil-fired Aga and separate oven and gas hob as well as integrated 'Neff' American style fridge/freezer with filtered water dispenser, dishwasher and enclosed microwave, walk-in larder, Belfast double sink with drainer and mixer tap, corniced ceiling and recessed lighting. Access to lift to first and second floor.
- Boot Room, Utility Room and Back Hall: 8' 0'' x 7' 2'' (2.44m x 2.18m) / 7'7" x 7'2" (2.32m x 2.19m) at widest points
- The boot Room has fitted high cupboards and outdoor clothing storage. The utility room has fitted units which are serviced for washing machine and tumble drier. A back hall off the utility room has storage under the stairs. The stairs provide an alternative access to and fire escape route from the Snooker Room and first floor.
- Study: 15' 2'' x 11' 5'' (4.62m x 3.48m) at widest points
- Front aspect, corniced ceiling and centre ceiling rose.
- Spacious landing area with feature stained glass window and oak flooring with new antique style radiators. Separate shelved hotpress and linen room.
- Master Bedroom: 17' 11'' x 17' 11'' (5.46m x 5.46m)
- Front aspect with separate direct access to dressing room fitted with cherry wood units and en-suite.
- En-Suite: 8' 9'' x 9' 10'' (2.66m x 2.99m)
- Fully fitted with cherry wood units, marble surfaces, mains shower which is useable as a steam room; WC, bidet and wash hand basin.
- Bathroom: 12' 2'' x 13' 8'' (3.71m x 4.16m) at widest points
- Fully marble tiled walls and flooring comprising Jacuzzi bath, WC, and wash hand basin. Extensive views over the surrounding countryside.
- Bedroom 2 13' 0'' x 17' 11'' (3.96m x 5.46m) at widest points
- Side aspect, picture rail, corniced ceiling and centre ceiling rose.
- Bedroom 3 13' 11'' x 18' 7'' (4.24m x 5.66m) at widest points
- Main guest room with integrated hand painted fitted wardrobe.
- Bedroom 4 16' 5'' x 9' 3'' (5.00m x 2.82m)
- Rear aspect, oak flooring with en-suite comprising a h=white suite with electric shower unit, wash hand basin and wc.
- Bedroom 5 10' 11'' x 13' 1'' (3.32m x 3.98m) at widest points
- Front aspect.
- Snooker Room 27' 0'' x 26' 3'' (8.22m x 7.99m) max at widest points
- Large games and exercise room which currently accommodates a full-sized snooker table and accessories with access to rear hall stairway.
- 2nd Floor
- Office space ideally suited to those who work from home or with business interests, currently arranged as three rooms incorporating a reception area, an administration office and a large executive office/boardroom with access to filing sore at rear. Air exchanger/ventilation system and kitchenette are accessed from reception area. Access to lift. The accommodation on the 2nd floor could be used for other purposes, perhaps a den and games areas or potentially an annex type arrangement for semi-independent living.
- Double Garage 27' 8'' x 25' 9'' (8.43m x 7.84m) at widest points
- Accessible from utility area comprises IT cabinet, Beam vacuum system, remote operated twin electric up and over doors, boiler and wc.
- Workshop 49' 3'' x 25' 1'' (15.00m x 7.64m) at widest points
- Located adjacent to the property and detached from the house, this "Man Cave" is well insulated and offers a variety of useful purposes with mezzanine first floor level (28'11" long) and three phase electricity with 12'8" wide main door and pedestrian side access.
- Through thte double entrance gates there is an ample driveway with parking to the front and side leading to a double garage unit and large workshop, stunning East facing mature gardens in lawn on a large site with variety of trees, shrubs, flower beds and patio areas.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »