- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Grade B1 listed Georgian stone farmhouse
- Drawing room
- Dining room
- Family room
- Servants quarters with reception room, bedroom and storage
- Three bedrooms
- Extensive range of outbuildings, garage and animal stores
- Grounds extending to approximately 1.8 acres
Additional InformationAn elegant grade B1 listed Georgian stone farmhouse with an excellent range of outbuildings on approximately 1.8 acres.
The three bay, two storey property dates circa 1830. It was formerly owned by the Marquis of Hertford and first noted on the 1832 Ordnance Survey Map. The initial valuation of the property was ten pounds and ten shillings.
The property is steeped in history and was built on the north side of the ruins of Aghalee Old Church, a medieval chapel thought to date from at least Pope Nicolas' taxation of 1306.
The interior is a throwback to a bygone era with a mix of formal rooms and servants quarters. The original entrance door, fan light and sash windows remain in tact.
The grounds extend to approximately 1.8 acres consisting of two paddocks, 1 field with orchard, pretty gardens with an impressive Monkey Puzzle tree and a trickling river which runs through the land. There are an excellent range of outbuildings, stables and stores.
Although in the heart of the countryside the property in only 4.5 miles from M1 access, 14 miles from Belfast International Airport and about 19 miles from Belfast City Centre.
The property requires extensive modernisation, a Condition Report is available for inspection by appointment and cash offers only will be considered.
A statement home featured in CEB Bretts 'Buildings of County Antrim'.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Original hardwood entrance door with feature fan light. Understairs storage cupboard. Coved ceiling. Access to first floor via original staircase.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.19m x 3.916m (17' 0" x 12' 10")
Feature fireplace with original mahogany surround. Picture rail. Corniced ceiling.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.094m x 3.891m (16' 9" x 12' 9")
Tiled fireplace. Picture rail.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.561m x 4.336m (14' 12" x 14' 3")
Tiled fireplace. Wooden beamed ceiling. Storage cupboard.
- 2.235m x 2.194m (7' 4" x 7' 2")
Range of cupboards. Belfast sink unit. Built in storage cupboards. Original slate floor.
- REAR RECEPTION ROOM:
- 4.54m x 4.437m (14' 11" x 14' 7")
Belfast sink unit. Antique Columbian Works cast iron stove. Staircase to first floor bedroom.
- GROUND FLOOR STORAGE:
- 4.724m x 3.562m (15' 6" x 11' 8")
Access to rear. Additional storage area.
- SERVANTS BEDROOM:
- 4.524m x 4.404m (14' 10" x 14' 5")
- 5.155m x 2.237m (16' 11" x 7' 4")
- Access to roofspace.
- BEDROOM ONE:
- 5.063m x 3.861m (16' 7" x 12' 8")
- BEDROOM TWO:
- 5.206m x 3.835m (17' 1" x 12' 7")
Feature tiled fireplace. Coved ceiling.
- BEDROOM THREE:
- 4.368m x 3.599m (14' 4" x 11' 10")
Built in cupboard. Picture rail.
- White suite. Bath. Pedestal wash hand basin. WC. Walk in cupboard with hotpress and copper cylinder.
- GARAGE ONE:
- 10.548m x 5.333m (34' 7" x 17' 6")
- GARAGE 2:
- 5.87m x 5.56m (19' 3" x 18' 3")
- Site extending to approximately 1.8 acres which includes 2 small paddocks, stream and orchard. Large front garden in lawn, enclosed by mature hedging and a beautiful Monkey Puzzle Tree.
Range of useful outbuildings:
No 1: 13.93m x 5.70m
No 2: 3.759m x 2.841m
No 3: 5.308m x 1.689m
From M1 roundabout at Moira take A26 for Belfast International Airport. Take 2nd road on the right hand side (Soldierstown Road). Go the end of the Soldierstown Road and turn right. No 15 Ballinderry Road is on the right hand side.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »