14 Kilbright Road, Carrowdore, Newtownards BT22 2HQ
6 Bed Detached house For Sale
- Impressive Detached Georgian Style Farmhouse
- Six Bedrooms - Master En Suite
- Further Ensuite Servicing Two Of The Bedrooms
- Four Reception Rooms
- Bespoke Handmade French Pippy Oak Kitchen With Dining Area
- Utility Room
- Luxury Family Bathroom
- Ground Floor Cloakroom
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- uPVC Sliding Sash Double Glazed Windows
- Original Barnhouse With Full Planning Permission For Conversion To A Rural Dwelling circa 1350sqft
- 6000 sq.ft. Outbuildings Including Stabling
- Sand Menage
- Set In Two And A Half Acres Of Land
Additional InformationGeorgian style and elegance make this a home of sophistication and charm. Situated in the heart of the rolling County Down countryside the property has featured in several publications including 'BBC Good Homes'. A great deal of planning has gone into the layout and design ensuring ease of living and a warm ambience. The coast is a short distance away with the historic Carrowdore Castle also in proximity. Those with an equestrian interest will enjoy the stabling, sand school and paddock on offer.
Approached through large wrought iron gates the impressive Portico entrance welcomes visitors and prepares them for what lies beyond the classical stained glass hard wood front door and side panels. Upon entering the gracious reception hall with its polished marble floor it is apparent that one is in a property of distinction. The thoughtfully designed internal layout over three floors comprises six bedrooms, three of which are en-suite,downstairs W.C, stunning lounge, living room, study, dining room, luxury family bathroom, downstairs cloakroom and kitchen/dining area with bespoke handmade units.
Carefully landscaped gardens ensure enjoyment of the natural surroundings from every angle, whilst clever planting provides secluded areas of privacy for those much needed peaceful moments.
Outbuildings extending to approximately six thousand square feet include garaging, stabling with wash bay, workshop and utility area. There is parking for several vehicles and boat or horse lorry. An area of hard standing originally intended as a tennis court, edged and hard cored could have a multitude of uses. As previously mentioned a field extending to approximately two acres would make an ideal paddock for those with an equestrian interest. Also included is an original barn house with full planning permission for conversion to a rural dwelling (1350sq ft).
A rare opportunity to acquire a quality country residence in a desirable location; viewing is essential to fully appreciate all this property has to offer.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 7.9m x 2.62m (25' 11" x 8' 7")
Hardwood front door including side panels with feature stained glass. Polished marble floor. Feature cornicing including ceiling rose. Stairs to first floor.
- 7.82m x 6.45m (25' 8" x 21' 2")
Double doors from hall. Feature sandstone fireplace piped for gas fire. French oak flooring. Bespoke corniced ceiling and ceiling roses. Vaulted ceiling. Double glazed French doors leading to limestone patio seating area, rear and side gardens.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.36m x 3.91m (17' 7" x 12' 10")
French oak floor. Corner fireplace with sandstone surround and multi fuel cast iron stove. Corniced ceiling and ceiling rose.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.17m x 3.94m (13' 8" x 12' 11")
French oak floor. Bespoke corniced ceiling. Corner fireplace with sandstone surround and hearth with gas fire.
- 3.25m x 2.39m (10' 8" x 7' 10")
Built in bookshelves and cupboards. French oak flooring. Views rural views.
- LUXURY KITCHEN/DINING ROOM
- 7.8m x 4.11m (25' 7" x 13' 6")
Comprehensive and extensive range of 'Thomas Bell' individually designed bespoke made to measure French Oak high and low level units, glass display cabinet and plate rack. Matching dresser/larder unit. Centre island unit with butchers block top and storage. Plumbed for American Style fridge freezer. Range housing with inset extractor and light. Roll edge granite worktops with concealed lighting over. Belfast sink with mixer taps. Integrated 'Bosch' dishwasher. Large tiled polished Limestone flooring. Walls partly tiled. Sky light. Double doors to rear deck. Open plan into:
- DINING AREA
- French doors to extensive rear decked seating area.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.59m x 2.44m (8' 6" x 8' 0")
Range of low level units with inset Belfast sink. Wine rack. Part tiled walls. Matching large tile Limestone flooring. Alarm controls. Heating control unit. uPVC double glazed stable style door. To cloakroom:
- Large tile Limestone flooring. Low flush w/c. Storage cupboard. Electric fuse box and Wi - Fi controls. Attic access.
- STAIRS & LANDING:
- Feature painted wood stairs with runner and stair rods. Painted ballaustrades with Mahogonay handrail. Feature arched stained glass window. Bespoke cornicing. Alarm control panel.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.62m x 3.96m (15' 2" x 13' 0")
French oak flooring. Dimmer switch. Walk in wardrobe with light point and single panel radiator.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising vanity wash hand basin, low flush w/c, corner shower cubicle with 'Mira' power shower. Heated towel rail. Fully tiled walls and floor. Extractor fan. Shaver point.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.99m x 3.51m (13' 1" x 11' 6")
French oak flooring. Wardrobe with shelving. Double panel radiator. Stunning views. Shared access with Bedroom (3) to Jack & Jill ensuite shower room.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising; pedestal wash hand basis and low flush w/c, corner shower cubicle with 'Triton' power shower. Heated towel rail. Partly tiled walls. Tiled floor. Extractor fan. Shaver point. Two eyeball down lighters.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.96m x 3.48m (13' 0" x 11' 5")
French oak flooring. Built in walk in wardrobe with light point. Access to adjoining ensuite shower room with Bedroom (2).
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.35m x 3.1m (11' 0" x 10' 2")
Deep fitted wardrobes. Wood laminate flooring
- LUXURY FAMILY BATHROOM
- 3.61m x 2.67m (11' 10" x 8' 9")
Antique style white suite comprising claw foot slipper cast iron bath with taps, ornate pedestal wash hand basis and low flush WC. Fully tiled walls. Tiled floor. Feature arched window. Bespoke corniced ceiling. Heated antique towel rail. Spectacular rural views.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 5.64m x 4.34m (18' 6" x 14' 3")
Walk in wardrobe with light point and single panel radiator. Double glazed Velux window. Glass block partition to:
- BEDROOM 6/TEENAGE RECEPTION AREA
- 5.11m x 4.37m (16' 9" x 14' 4")
Under eaves storage. Double glazed Velux window.
- STABLE BLOCK
- 24.05m x 5.49m (78' 11" x 18' 0")
Three stalls and wash bay.
- SAND MENAGE
- 27.99m x 18.01m (91' 10" x 59' 1")
- ORIGINAL BARNHOUSE
- Full planning permission for conversion to a rural dwelling (1350sq ft).
- HARD STANDING:
- Edged, hardcored,requires finishing but potential for tennis court. Excellent area for vehicle storage.
- DRIVE THROUGH FOUR BAY GARAGE
- 14.02m x 6.53m (46' 0" x 21' 5")
Electric roller door
- Approximately 2 acres. Currently in pasture. Excellent paddock.
- OUTDOOR WASHROOM
- Plumbed for washing machine. High and low level units. Sink with mixer tap. Light and power. Oil fired boiler
From Newtownards take the Portaferry Road for approximately 2 miles then turn left onto Finlays Road, turn right onto Ballyblack Road, continue straight onto Grange Road, turn right onto Manse Road, turn left onto Woburn Road, turn right onto Drumfad Road, slight right towards Kilbright Road, turn right onto Kilbright Road, the property will be on the right.
How much will it cost?
13th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »