This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Much admired detached house set back from the road on a generous site of just under 3 acres
- Thoughtfully designed and constructed to a very high standard
- Two separate reception rooms, both with attractive fireplaces
- Spacious country style kitchen with oil fired Rayburn and open plan dining area
- Utility room and downstairs cloakroom
- Four well proportioned bedrooms
- Family bathroom and ensuite shower room fitted with white sanitary ware and tiling
- PVC double glazed window frames
- Oil fired central heating system
- Generous parking and space for garage or stables
- Gardens in lawns with potential for paddock
- Popular rural location a few minutes drive from Downpatrick, Strangford & Ardglass
- Convenient to sailing and golf clubs and to the National Trust estate at Castle Ward
Built approximately 18 years ago, this most attractive country home occupies a generous level site of just under 3 acres. The house offers bright and spacious accommodation, but is of manageable proportions. It was constructed and finished to a high standard throughout and has been tastefully presented. Although surrounded by green fields the property is close toall the amenities of Downpatrick, Strangford and Ardglass. This is also an excellent location for those who enjoy the great outdoors with Castle Ward and Strangford Lough just up the road and golf courses at Ardglass, Bright and Downpatrick. The option to use part of the site as a paddock will also appeal to those with equestrian interests.
Granite doorstep & panelled front door with Georgian style arched fanlight
Entrance porch – 10’0” x 5’6”
Chinese slate floor, partly glazed vestibule door
Chinese slate floor, cornicing and ceiling rose
Low flush toilet, corner wash hand basin, wall and floor tiling and under stairs storage
Lounge – 15’3” x 12’0”
Oak flooring, mahogany fireplace surround with polished granite hearth, marble inset with gas fire. Cornicing and ceiling rose
Living room – 15’3” x 12’0”
Oak flooring, mahogany fireplace surround with cast iron & tiled inset and polished granite hearth, open fire, cornicing and ceiling rose
Kitchen with dining area – 19’4” x 15’3” (at widest points)
Blue oil fired Rayburn stove with rustic brick surround, Excellent range of oak high and low level units, one and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap, electric cooker point with extractor fan above. Chinese slate floor. Dining area with freench doors to paved patio.
Utility room -
Single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, built in unit, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, wall and floor tiling and door to outside
Landing – Shelved linen cupboard
Bedroom 1 – 15’4” x 10’0”
Ensuite – 8’0” x 5’5”
White suite comprising fully tiled corner shower enclosure with Aqualisa shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Wall and floor tiling, extractor fan and window
Bedroom 2 - 15’4” x 12’1”
Bedroom 3 – 15’4” x12’1”
Bedroom 4 – 10’0” x 10’0”
Bathroom – 8’0” x 6’4”
White suite comprising panelled bath with jets, mixer tap and hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Wall tiling and extractor fan.
Stone entrance and timber fence to front boundary, stoned driveway with ample parking space and room for garage or stables (subject to necessary permission). PVC oil tank, outside water tap and lighting. Gardens extending to just under 3 acres to include side paddock area.
From Downpatrick either -
1. Take the Ballyhornan Road which becomes the Lismore Road. At staggered crossroads turn left into Crew Road (Sign for Strangford). No. 131 is on the right hand side.
2. Take the Strangford Road and at Castle Ward crossroads turn right into Churchtown Road which becomes Crew Road. No. 131 is on the left hand side
How much will it cost?
Contact PropertyPal Mortgages For No Obligation Advice
Thank you for enquiring through PropertyPal Mortgages. A member of our team will be in contact with you.
(in last 30 days)
20th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Want to increase your views?
Why not Increase Your Views and get twice the exposure as a regular listing!Increase Your Views
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »