- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- A Perfect Combination Of Contemporary Living And Country Charm
- The Longhouse Farm buildings extend to approximately 3,700 sq.ft
- Unique Detached Family Home Within A Superb Setting, Views to Open Countryside
- Exceptional Standard Of Specification/Presentation Throughout To Include Kahrs Engineered Oak Flooring And Rational Eco Windows
- Wilsons Architectural Hand Made Ledge And Brace Doors
- Four Generous Bedrooms (with The Possibility Of Self Contained Accommodation)
- Spacious Library Area Plus Magnificent Open Plan Living/ Kitchen/Dining Area With Charnwood Multi Fuel Stove
- High Quality Family Bathroom And Ensuite Facility
- Oil Fired Central Heating Complete With Aga
- Separate Utility Area
- First Floor Guest Accommodation Or Studio With Own Door Access
- Detached Outbuildings With Courtyard Area With Potential To Create A Work Space Or Self Contained Cottages
- Well-Manicured Gardens Throughout, Perfect For The Growing Family
- Semi-Rural Location Close To Lisburn City Centre And Motorway Networks Connecting Belfast And Beyond
- Local bus links close to hand for leading local schools in Lisburn & Belfast
- Viewing Strictly By Private Appointment but early viewing is highly recommended
Additional InformationA substantial country home that has been lovingly restored though out by its current owners. This contemporary country side residence is nestled within a rural setting with views across open countryside. Known and named by the present owners as the 'Longhouse Farm' it is steeped in history and dates back over 200 years as a flax farm. It has been added to throughout its life span and now presents approximately 3,700 sq.ft of living space with the potential to add to this further via further barn conversions within its settlement.
The property's accommodation is flooded with light throughout and the contemporary finish enhances all the spaces .It presently comprises four bedrooms with the potential for self-catering accommodation or further renovation. It also presents flexibility in its reception spaces with a huge open plan Living Dining area know as the 'Oldbarn' ideal for modern day family living. This studio space also presents an ideal opportunity for any prospective purchaser to work from home.
All in all a rare opportunity to acquire a contemporary home in a convenient location. Belfast city centre is 20 minutes away making rural living with an urban proximity. Its connectivity ensures 80% of the UK population can reach this location in 115 minutes. City Airport is 14 miles and Belfast International is 18 miles. Fast access to M1 motorway brings the rest of Ireland within easy reach. 30 minutes drive will take you to the Mournes and outward bound activity as well as National Trust beaches in an area of outstanding beauty. Early viewing is recommended.
- Accessed via a loose stone driveway with more than ample parking for multiple vehicles, surrounded by low shrubs and loose planting. The layout of the home also presents two outdoor garden areas; a sheltered private garden with views across the countryside laid in lawn and a small gravel courtyard presently used for vegetable beds and light planting.
There are a range of outbuildings which lend themselves to renovation for studios, home offices, self-contained living accommodation or further extensions to the home itself.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Hardwood eco rational door of raised Tobermore block steps to entrance hall. Laminate flooring
- 4.52m x 4.06m (14' 10" x 13' 4")
Perfect reading area, Plenty of natural light, Oak flooring
- 12.32m x 6.4m (40' 5" x 21' 0")
Superb extension space, dual aspect eco rational windows and doors, Kahrs engineered oak flooring, Charwood cove multi fuel burning stove with central stand, Velux windows, Recess spotlights.
- 8.51m x 4.52m (27' 11" x 14' 10")
Excellent range of high and low level black units, block wooden worktops, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, tiled splashback, Rayburn double oven with stainless steel extractor above, oak flooring.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 4.93m x 3.94m (16' 2" x 12' 11")
Comfortable space with oak flooring, feature wood burning cast iron stove, raised brick fireplace with slate tiling.
- White suite, panelled bath with tiled border, electric shower, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, low flush wc, vinyl flooring.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.66m x 2.51m (12' 0" x 8' 3")
Carpeted, could operate also as a study.
- Rear hallway leading to...
- UTILITY AREA:
- 3.18m x 2.24m (10' 5" x 7' 4")
Plumbed for washing machine, space for dryer, inset Belfast sink, access to oil burner, ceramic tiled flooring, additional storage.
- SEPARATE WC:
- Low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled flooring, access to adjacent hotpress.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 3.28m x 3.05m (10' 9" x 10' 0")
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- Panelled bath with electric shower above, chrome taps, tiled walls, vinyl flooring.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.73m x 2.74m (12' 3" x 9' 0")
- BEDROOM (4):
- 5.36m x 3.38m (17' 7" x 11' 1")
Generous well-appointed bedroom or self-contained studio, velux window, own door access.
- The property is accessed via a loose stone driveway with great provision for parking with surrounding shrubs and some light planting. There are two outdoor garden areas, a private garden laid in lawn and a small courtyard which is used for home-grown vegetables and light planting. There are a range of outbuildings which lend to the purpose of either an art studio or self-contained living accommodation given time to convert.
When leaving the M1 Motorway at the Saintfield Road Exit, take the Saintfield Road past Dobbies Garden Centre and continue for two miles. After two miles filter left and continue along the Saintfield Road and 121b Saintfield Road is 500 yards on the left hand side .
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
How much will it cost?
22nd Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »