This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Detached Period Family Residence Within a Relaxed Rural Setting
- Site Totalling 8.5 Acres including Four Paddocks Ideal for Arable or Agricultural Use
- Ideal for Equestrian Usage with Sand School, Stable Block and Tack room/Storage Facilities
- Wealth of Character and Charm
- Five Well Proportioned Bedrooms
- Master Bedroom with Ensuite Shower Room
- Country Style Kitchen with Oil Fired Aga Open Plan to Sunroom
- Gracious Drawing Room with Feature Fireplace
- Family Room with Feature Fireplace
- Separate Dining Room
- Utility Room and Downstairs WC
- Extensive Front and Side Gardens Laid in Lawns with Colourful Array of Planting and Mature Trees
- Driveway Providing Ample Car parking and Access to Open Fronted Garaging
- Offers Ease of Access to Killinchy, Lisbane, Comber and Only A Short Commute To Belfast
- Close Proximity to Local Amenities and Well Renowned Eateries including Balloo House and Daft Eddy's
- Mahee Golf Club, Strangford Lough Yacht Club, Killyleagh Yacht Club and Water Sports Facilities Close at Hand
- Convenience to the Well-Established Killinchy Primary School and Good Road Networks to Leading Grammar Schools.
Additional InformationThis gracious detached property is set on a delightful site which in total extends to approximately 8.5 acres offering all the attributes of a relaxed rural lifestyle whilst still in good commuting distance to Comber, Newtownards and Belfast. The property dates back to the 18th Century retaining a wealth of character and charm and although in need of some sympathetic updating there is huge potential for the family market. The heart of the home is undoubtedly the country style kitchen open plan to the sunroom offering a delightful outlook to the garden. Accommodation further comprises of drawing room with feature fireplace, family room, dining room, white suite family bathroom and five well-proportioned bedrooms with the master bedroom benefitting from ensuite shower room. Further benefits include downstairs WC, utility room and oil fired central heating. Externally the property is enhanced by private, extensive front and side gardens laid in lawns with mature planting, trees and colourful array of flowers. A Loose stone driveway leads through to ample car parking to rear of property with access to open fronted garaging. The site totals approximately 8.5 acres across four paddocks with three accessed directly from the residence and is ideal for equestrian usage with a sand school, stable block and tack room/storage facilities. The property is located on the Thornyhill Road; Killinchy and is within close proximity to a selection of local amenities and well renowned eateries including Balloo House and Daft Eddy's. The location also offers convenience to the well-established Killinchy Primary School with good road and public transport links to leading Grammar Schools. For the sporting enthusiasts the picturesque Mahee Golf Club, Strangford Lough Yacht Club, Killyleagh Yacht Club and numerous spots for water sports activities are only a short drive way.
- Hardwood front door to reception hall.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Original tiled floor.
- DOWNSTAIRS WC:
- White suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, stainless steel taps, tiled splashback, ceramic tiled floor.
- KITCHEN OPEN PLAN TO SUN ROOM:
- 7.47m x 7.01m (24' 6" x 23' 0")
at widest points Country style kitchen with excellent range of high and low level units, hardwood work surfaces, concealed lighting, inset sink unit with work surface drainer, chrome mixer taps, integrated Bosch dishwasher, Aga oil fired range cooker in recessed alcove, hardwood sleeper beam mantel, ceramic tiled floor, recessed spotlights, open through to sun room with outlook to rear garden, access door to garden, door through to family room.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 5.28m x 4.04m (17' 4" x 13' 3")
Original marbleised slate feature fireplace with slate hearth, ornate tiled inset and cast iron open fire, dual aspect with French doors to side, cornice ceiling, picture rail, door through to dining room.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.83m x 2.54m (15' 10" x 8' 4")
Picture rail, alcove display unit, tongue and groove ceiling, outlook to front.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 4.8m x 3.76m (15' 9" x 12' 4")
Original cast iron fireplace with ornate tiled inset, slate hearth and open fire, dual aspect windows, picture rail.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Range of high and low level units, laminate work surfaces, stainless steel drainer sink unit with chrome mixer taps, plumbed for washing machine, ceramic tiled floor.
- REAR HALLWAY/CLOAKS AREA:
- Ceramic tiled floor, hardwood access door to rear.
- Tongue and groove ceiling, recessed spotlights, access hatch to roof space, hot press with copper cylinder and shelving above.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 5.13m x 4.39m (16' 10" x 14' 5")
Original cast iron fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, solid wooden floor, dual aspect with views to countryside and front gardens. En Suite White suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin with stainless steel taps, fully tiled shower cubicle with Aqua Lisa shower unit, tongue and groove ceiling, spotlights, laminate wooden floor.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.28m x 4.06m (17' 4" x 13' 4")
Tongue and groove ceiling, solid wooden floor, built-in wardrobes, dual aspect windows, outlook to front, pedestal wash hand basin with stainless steel taps and tiled splashback.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 5.28m x 2.39m (17' 4" x 7' 10")
Built-in wardrobe, dual aspect windows.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.14m x 3.12m (13' 7" x 10' 3")
Cast iron fireplace with tiled inset, tongue and groove ceiling, pedestal wash hand basin with taps and tiled splashback, mature outlook to front.
- BEDROOM (5)/STUDY:
- 3.07m x 2.31m (10' 1" x 7' 7")
Built-in wardrobe, mature outlook to surrounding countryside.
- White suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, stainless steel taps, bath with stainless steel taps, Mira thermostatically controlled shower unit, ceramic tiled floor, part tiled walls, stained glass window.
- Private extensive front gardens laid in lawns with mature planting, shrubs and colourful array of flowers. Side garden laid in lawns with mature planting, trees and shrubs. Loose stone driveway leading through to ample car parking to rear of property and to open fronted garaging. The site and land totalling approximately 8.5 acres including three paddocks which are situated with direct access from the property and are suitable for agricultural grazing or arable purposes. The fourth paddock may be accessed at the rear of the residence behind the sand school, alternatively, it may be accessed via a laneway (Right of way access) leading from Thornyhill Road. The land may be offered separately subject to negotiation, please contact the office for further information. The property is ideal for equestrian usage with a sand school, stable block and tack room/storage facilities.
- STABLE BLOCK:
- 11.35m x 3.28m (37' 3" x 10' 9")
Sub-divided into three, with light.
- TACK ROOM:
- 5.59m x 3.73m (18' 4" x 12' 3")
Light and power, stable access door.
- STORAGE ROOM ONE:
- 5.82m x 3.58m (19' 1" x 11' 9")
Light, door through to separate WC comprising: low flush WC and floating wash hand basin.
- STORAGE ROOM TWO:
- 3.76m x 2.79m (12' 4" x 9' 2")
- OPEN FRONTED GARAGING:
- 7.06m x 4.98m (23' 2" x 16' 4")
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »
(in last 30 days)
30th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Want to increase your views?
Why not Increase Your Views and get twice the exposure as a regular listing!Increase Your Views