109 - 111 Killowen Road,
Rostrevor, Newry, BT34 3AE
Guide price £1,000,000
Contact the Agent
Best Property Services (Newry)
Guide price £1,000,000
Is this your property? Attract more buyers by upgrading your listing
- Five Bedroom Detached Residence (3,000 sq ft) plus Two Additional Sites
- 0.9 Acres of Incredible Shore Frontage
- Unique opportunity to buy sites with full planning and outline planning permission
- Direct access to shoreline
- Outstanding views across Carlingford Lough
- Tranquil setting at the base of the Mourne Mountains
- Existing Residence has detached double garage
- Gravel Driveway
- Well-maintained lawns
109 - 111 Killowen Road, Rostrevor, Newry, Down, BT34 3AE
DETACHED RESIDENCE & 2 ADJACENT APPROVED BUILDING SITES WITH SHORE FRONTAGE, EXTENDING OVERALL TO APPROX. 0.9 ACRES
CLOSING DATE FOR OFFERS: FRIDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2022
From the Shore Road, Rostrevor, drive approx. 3 miles from Campbells Garage towards Kilkeel. Immediately past Ballyedmond Castle, take the lane on the righthand side. Drive towards the shore & 109 – 111 is on the left.
New to the market, this superb five bedroom, 3,000 sq ft detached property sits in prime location on the waters edge of Killowen with un-interrupted across Carlingford Lough to the front, and magnificent mountain views to the rear.
Located at the base of the Mourne Mountains and only 5 minutes' drive to Rostrevor Village, this property benefits from incredible surrounding scenery whilst remaining close to both Rostrevor, Kilbroney Park, Killowen Primary School and local bus stops. Ideal for families, this location also provides for plenty of outdoor activities including hiking, walking trails, and water sports, being only a few minutes from Carlingford Lough Yacht club.
The property itself which is South-facing, comprises five double bedrooms, two on the ground floor and three on the first floor (all with en-suites), an open-plan kitchen/living/dining area, spacious entrance hall, utility room and study. There is a wrap-around glass balcony surrounding the first floor that is perfectly positioned to benefit from the tranquility of the surrounding scenery. Externally, there is a spacious garden to the front and garage to the rear, as well as a private gravel driveway with plentiful parking.
BUILDING SITES: -
Adjacent to the Residence are 2 approved Building sites which also benefit from shore frontage and spectacular views towards Carlingford & Greenore.
- 109A KILLOWEN ROAD
Situated between 109 & 111, this middle plot includes an existing cottage and has Full Planning Consent approved under Planning reference LA07/2019/1489F in March 2021 with a 5-year expiry.
- 111 KILLOWEN ROAD
This end plot has an Outline Planning Consent, [reference LA07/2019/0053/O] approved in November 2019. The ridge height is restricted to “less than 6.5 metres” to a maximum footprint of 125m² measured externally.
All 3 properties are accessed via a long established right of way over Yelverton Lane from the Killowen road, the main coastal route between Rostrevor and Kilkeel. Yelverton Lane is situated to the east of Ballyedmond Castle adjacent to the eastern boundary of the Estate.
The Vendors prefer the entire property to be sold as one lot. However should individuals have a preference for Dwelling only or sites only, this may be discussed further with the selling agents.
Whilst the agents invite offers from interested parties for this property initially on a private basis, we reserve the right on behalf of the Vendors to conclude the bidding (if necessary) by holding a meeting of all bidders on a specified date and time in our office. In the event that a meeting is to be arranged, only those parties with a valid offer on the property can be assured of being notified of the specific time and date.
Closing Date for offers: -
Guide Price: - offers around £1,000,000
Closing Date: - Friday 18th November 2022
- Entrance Hall 16' 5'' x 8' 2'' (5m x 2.5m)
- Tiled flooring: solid wood panelled door with glass either side; vertical radiator; under stair storage;
- Kitchen/Living Area 26' 3'' x 32' 10'' (8m x 10m)
- 4.5 x 5.5 (units part) 7.8 x 5.7 (second part) Open fireplace; tiled flooring: upper and lower level units; recessed spotlight; belling range cooker with 5 ring electric hob; stainless steel backsplash; tv point.
- Bedroom 1 18' 1'' x 16' 5'' (5.5m x 5m)
- Front Elevation. Oak wood flooring; two built-in wardrobes; en-suite; tv point; two double doors opening out to patio area; mahogany skirting; two double radiators.
- Utility Room 11' 6'' x 7' 10'' (3.5m x 2.4m)
- Tiled Flooring; Plumbed for Washing Machine; Stainless Steel Sink; Upper and Lower level storage units; Access to rear of property
- W.C./En-suite (Bed 1) 6' 7'' x 6' 7'' (2m x 2m)
- Tiled flooring and walls; telephone point; mains shower (Samuel Heath) mirrored cabinet; Villeroy & Boch sink; towel rail; shaving point; heated towel rail: recessed spotlights
- Bedroom 2 13' 1'' x 9' 10'' (4m x 3m)
- Oak wood flooring; tv point; rear facing; built in wardrobe: 2 c windows; en-suite
- Bedroom 2 En-suite
- Tiled flooring and walls; heated towel rail; Samuel Heath shower; Villeroy & Boch sink; mirrored unit; Villeroy & Boch bidet; telephone point.
- Bedroom 3 17' 9'' x 12' 2'' (5.4m x 3.7m)
- Rear Elevation with mountain views. Oak wood flooring; two windows; built in storage; telephone point; TV point.
- En-suite (Bed 3)
- Rear Elevation. Tiled flooring and walls; mirrored cabinet; 3 piece Villeroy & Boch suite; towel rail: shaving point; recessed spotlights.
- Office 7' 3'' x 9' 10'' (2.2m x 3m)
- Single radiator; oak wood flooring: front facing; large windows opening out to balcony; mahogany skirting.
- Bedroom 4 17' 5'' x 11' 6'' (5.3m x 3.5m)
- Solid Oak Wood Flooring; South facing with views across Carlingford Lough; Built in storage; Double doors onto balcony; En-suite
- Bedroom 4 (En-suite) 7' 3'' x 6' 11'' (2.2m x 2.1m)
- Tiled Floor & Walls; Shower; Front Facing
- Bedroom 5 23' 11'' x 14' 9'' (7.3m x 4.5m)
- Solid oak wood flooring; mahogany skirting boards; open fireplace with exposed brick and porcelain surround; double radiator; tv point; double doors opening out to balcony; front facing; telephone point; adjoining loo.
- Bedroom 5 (En-suite) 5' 7'' x 6' 7'' (1.7m x 2m)
- Tiled Floor & Walls; Rear facing; Three piece suite
SPOTTED A PROBLEM? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.
Is this your property? Attract more buyers by upgrading your listing. See options and pricing