- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Detached Georgian B1 Listed Property
- Well presented throughout whilst retaining many original features
- Sitting Room, Dining Room and Living Room
- Boot Room, Utility Room and Cloaks with low flush Suite
- Maple Kitchen with Casual Dining Area
- 4 Well Proportioned Bedrooms, Master with Ensuite Shower Room
- Family Bathroom with separate Shower Cubicle
- Bedroom 5 on second floor and Games Room
- Gas Heating
- Range of Outbuildings, Stores and Garaging
- Walled Gardens in lawns, mature shrubs, various seating areas, natural water well
- Superb location and only a stone's throw from Greyabbey village
Additional InformationDating back to the early 1800s this imposing detached Georgian B1 listed property is situated on the periphery of the village of Greyabbey. Conveniently located and within a short distance from Carrowdore, Newtownards and Bangor, this home enjoys the peace and tranquillity of country / village living, yet remains within commuting distance of Belfast and beyond.
On entering the property one is immediately struck by the bright and gracious interior, high ceilings throughout with ornate, original cornices and roses above the living room, entrance hall and landing. Further investigation reveals well proportioned living and bedroom accommodation which is complemented by an excellent standard of decor throughout. Externally the property is surrounded by original stone walls with well tended gardens in lawns, shrubs, range of outbuildings, garaging and stores.
With so much on offer we anticipate strong demand so early viewing is a must to avoid disappointment.
- Georgian Fanlight Front Door leading to . . .
- SPACIOUS ENTRANCE HALL:
- Ornate and original cornice ceiling, ceiling rose.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 5.44m x 4.88m (17' 10" x 16' 0")
Attractive carved mahogany fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, picture rail, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose.
- A large walk through cloak room leading to rear hallway.
- UTILITY ROOM / BOOT ROOM:
- Range of units, stainless steel sink unit with double drainer, plumbed for washing machine, space for freezer. Door to outside.
- SEPARATE CLOAKROOM WC:
- Low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, part tiled walls.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.08m x 3.12m (16' 8" x 10' 3")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail, original glazed display cabinet with leaded glass.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.11m x 4.39m (16' 9" x 14' 5")
Marble fireplace with tiled inset and open fire, original ornate cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, built-in alcove with display shelving.
- MODERN FITTED KITCHEN:
- 6.1m x 3.07m (20' 0" x 10' 1")
Maple kitchen with excellent range of high and low level units, laminate work surfaces, 1.5 stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, glazed display cabinet, integrated fridge freezer, larder, Rangemaster cooker, stainless steel extractor fan and canopy, integrated dishwasher, part tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, spotlighting. Casual Dining Area.
- REAR PORCH:
- Built-in cupboard. Worcester gas fired boiler. Door to courtyard.
- From Entrance Hall - original staircase to . . .
First Floor Return
- White bathroom suite comprising tiled bath with mixer tap, vanitory unit, low flush wc, separate fully tiled shower cubicle, Aqualisa shower unit, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled walls, extractor fan, spotlighting.
Hotpress - Willis type immersion heater. Built-in shelving.
- Spacious landing. Library / office. Original and ornate ceiling cornice and rose.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.83m x 3.45m (15' 10" x 11' 4")
Range of built-in robes and cupboards.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled shower cubicle with Bristan shower unit, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled walls, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.95m x 3.96m (16' 3" x 13' 0")
Slate fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset, tiled hearth, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 5.08m x 3.18m (16' 8" x 10' 5")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.33m x 3.23m (10' 11" x 10' 7")
(At widest points)
- Storage cupboard.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 5.11m x 3.89m (16' 9" x 12' 9")
Laminate wood flooring.
- GAMES ROOM:
- 5.05m x 3.84m (16' 7" x 12' 7")
Laminate wood flooring. Access to floored roofspace, light.
- Gated entrance to courtyard. Ample parking for several cars.
- 3 STORES:
- Original stonewalls leading to inner walled garden in lawns. Paved patio area and further walled gardens in shrubs, trees etc.
Feature seating areas.
Natural water well.
- DETACHED STONE GARAGE:
- 4.9m x 4.5m (16' 1" x 14' 9")
Light and power.
- FURTHER STONE OUTBUILDINGS:
- 2 storey.
- Further shared driveway.
- Front garden laid in lawns bordered by beech hedges, flowerbeds with an array of flowers. Shrubs.
- Pedestrian pathway from North Street.
From Carrowdore Road at the junction of Cardy Road turn into North Street and No 1 is on the left hand side just before Main Street.
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »