- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Magnificent property built circa 15 years ago set on an elevated site with amazing manicured gardens and Belfast Lough views
- Located minutes from Bangor town centre, this property is minutes from the shores of Belfast Lough
- Property consists of circa 5000 sq ft of extensive living space
- Spectacular entrance hall with feature fireplace, staircase and stained glass insert
- Two principal reception rooms including drawing and dining room with ornate fireplace surrounds and views over Belfast Lough
- Fully fitted kitchen with 4 oven Aga, casual dining room and living area with views over Belfast Lough
- Additional living room, play room and study
- Five double bedrooms, all with ensuite facilities
- Phoenix Natural Gas central heating system/double glazed windows
- Large workshop/storage room on lower ground floor with direct access to the garden
- Private electric entrance gates leading to forecourt and double garage with private parking and turning for several cars
- Rolling lawns to rear, landscaped patio areas with outdoor lighting, seating areas, perfect for entertaining and taking in the panoramic views
- Within easy commuting distance of Belfast via railway or road ain minutes from the coastal walks of North Down
Additional InformationSet off the prestigious Killaire Road, Carnalea and approached by a sweeping driveway this exception property is undoubtedly one of North Down's most desirable residential addresses. This elegant property is set on an elevated site with incredible panoramic views over Belfast Lough towards Scotland to the right and over the Antrim hills towards Belfast to the left. Designed and built by the current owners, who have insured that only the finest materials and craftsmanship were used, the property is nestled within a mature setting, enjoying considerable privacy and seclusion. The location could not be more convenient for access to the Bangor, Holywood and Belfast City Centre, main arterial transport routes, leading schools & academic institutions, shops, parks, golf clubs & shopping facilities.
This substantial detached period residence occupies magnificent plot circa 0.75 acre. Well-tended lawns, meticulous landscaping & mature shrubs & trees offer a profusion of colour throughout all seasons.
The property offers well-proportioned accommodation throughout complimented by the many fine architectural features including high corniced ceilings, decorative ceiling roses, magnificent staircase & ornate fireplace surrounds. The accommodation comprises magnificent entrance hall with double height ceiling and stained glass window insert, stairway to the first floor, drawing room with attractive ornate wooden fireplace surround, dining room with direct access through to the large family kitchen, living, dining area, additional living room, utility room and cloakroom. The first floor boasts five double bedrooms, four with ensuite facilities and a large family bathroom adjoining the fifth bedroom. There are two further reception rooms currently used as a playroom and study on the lower ground floor & a large garden workshop/storage room.
Outside, in addition to the secluded and mature grounds, there is ample parking to front with access to a large double garage for two cars with electric doors and inspection pit. All in all, a handsome residence occupying one of the most attractive sites on the North Don coastline with magnificent views and gardens. This home is for those who are seeking an enviable site with panoramic views and easy access to North Down, Belfast, various sports clubs and the Carnalea train halt.
Viewing is strictly by private appointment.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 4.8m x 3.84m (15' 9" x 12' 7")
Hardwood solid oak panelled front door with glazed window and double height ceiling atrium with coloured stained glass window.
- 1.88m x 0.97m (6' 2" x 3' 2")
Leaded stained glass window.
- SEPARATE WC:
- 1.88m x 0.97m (6' 2" x 3' 2")
Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, mixer taps, extractor fan. Leaded stained glass window.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.13m x 4.17m (16' 10" x 13' 8")
Corniced ceiling, gas fire with ornate carved wood surround and sandstone inset and hearth.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.05m x 5.18m (19' 10" x 17' 0")
Fireplace with ornate carved wooden surround and built in mirrored panels, carved sandstone inset and hearth with gas fire. Corniced ceiling. Large panoramic window overlooking Belfast Lough. Doorway through to:
- BAR AREA:
- 4.42m x 1.37m (14' 6" x 4' 6")
Range of high and low level units with glazed display cabinets, optics area, single drainer circular sink unit with mixer taps, recess for fridge. View over Belfast Lough. Range of built in shelving, recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.69m x 4.22m (18' 8" x 13' 10")
Solid oak parquet flooring. Corniced ceiling. Fireplace with solid Mahogany carved surround, sandstone inset and hearth. Large panoramic window overlooking sea views.
- OPEN PLAN KITCHEN LIVING DINING AREA:
- 7.44m x 5.03m (24' 5" x 16' 6")
Kitchen area with an excellent range of high and low level solid wood kitchen units with 4 oven gas fired Aga, double gas ring and double heat spots. Glazed display cupboards with recessed low voltage spotlighting, partly tiled walls, exposed solid wood beams, chinese slate floor, 1.5 drainer ceramic sink unit with mixer taps, integrated Bosch dishwasher. Large pantry cupboard. Integrated fridge freezer. Open to Dining area for 8-10 people and through to sitting area with large panoramic window overlooking sea views. Doorway through to:
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Chinese slate tiled floor. Rear door entrance with barn style split hardwood door.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.05m x 3.18m (10' 0" x 10' 5")
Excellent range of high and low level units, single drainer Franke single drainer sink unit with mixer taps, plumbed for washing machine, recess for tumble dryer. Partly tiled walls, Chinese slate tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Large storage cupboard with built in shelving.
- SEPARATE WC:
- Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, mixer taps, Chinese slate floor.
- 6.93m x 5.74m (22' 9" x 18' 10")
Twin roller shutter electric roller shutter doors. Light and power. Sunken car pit/inspection chamber.
Lower Ground Floor
- GARDEN ROOM:
- 4.37m x 4.95m (14' 4" x 16' 3")
Large French doors with glazed side panels opening onto rear patio and garden. Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Fireplace with granite surround and inset and electric fire. Electric roller shutter security covers.
- WINE CELLAR:
- 5.18m x 1.19m (17' 0" x 3' 11")
Range of built in wine racks. Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Strip wood floor.
- GAMES ROOM:
- 6.2m x 4.14m (20' 4" x 13' 7")
Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Double French patio doors with glazed side panels opening onto rear patio. Sea views over Belfast Lough. Electric roller shutter security covers.
- WORKSHOP/STORAGE ROOM:
- 8.03m x 4.75m (26' 4" x 15' 7")
Large patio doors with side panels opening onto rear patio and garden. Sea views. Light and power. Range of work benches, built in shelving. Ideal Concorde CXS gas fired boiler. Range of built in cupboards with single drainer sink unit. Roller security shutters.
- GARDEN STORAGE ROOM:
- 3.58m x 4.52m (11' 9" x 14' 10")
Range of built in shelving.
- SEPARATE WC:
- Low flush WC, wall hung pedestal sink unit, ceramic tiled floor.
- Solid oak hand crafted staircase to:
- Corniced ceiling, recessed low voltage spotlighting. Access to partially floored roofspace via Slingsby type ladder.
- AIRING CUPBOARD/LUGGAGE ROOM:
- 3.76m x 1.98m (12' 4" x 6' 6")
Range of slatted shelving. Drying racks. Recessed low voltage spotlighting.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 5.28m x 5.33m (17' 4" x 17' 6")
At widest points. Excellent range of built in robes with hanging rails, shelving and shoe racks. Corniced ceiling. Superb views over surrounding gardens and North Down Coastline to Belfast Lough.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 3.73m x 2.34m (12' 3" x 7' 8")
Contemporary white suite comprising: Panelled bath with mixer taps, low flush WC, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit, vanity sink unit with marble top, built in drawers and cupboards, corniced ceiling, recessed low voltage spotlighting, extractor fan. Fitted mirror with built in LED lighting. Fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.55m x 4.09m (14' 11" x 13' 5")
Panoramic view over Belfast Lough and surrounding gardens. Integrated range of robes with hanging rails and shelving.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 1.93m x 2.49m (6' 4" x 8' 2")
Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps, half tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spotlighting, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 5.69m x 4.24m (18' 8" x 13' 11")
Corniced ceiling, window with sea views over Belfast Lough and surrounding gardens.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.51m x 2.11m (8' 3" x 6' 11")
Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps, half tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spotlighting. Extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.24m x 2.77m (13' 11" x 9' 1")
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.77m x 2.01m (9' 1" x 6' 7")
At widest points. Fully tiled shower cubicle with electric Mira Sport shower unit. Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, mixer taps, half wall tiling, ceramic tiled floor. Recessed low voltage spotlighting, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (5)/GUEST ROOM:
- 5.74m x 3.78m (18' 10" x 12' 5")
Access to main bathroom.
- 4.29m x 3.02m (14' 1" x 9' 11")
Cream suite comprising: Panelled bath with mixer taps, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower unit, fully tiled walls. Ceramic tiled floor, recessed low voltage spotlighting. Extractor fan.
- Accessed via electric gate entrance leading to Bitmac driveway with car parking for several cars, turning space. Direct access to double garages. Access to rear of property. Access to rear patio and garden via side. Raised flowerbeds with multitude of flowering shrubs and plants. Expansive stone patio area - perfect for entertaining overlooking Belfast Lough and surrounding gardens. Manicured gardens in lawns with raised flowerbeds, pathways and outdoor lighting. Leading to greenhouse and vegetable patch. Possible access to North Down Coastal paths if required. Further raised flowerbeds to rear with further planting, trees and shrubs. Tranquil stream runs to side of the garden with further outdoor lighting.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »