1 Cozies Road,
Castlecatt, Bushmills, BT57 8YG
5 Bed Detached House
Offers over £595,000
Contact the Agent
R Benson & Son
Offers over £595,000
- 'Ballylough National School House'.
- Gentleman's Residence Which Make's A Lovely Family Home Comprising 5 Bedrooms, 3 Receptions, 4 Bathrooms.
- Oil Fired Central Heating With Original Cast Iron Radiators.
- Double Glazed Windows.
- Burglar Alarm System.
- Feature Stain Glass Windows & Quarry Tiled Floors.
- Original Exposed Brickwork, Deep Windows Sills & High Skirting.
- Wall Enclosed Court Yard & Gardens.
- Short Drive To Bushmills, Portrush, Portstewart & All Major North Coast Attractions.
- Views Overlooking The Surrounding Countryside.
- Rarely does the opportunity arise to purchase a property that has such an unique history. Originally 'Ballylough National School' the property was purchased in 1995 by the current owners and has been restored to the highest of standard throughout in keeping with the original build and character of the property.
Internally the home offers spacious well laid out adaptable accommodation. On entering you are welcomed into a spacious reception hall leading into receptions rooms with many original features incorporating high vaulted ceiling, dual fireplaces which oozes charm and character throughout. Spacious bedrooms and bathrooms are located on both the ground and first floor. The original school entrance with feature leaded stain glass window leads into large kitchen with centre island and 'Aga' cooker. Externally you welcomed through the double gates into the court yard with centre feature and ample parking, spacious wall enclosed secret garden laid in lawn with mature trees, plants and shrubbery.
Being only a short drive also to the North Coasts top attractions such as the Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, World famous Golf Courses and other coastal towns such as Portballintrae Portrush, Portstewart and Ballycastle this property sure to appeal to a wide range of purchasers and only upon internal inspection will you truly appreciate what this house has to offer.
- ACCOMMODATION COMPRISING
- Entrance Porch 4.78m x 1.98m (15'8 x 6'6)
- With feature leaded pane stain glass window, quarry tiled floor, exposed original brick work, spiral staircase leading to Guest Bedroom -
- First Floor
- Guest Bedroom 5.18m x 4.98m (17 x 16'4)
- With original wooden floor, hotpress, panelled ceiling, recessed lights. En-suite (9'4 x 8'5) comprising bath, wc, wash hand basin, extractor fan, panelled ceiling and feature glass cubed wall.
- Kitchen 6.10m x 4.95m (20'0 x 16'3)
- With extensive range of real solid wood units, welsh dresser, centre island with 'Belfast' sink unit and mixer tap and polished recessed granite worktop, 'Aga' oil fired range, exposed beam ceiling with fan, pantry cupboard and quarry tiled floor.
- Open Plan Lounge / Dining Room 10.59m x 6.86m (34'9 x 22'6)
- Split level - with Cathedral style vaulted ceiling with original wood beam, feature black open fireplace (dining area), sandstone surround fireplace with multi fuel stove (lounge area), concealed storage ornate cast iron and oak staircase leading to:-
- Family Room (Mezzanine) 7.01m x 5.38m (23'0 x 17'8)
- With solid oak wooden floor.
- Reception Hall
- With Parquet flooring, storage under stairs and solid wooden staircase with decorative newel post.
- Bedroom 1 5.61m x 5.33m (18'5 x 17'6)
- With wooden floor and access to Jack & Jill style bathroom.
- Bathroom 4.17m x 2.90m (13'8 x 9'6)
- With feature free standing claw foot bath, wc, wash hand basin, fully tiled walk in shower cubicle, half panelled walls, leaded pane stain glass window.
- Utility Area / Laundry Room 4.39m x 2.92m (14'5 x 9'7)
- With double butler sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, extractor fan and quarry tiled floor.
- First Floor Landing
- With wooden floor, feature back illuminated stain glass window.
- Bedroom 2 5.23m x 4.70m (17'2 x 15'5)
- With wooden floor. En-suite comprising fully tiled walk in shower cubicle, wc, wash hand basin, extractor fan, wooden floor.
- Bedroom 3 3.48m x 3.43m (11'5 x 11'3)
- With wooden floor.
- Bedroom 4 3.43m x 2.49m (11'3 x 8'2)
- With wooden floor, access to roofspace.
- Bathroom 3.43m x 2.26m (11'3 x 7'5)
- With feature free standing claw foot bath with telephone hand shower attachment, wc ,wash hand basin, extractor fan, wooden floor.
- EXTERIOR FEATURES
- Property entered by electric double gates leading to court yard with centre water feature and gravel/tarmac parking area. Enclosed secret garden by wall and laid in lawn accessed by paviour pathways with selection of mature trees, plants and shrubs and feature raised pond. Hedge enclosed garden to side and front with screened paths. Fuel store.
Click here to view the video
Mortgage Repayment Calculator
Want to check your mortgage eligibility?
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. Smart Mortgages is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Financial Services Register number is 912358.
Schools near 1 Cozies Road, Castlecatt, Bushmills, BT57 8YG
- Selective Grammar Schools
- Integrated Colleges
- Secondary Schools
- Primary Schools
Sorry we couldn't find any selective grammar schools within in a null miles radius of this property
Loading Area Price Data
Are you selling this property?
Our advertising upgrades can make your property really stand out.
Advertise until sold
PROMOTE YOUR PROPERTY
Stand out - with 4 photos on the search results page showing the best features of your property as chosen by you
Adverts appear above standard ads and are twice the size of a standard ad
Premier properties receive 3.5x more email enquiries than standard ads
Reach more buyers - push your advert up to the top of the search results every week for the first four weeks
Advertise until sold - with no limits or expiry date, your advert stays up until it's sale agreed
Upgrade option - with our 'bump it back' package to push your advert back to the top of the search results
You choose the duration
PROMOTE YOUR PROPERTY
Stand out - in an area specifically chosen by you for as long as you want
Adverts appear above standard ads
Featured properties receive 1.5x more email enquiries than standard ads
Attract buyers - your advert will appear at the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order
Upgrade your advert - to a premier listing with no limit or expiry date
Final cost of a featured listing is determined by search terms and duration of listing.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
SPOTTED A PROBLEM? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.