|Address||Tara Hill Cottage, 2 Ballyquintin Road, Portaferry BT22 1RF|
|Price||Offers over £199,950|
This agent has listed the accuracy as: Exactly Right
- Traditional Irish cottage in idyllic location
- Extensively modernised yet retaining the original character
- Spacious living room with wood burning stove
- Large well fitted kitchen with casual dining area and French doors to garden
- Dining hall and Utility room
- Three double bedrooms and stunning bathroom
- Floored roofspace with skylight window
- PVC double glazed sliding sash window frames
- Oil fired central heating, pressurised water system
- Delightful cottage gardens and parking area
- Panoramic views over surrounding countryside towards the Mournes
- Approximately 10 minutes walk from a beautiful sandy beach
- Close to Portaferry with its restaurants, marina and aquarium etc.
- Within easy reach of Strangford and Downpatrick (by ferry), Newtownards and Belfast
This sale represents a rare opportunity to purchase a traditional cottage in one of Northern Irelands most beautiful and unspoilt locations. Tara Hill Cottage has been lovingly restored and presented to the highest of standards. In recent years it has been successfully run as a holiday let with many clients returning on a regular basis. Although it is an old cottage, the accommodation has been extensively renovated and feels both bright and spacious. The modern kitchen and bathroom and the wood burning stove add to the comfort of this very special home which will appeal to a variety of potential purchasers. The coastal village of Portaferry with its amenities and regular ferry to Strangford is close by. The unspoilt coastline is waiting to be explored and this part of Northern Ireland also benefits from a microclimate making it the driest part of the country. Tara Hill Cottage would make a lovely home, either full time or holiday. To begin to appreciate all that it has to offer, we strongly recommend viewing!
Hardwood entrance door
Tiled floor, vestibule door with stained glass panel
Living Room – 19’0” x 15’5”
Pine fireplace surround, slate hearth and inset and Coalbrookdale wood burning stove
Dining Hall – 15’5” x 8’3”
Laminate oak effect flooring, glazed door to kitchen. Rear hallway with doors to utility, bathroom and garden
Kitchen with casual dining area – 19’9” x 12’7”
Contemporary cream gloss units with wood effect work surfaces, inset one and a half tub single drainer stainless steel sink unit. Five ring stainless steel gas hob, stainless steel extractor fan and Belling double oven. Integrated dishwasher and housing for fridge freezer. Spot lights, ceramic tiled floor and access to floored roofspace with skylight window. Casual dining area with French doors to garden
Plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, ceramic tiled floor and shelving. Large shelved linen cupboard with Megaflow pressurised water tank
Bedroom 1 – 15’7 x 9’7”
Laminate flooring, wardrobe with sliding doors
Bedroom 2 – 11’9” x 10’2”
Bedroom 3 – 11’9” x 7’9”
Bathroom – 10’1” X 9’0”
Contemporary white suite with chrome fittings comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, large shower enclosure with chrome Triton shower unit, wall hung wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Tiled floor and partly tiled walls, spot lights, tongue and groove linen cupboard.
Driveway and ample parking, outside lighting and water tap. PVC oil tank
Delightful cottage gardens in lawns, trees, shrubs and flowerbeds
* This information does not contain all the of the details you need to choose a mortgage. Make sure you read the key facts illustration provided with your mortgage offer before you make a decision.
Legal Fees Estimator
Spotted a Problem?
Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.
Report a problem »